Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whose side are you on? Favre's Or Chilly's?

Number5

Coach is always in charge.

You do what he says, and shut the hell up!

Agreed, but I think the issue of this thread is whether or not it was the "right" decision on Chilly's part, which is wouldn't have been. Favre is having a monster season and it's a ONE point game, and a bye & HF advantage is/was still a good possibility, and Chilly thinks about putting Sage Rosenfels or Tavaris Jackson in? Bad decision.

Childress.

Which reminds me why is Viking fan so angry Childress got an extension? He appears to be doing a fine job at Minnesota yet there's criticism of him being a "bad coach". And why?

Bad coaches don't go

8-8

10-6

11-3

A Bad coach is Jim Zorn. A bad coach is not Brad Childress, and I fail to see why his name keeps coming up on the "hot seat" before he got an extension.

Because the Vikings have had 14-2 talent for a few years now and they always underachieve. If not for the gunslinger orchestrating his way to Minnesota Chilly would probably be 6-8 right now and two weeks from getting whacked.

Plus the guy kinda has the face of a pervert. :silly:

I think he is getting Favre confused with Mark Chmura and his relationship with a teenage girl. You can call Favre a "pill popper" though.

Nope. The answer is above. Many people have joked that Childress has the look of a child molester or some other sex offender. Not that he IS one, merely that he resembles some conception people have of one.

As for this debate, Favre may have audibled to plays that didn't work but it seems like Chilly is mad at plays that WORK too. It seems to me an attempt to exercise control over Favre, rather than let a man who clearly has experience and is putting in the film hours, adjust to something he sees.

I guess it could come down to how OFTEN it happens and perhaps self-serving if it's cutting into AP's carries but I don't know.

I'm definitely on Chilly's side of this.

I will say though that Chilly brought this on himself. When you leave your practice to pick up a player at the airport, then you have set the tone for whole season.

Chilly got an extension for what is happening this season. He may not even finish the second contract because Favre may not be back. At the end of training camp, Chilly sent the message to the team that Favre was to be treated with special gloves. Now he's reapping what he sowed.

Hopefully the Vikings will be knocked out of the playoffs. :cheers:

:helmet:

Archived