Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC News: Two al Qaeda Leaders Behind Northwest Flight 253 Terror Plot Were Released

GhostofSparta

Actually, I'd paint with a slightly broader brush.

Whenever anything bad happens, it's inevitable that information will come out which people will point at and claim "they should have known".

When an airplane crashes, they have an investigation. And a year or two after the crash, the NTSB will conclude that the plane crashed because the dilithium phase inverter failed.

And people will do a Google search on the airplane company's emails, and lo! They'll discover a memo from some Dilbert-level engineer, saying that he thinks the dilithium phase inverter might be a hazard and we should look at changing that design.

Problem is, if you dig enough, you'll discover a memo about every single part in that airplane that somebody wanted to change.

Find a mass murderer, and a day or two later the media will find some guy who'll say "I always knew there was something funny about that guy. And I said so, to lots of people."

(Just as it's also inevitable that they'll find people who'll say "they were very nice neighbors. Never made any noise.")

Or they'll discover that the guy was previously in jail, but got released.

(Sometimes, people who've been released from prison commit other crimes. Sometimes, they don't.)

Only problem is, y'know what? :secret:The science of predicting what people are going to do in the future? It isn't real accurate.

That's the problem with locking people because you think they might do something, in the future.

my hero :)

OK I'm gonna say it and possibly piss a few people off....

Terrorism incidents seem to be coming to our shores right around the time Obama said he's expanding efforts in the War in Afghanistan. This is probably why he didn't want to continue the war(s). These fundementalist groups don't necessarily have a problem with us "in general" although they do hate us... but they have a bigger problem with us "over there" in their land.

**raises shield, awaiting onslaught**

This guy was screened in a foreign country, tho.

Serious question - how much control do we have over how passengers are screened when they depart from another nation (especially one that may not be on good terms with the U.S.) to arrive into the U.S. ?

I tend to agree. However she did say the system worked. that leads me to believe that some sort of cooperation in working with other airports abroad are in place.

Terrorism incidents seem to be coming to our shores right around the time Obama said he's expanding efforts in the War in Afghanistan. This is probably why he didn't want to continue the war(s). These fundementalist groups don't necessarily have a problem with us "in general" although they do hate us... but they have a bigger problem with us "over there" in their land.

Why would making **** up piss people off?

Any evidence of that highlighted?...He always seemed rather gong ho on Afghanistan and Pakistan....and lately Yemen.

Actually, I'd paint with a slightly broader brush.

Whenever anything bad happens, it's inevitable that information will come out which people will point at and claim "they should have known".

When an airplane crashes, they have an investigation. And a year or two after the crash, the NTSB will conclude that the plane crashed because the dilithium phase inverter failed.

And people will do a Google search on the airplane company's emails, and lo! They'll discover a memo from some Dilbert-level engineer, saying that he thinks the dilithium phase inverter might be a hazard and we should look at changing that design.

Problem is, if you dig enough, you'll discover a memo about every single part in that airplane that somebody wanted to change.

Find a mass murderer, and a day or two later the media will find some guy who'll say "I always knew there was something funny about that guy. And I said so, to lots of people."

(Just as it's also inevitable that they'll find people who'll say "they were very nice neighbors. Never made any noise.")

Or they'll discover that the guy was previously in jail, but got released.

(Sometimes, people who've been released from prison commit other crimes. Sometimes, they don't.)

Only problem is, y'know what? :secret:The science of predicting what people are going to do in the future? It isn't real accurate.

That's the problem with locking people because you think they might do something, in the future.

Yet in this case his own FATHER was 100% certain his Son was Radicalized and reported him.

The real problem is not taking these ****s out aka kill them when they try to murder a multitude.

I still believe when there is finally a major terrorist attack on the West Coast in the heart of liberalism with a great loss of life, either there will be a reality check or a blame America rant.

I'm betting on the latter

Am I missing something, hasn't there only been one potential terrorist attack since Obama declared he was sending more troops to Trashganistan?

No.

And you won't hear about all of the thwarted terrorist attempts, which was also the case during the Dubba Ya administration.

Not taking sides of any political debate, but for the people blaming Obama:

"Two of the four leaders allegedly behind the al Qaeda plot to blow up a Northwest Airlines passenger jet over Detroit were released by the U.S. from the Guantanamo prison in November, 2007, according to American officials and Department of Defense documents."

This was during Bush's reign... and before any thought of closing gitmo...

I was thinking to blame the closing of gitmo on this as well until I saw the date the prisoners were released.

You libs continue to behave as if it's pre-9/11. 9/11 taught us radical muslims don't need a specific grievance to bring terror to our shores. Their stated goal is to kill as many Americans and allies of America as possible. We should continue Bush's policy of searching them out throughout the world and KILLING THEM FIRST! Obama doesn't even want to use the phrase "War on Terror". He wants to turn it into a law enforcement issue, as American lives hang in the balance. And all you libs are cheering him on....Pathetic.

Not taking sides of any political debate, but for the people blaming Obama:

"Two of the four leaders allegedly behind the al Qaeda plot to blow up a Northwest Airlines passenger jet over Detroit were released by the U.S. from the Guantanamo prison in November, 2007, according to American officials and Department of Defense documents."

This was during Bush's reign... and before any thought of closing gitmo...

I was thinking to blame the closing of gitmo on this as well until I saw the date the prisoners were released.

Who is blaming Obama ?

You libs continue to behave as if it's pre-9/11. 9/11 taught us radical muslims don't need a specific grievance to bring terror to our shores. Their stated goal is to kill as many Americans and allies of America as possible. We should continue Bush's policy of searching them out throughout the world and KILLING THEM FIRST! Obama doesn't even want to use the phrase "War on Terror". He wants to turn it into a law enforcement issue, as American lives hang in the balance. And all you libs are cheering him on....Pathetic.

Yeah because it's not like Obama bombed Yemen last week or anything.

You morons continue to talk as though terrorism was invented on 9/11.

Terrorism existed a long time before 9/11. It's going to exist long after we're all dead.

And terrorism will gain the upper hand as long as we have these children running the country.

And terrorism will gain the upper hand as long as we have these children running the country.

ah yes. I am glad to hear that SOMEONE is on a first name basis with Terrorism. Perhaps you could talk to him, try to get him to hear some sense. Otherwise somebody will have give him an asskicking.

Foolishness that increases the odds of attacks here

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/31/AR2009123101744.html

The logic is perverse. If we find Abdulmutallab in an al-Qaeda training camp in Yemen, where he is merely preparing for a terror attack, we snuff him out with a Predator -- no judge, no jury, no qualms. But if we catch him in the United States in the very act of mass murder, he instantly acquires protection not just from execution by drone but even from interrogation.

We are at this moment contemplating strikes there in retaliation for the attempted bombing while affording this POS rights...it boggles the mind.

Foolishness that increases the odds of attacks here

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/31/AR2009123101744.html

The logic is perverse. If we find Abdulmutallab in an al-Qaeda training camp in Yemen, where he is merely preparing for a terror attack, we snuff him out with a Predator -- no judge, no jury, no qualms. But if we catch him in the United States in the very act of mass murder, he instantly acquires protection not just from execution by drone but even from interrogation.

We are at this moment contemplating strikes there in retaliation for the attempted bombing while affording this POS rights...it boggles the mind.

Wow, you're right. We should immediately protect our way of life by eliminating trials.

Wow, you're right. We should immediately protect our way of life by eliminating trials.

I agree Larry, suspend the Bill of Rights impose Martial Law, and restrict people to their homes, after all this is for our own safety.

irobot.jpg

Why is it that everyone thinks that these cautionary tales are just entertainment?

Archived