Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Urban Meyer resigns... someone's gotta say it

carter23

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4772952

The only thing I don't get is why he's announcing this now, before the bowl game. It's going to be a huge distraction for the team now.

As for some of you speculating that he's coming here, I don't want Gators 2.0 here. :doh:

And if coaching at UF caused him health problems, what would working for Danny and this dysfunctional mess do to him?

One thing to keep in mind though, he & Bruce Allen worked within a 2-hour drive of each other for several years.

Stunned to hear this. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Urban Meyer. He's a great coach who ran a classy program at each of his three coaching destinations. It's really strange to have an elite level college football head coach step down in his prime, especially due to health reasons. From reports it seems he's being precautious and wanting to spend some time with the family.

And as for him being our next HC, lets pray Dannyboy has learned his lesson.

All the talk about running away from a UF team without Tebow is garbage. Has anyone watched the guy replacing him??? John Brantley is a far superior pro-style QB to Tebow. Sure, he can't do the goofy fake run, jump pass that TT loves so much, but his mechanics and decision-making are great.

Stats for 2009:

Comp - 36

Att - 48

% - 75

TD - 7

Yds - 410

Int - 0

Maybe he's trying to take a year off or something and then transition to the NFL. This way he can play the sympathy health card this year and the Florida fanbase won't hate him for leaving, and he can take a year to see what he wants to do and then get "recovered" and offered a job somewhere.

Maybe he's trying to take a year off or something and then transition to the NFL. This way he can play the sympathy health card this year and the Florida fanbase won't hate him for leaving, and he can take a year to see what he wants to do and then get "recovered" and offered a job somewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him angle for the Jaguars job if Jack Del Rio gets broken off. From what I hear, the entire city of Jacksonville wants them to draft Tebow.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him angle for the Jaguars job if Jack Del Rio gets broken off. From what I hear, the entire city of Jacksonville wants them to draft Tebow.

Yep they love some Tebow down there. He went to a highschool right outside Of Jax. in Ponte Vedra, Fl. from what i understand and all the jags fan i talk to would love to have him.

Bull ****ing **** he resigns due to health reasons.

He resigns due to the fact that he doesn't know what to do without the Golden Child.

He was fine at Utah and I honestly think he'd be fine at Florida without Tebow. He won a NC with Chris Leak.

I don't care for the guy, being a Dawg fan and all, but he's a top 2 or 3 college coach right now.

Yep they love some Tebow down there. He went to a highschool right outside Of Jax. in Ponte Vedra, Fl. from what i understand and all the jags fan i talk to would love to have him.

I did hear some speculation that Jax might sign Tebow simply in the hope that he'll sell tickets.

I'm not saying he's quitting cause Tebow is leaving. I'm saying I think it helps him make his decision a lot easier.

You are clearly underestimating how good a recruit John Brantley is. He'll be a much better QB than Tebow was/is. Will he be a better football player? Who knows, but Florida has been pulling in top 5 recruiting classes for the past 4 or 5 years. They are poised to contend for a very long time.

He has a heart valve defect, and he is not leaving Florida he is going to stay on with a job title to be named latter.

If he ever coaches again which is doubtful it will be at Florida or some other university.

He has never been an NFL fan and rarely watches NFL games. He will never coach in the NFL.

First of all, Meyer was a winner at Bowling Green and Utah before he ever came to Florida. He was 22-2 at Utah including a 12-0 season the year before he took the Florida job, so if you think his success is tied to Tebow, well, you are just ignorant.

Second, if he wanted to leave Florida to coach in the NFL, he'd say as much. Not that I know the guy but from all indications he is a man of high character and he wouldn't blatantly lie about his reasons for leaving.

Third, if he does have heart problems, the Redskins coach is the last job in all of organized football that he should take.

Archived