Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whose side are you on? Favre's Or Chilly's?

Number5

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4767366

This is crazy. And from all of the info coming out this week, they have been having problems throughout the season.

Do you think that Childress has a point regarding the offense? He is the Head Coach, but at the same time, this is Brett Friggin Favre who has played at a near MVP level....

What do you guys think?

I argee with you, but the whole audible issue kinda makes sense. Then again, Brett blew a few plays....I guess it boils down to what you said, the Coach is in charge....but in Minny, ever since Favre has been there, he has been labeled as being bigger than Chilly...

Coach has to always be right, even when he isn't. Like having lieutenant's disobey generals, even when it makes sense to do so, it leads to much bigger problems.

I think that the bigger problems are here already. Watch how they implode over the next two weeks.

I normally agree with you guys, but I think in this case Childress is wrong. He needs to let Favre have more leeway with calling audibles. What's the point of having a QB of Favre's caliber if you're just going to use 80% of his skill set?

Defenses shift/give you different looks or what not. Or the QB might pick up on something that he can exploit. If it's Jason Campbell, I have reservations. But if you're talking Favre, Brees, Mannings, Brady... you have to give 'em leeway.

What coach says goes.

Former teammate LeRoy Butler on Brett Favre regarding this:

Everybody in Minnesota knows that Brett Favre is running that organization. When the head coach leaves and goes and picks him up in his SUV, and brings him to the facility. Everyone knows who’s running the Minnesota Vikings. So I’m not surprised Brett won out. If the coach says to come out of the game, you come out of the game. You don’t question authority. Peyton Manning, they asked him, ‘Do you want to play?’ and he said, ‘It’s not up to me, it’s up to my coach.’ That’s what Brett should have said. ‘OK, I’m taking a lot of hits, I’ll come out of the game.’ He doesn’t want to do that. You can’t show your coach up like that. It’s 80% Brett’s fault, but it’s 20% Childress’ fault. He let it happen. It’s like a poker game. Brett is a chip, Super Bowl or bust, all in.

So you knew Brett was a diva, you knew Brett wanted it his own way, you knew this all along. It was just a matter of time before it happened. At the time they were up, 7-6. They were still in the game, so it was a little bit of bad timing. The coach was right, but it was bad timing. Childress, offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and Favre should have sat down and talked about it. But even then, it doesn’t matter. The coach gets the last word. That can’t be questioned. We can do Monday morning quarterback about it, but on the field it can’t be questioned. I don’t if Childress has been looked at as a leader since he let Brett come in with no training camp. And so, if I’m Percy Harvin, and I have a question on a route or a play, I’m going right to Brett Favre. If I’m Adrian Peterson and I’m not getting the carries I want, I don’t go to Childress or Bevell, I go to Brett Favre. He’s running the team. All this falls on Brett.

Chilly lost all credibility when he personally picked up Favre and drove him to the Vikings facility on the day he said he was coming back. When he did that, he showed Favre and everyone else that Favre was bigger than the team and bigger than him. Chilly did this to himself.

Chilly lost all credibility when he personally picked up Favre and drove him to the Vikings facility on the day he said he was coming back. When he did that, he showed Favre and everyone else that Favre was bigger than the team and bigger than him. Chilly did this to himself.

Remember reading that, but I saw on it a random blog and brushed it off. If ths is how it went down, then damn, if they make a quick exit come playoff time, Chilly might be gone!

Coach has override, that's the way it goes. But it's good to have a QB that can read a defense too. It looks like there is just a conflict of interest because both guys want to prove that the team is their's.

Reminds me of the situation with Allen and Jurgensen some.

I don't think that's the case at all. Don't get all caught up in the media portrayal of Favre as a primadonna. It may be true, but that has nothing to do with this. Favre knows what he's doing. He sees a weakness in the defense, he needs to be able to exploit it as he sees fit. What coach would not want a play to succeed?

I think BC is putting his need to be in control over the needs of the team.

Wow, they're 11-3 and they're pissing and moaning? Get a life Child Molester and Diva. I mean, all the reports are that Childress wanted to take Favre out during 3 games this year. Bet all were the losses. Damn, I wish we were 11-3 and fighting for the #2 seed. I'm officially saying Minnesota is doomed in the playoffs because of this.

Chilly was wrong. No doubt about it.

He didn't go up to favre and say "You're outta the game".....

He went up and said "I'm thinking of taking you out of the game...."

Those are two very different sayings.

Besides, what are you telling your team when you pull your qb in a 7-6 game, when the Saints just lost and you're fighting for homefield advantage?

Here's an idea chilly...........if you can't protect Favre's blindside because your LT all of a sudden forgot to block, then use a TE over there to help him, or send a RB over there to chip him. Its not rocket science. Its football.

But instead you think about sending a message to your team that says "We're getting beat up out there on the oline, I better pull the leader of this team out, and hope we win anyway"...Everyone else be damned.

Makes zero sense, and I think Chilly just showed his true colors right there.

Remember reading that, but I saw on it a random blog and brushed it off. If ths is how it went down, then damn, if they make a quick exit come playoff time, Chilly might be gone!

Well I think I remember reading something about them giving Childress an extension so that won't happen.

Childress.

Which reminds me why is Viking fan so angry Childress got an extension? He appears to be doing a fine job at Minnesota yet there's criticism of him being a "bad coach". And why?

Bad coaches don't go

8-8

10-6

11-3

A Bad coach is Jim Zorn. A bad coach is not Brad Childress, and I fail to see why his name keeps coming up on the "hot seat" before he got an extension.

I normally agree with you guys, but I think in this case Childress is wrong. He needs to let Favre have more leeway with calling audibles. What's the point of having a QB of Favre's caliber if you're just going to use 80% of his skill set?

Defenses shift/give you different looks or what not. Or the QB might pick up on something that he can exploit. If it's Jason Campbell, I have reservations. But if you're talking Favre, Brees, Mannings, Brady... you have to give 'em leeway.

:secret: Manning doesn't have an S. Peyton I give that leeway, Eli no.

Wow, they're 11-3 and they're pissing and moaning? Get a life Child Molester and Diva. I mean, all the reports are that Childress wanted to take Favre out during 3 games this year. Bet all were the losses. Damn, I wish we were 11-3 and fighting for the #2 seed. I'm officially saying Minnesota is doomed in the playoffs because of this.
Child molester? :wtf:

Childress.

Which reminds me why is Viking fan so angry Childress got an extension? He appears to be doing a fine job at Minnesota yet there's criticism of him being a "bad coach". And why?

Bad coaches don't go

8-8

10-6

11-3

A Bad coach is Jim Zorn. A bad coach is not Brad Childress, and I fail to see why his name keeps coming up on the "hot seat" before he got an extension.

what about wade phillips? is he not a bad coach?

Child molester?

he looks like one, don't think he is one.

Objectively Favre is in the wrong, head coach makes the call even if a player doesn't like it, and it should be followed.

But ignoring that protocol, it was idiotic to want to pull your starting QB, who leads the NFL in many passing records, who's having one of the best seasons of his life, up 7-6, fighting for home-field advantage. Favre was getting pressured (I guess didn't see the game), but what's his backup going to do differently? How is this good practice for the playoffs--next month is Childress going to pull Favre with a lead because he's not having a great game or the O-line is struggling? It's just dumb all the way around.

Archived