Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glazer - Story of Snyder's Dark Heart

Dan T.

On NFL Gameday this morning, Jay Glazer related a story told to him by former Denver Broncos safety John Lynch, now an NFL Network colleague. It indicates two things - the Redskins have been interested in Mike Shanahan since way earlier this season, and two, all the bad press Daniel Snyder receives for being a bad human being might not be so far off.

Lynch met a Redskin contingent at the league meetings in March. The group was made up of Redskins brass, and included Daniel Snyder as well as Coach Jim Zorn. Snyder approached Lynch and said "Tell be everything you know about Mike Shanahan as a coach." Lynch, feeling awkward and uncomfortable with current head coach Jim Zorn RIGHT THERE, looked over at Zorn. Zorn gave him a look as if to say, "go ahead, don't worry about it, I'm used to this type of thing."

So, there you have Dan Snyder scouting information for a new coach - right in the presence of his existing coach.

...What was it that Riggo said earlier this year?

hmmm

oh well it just reinforces why I want Zorn out

if remotley true smh how can just let someone abuse like this is beyond me.

Snyder Knew he had a pushover from day one..smh

If this is true

look as Zorn's resume. he has no job prospects. before the Redskins, he may have been an interesting candidate for an Offensive Coordinator position. in fact, that's why we hired him as our OC. since no one wanted to be our HC, Zorn got promoted and was immediately in over his head. if (or when) he gets fired, he will have trouble finding a job again.

considering all that, you are criticizing him for not being insubordinant to his boss? that's grounds for firing "with cause" and could cost him a lot of money. "pushover" or not, he'd be dumb to speak up. feel free to come up with more nitpicky reasons to complain about zorn, though.

considering all that, you are criticizing him for not being insubordinant to his boss? that's grounds for firing "with cause" and could cost him a lot of money. "pushover" or not, he'd be dumb to speak up. feel free to come up with more nitpicky reasons to complain about zorn, though.

Staying medium makes you a nice guy but not a "player" in a cut throat business.

look as Zorn's resume. he has no job prospects. before the Redskins, he may have been an interesting candidate for an Offensive Coordinator position. in fact, that's why we hired him as our OC. since no one wanted to be our HC, Zorn got promoted and was immediately in over his head. if (or when) he gets fired, he will have trouble finding a job again.

I would speak up cause he is a human being it is god given right to defend himself and I am no fan of the man at all.

How much non vebal abuse should a human being take in perfect world none

Like i said in a previous post You have to stand up and fight and to hell with the ramifications show some self worth .

it is obvious snyder new what Zorns mental makeup was and walked right over him .. that not right but I do not put all the blame on snyder I put it on Zorn .

Like my late grandmother use to say no one can do anything to you unless you allow it. And it is not like zorn does not have freind still in Seattle or His bff largent who sits as the head of largest govering body of wireless communications outside of the fcc

take the 3million hit and show you have some worth imo it makes no sense

Staying medium makes you a nice guy but not a "player" in a cut throat business.

staying medium also could mean he's able to provide for him family at their current standard of living when he is fired. yelling at his boss could jeopardize that. sometimes being the bigger man means NOT being a "player in a cutthroat business."

i'm not saying that this is some great thing that Zorn did, but the people criticizing him for it are being ridiculous.

Yeah and if I'm the Foreman on the Job Site (Head Coach), and couldn't make the job profitable from the get go with the easiest of assignment(run the mains before the walls go up and everybody's system will eventually be piped in my way, kinda relates to our soft early schedule), and then my boss starts asking someone in front of me about another Foreman he know who has/had a successful track record. I'd probably expect it!!! It's just business...

staying medium also could mean he's able to provide for him family at their current standard of living when he is fired. yelling at his boss could jeopardize that. sometimes being the bigger man means NOT being a "player in a cutthroat business."

i'm not saying that this is some great thing that Zorn did, but the people criticizing him for it are being ridiculous.

I agree he was probably doing what was best for him. Cant knock him for that. But in the end he probably wasnt doing what was best for this team.

Cant knock Zorn to be honest......but its probably best for the team if we just move on to someone who has the raisins to stand up to this guy......no matter what.

Do all of you remember how Snyder would go into the locker room after a loss and yell and scream at Norv Turner?? In those days, no one said Turner was weak for taking Snyder yelling at him. Our owner yells at managers in his other businesses and berates them so embarassing Zorn in front of John Lynch is nothing new for him. I am sure Zorn wants to let his owner have it verbally many times but he is going to behave as a professional. Once his last day comes, then if I was JZ I would tell the owner what I really think of all the stress and problems he causes the team and the coaches. Of course Snyder will probably just ignore all the comments. He does not seem to ever learn from his mistakes.

Thats funny i heard it on fox, but Jay G didnt say Lynch or he heard it from Mooch, funny. i dont think Snyder has bad intentions, just wants this team to win.
that's been the excuse I've always heard "he just wants to win"

people need to realize we have a douche for an owner regardless of his so-called desire to win (which has given us nothing but high prices and mediocre teams). When you take his organization and actions in as a whole, it is quite evident that the man was born of Satan and has no soul :evilg:

I think Snyder wouldn't have given damn if Zorn tried to fight back and would have fired him much sooner if Zorn did try. The folks skewering Zorn probably would chicken out on their boss if it meant losing their job.

been there done that lost my job and settled out of court for practices against me

cause no one has the right to be abuse whither sexual, verbal, racial or physcial

Not everyone can turn the other cheek in Zorns case four the cheeks on his face and his rear end..

Who cares. Seriously. Bunch of gossip, nothing more. If the guy he brings in wins, no one will ever think twice about it.

But, I guess if you own a Dan Snyder jersey you can get rid of it.

~Bang

I care for a couple of reasons. 1. As Snyder's reputation grows among NFL players, coaches, and personnel people as a jerk of a human being to work for, if that becomes a factor in people deciding not to come here, that hurts the team. Remember when Bobby Beathard declined to return here because of the way he was treated by Snyder? Snyder can throw money around, but for some people, money isn't the only factor in making a decision. 2. Rooting for the Redskins trumps all, but I do like to root for good guys. Snyder doesn't seem to be a good guy. Too many stories about how he treats people like crap.

I care for a couple of reasons. 1. As Snyder's reputation grows among NFL players, coaches, and personnel people as a jerk of a human being to work for, if that becomes a factor in people deciding not to come here, that hurts the team. Remember when Bobby Beathard declined to return here because of the way he was treated by Snyder? Snyder can throw money around, but for some people, money isn't the only factor in making a decision. 2. Rooting for the Redskins trumps all, but I do like to root for good guys. Snyder doesn't seem to be a good guy. Too many stories about how he treats people like crap.

+1

I am a Redskins fan despite Snyder and in no way because of him.

Archived