Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Snow and Monday night football

Howie411

If the estimation of the snow stopping by Sunday morning, then the roads should be ok. The problem may be how much room the mounds of plowed snow take up in Fed Ex's parking lot.

If the snow is taking up more than one space or is not properly displaying the appropriate parking pass, I'm sure someone in a golf cart will come by and tell it to move. :)

The Ravens have several hundred people sleeping over at the stadium tonight to clear the snow as it falls on Saturday so the stadium will be ready for 4:15 Sunday (The league moved the game from one to give them more time).

Pretty interesting.

And i am positive the same thing will be going on at FedEx, they just have more time to do it

Also the field is heated, so it will allow them to focus more on the stands at first but I'm sure they have all the equipment to clear it :)

The situation reminds me of the 'Snow Bowl', a game I went to a few years ago. The Dolphins were playing at the Patriots, and a friend of mine invited me to the game (has season tix). In the stadium, we were standing on packed snow. It was a tight, low-scoring game into the 4th quarter. The entire crowd seemed to all at once start throwing snowballs everywhere......at the cheerleaders, refs, players, etc. At one point, Jay Fiedler was backed up in his own endzone, and while in the huddle, got hit in the back by a mammoth snowball. I swear I could not believe that this was being allowed with NO announcement to refrain from throwing snow. Toward the end of the game, the Pats D (Teddy Bruschi I think) picked off Fiedler and returned it for a TD. Everyone started throwing snow straight up in the air (it looked like fireworks under the lights). It was the most amazing and fun game I have ever attended, despite the bitter cold. In short, don't miss out on the opportunity to attend Monday night's game......it could be an historic event.

...hmmmm.....we've had the "Seat Cushion game"...maybe it's time for the snowball game...just a thought....

I'm not going, but what I worry about for those of you that will attend are the stairs leading up to and down from the seats. I remember going to that ice cold Thursday night game against Chicago and recall a few spots that looked really treacherous as far as ice goes.

Coldest game that I've ever been to.

Good luck with parking folks. With the totals being pushed to 20-30 inches I don't know where they are going to put the snow. Nightmare scenario.

This is what I am worried about , especially since I am in Copper lot, I wonder how they are going to plow a grass field (Copper and Grey lots) :gaintsuck

Good luck with parking folks. With the totals being pushed to 20-30 inches I don't know where they are going to put the snow. Nightmare scenario.

Nah...we'll make due....if they push it towards the back, where we usually tailgate then we'll adjust accordingly.

It'll affect me, somewhat, because I always set up in the grass. I don't see that happening on Monday.

No matter, I'm sure that there will be plenty of room for me to set up; after all, I'm bringing a heater:D

I'd be surprised with this much snow if they didnt use some dump trucks to remove the bulk of the snow. Now the gray and copper lots are another story all together. That is going to be an interesting ordeal.

No matter, as long as there is a tailgate I'll be there.

AsI suspect quite a few others will be also, birds of a feather and all of that :silly:

The situation reminds me of the 'Snow Bowl', a game I went to a few years ago. The Dolphins were playing at the Patriots, and a friend of mine invited me to the game (has season tix). In the stadium, we were standing on packed snow. It was a tight, low-scoring game into the 4th quarter. The entire crowd seemed to all at once start throwing snowballs everywhere......at the cheerleaders, refs, players, etc. At one point, Jay Fiedler was backed up in his own endzone, and while in the huddle, got hit in the back by a mammoth snowball. I swear I could not believe that this was being allowed with NO announcement to refrain from throwing snow. Toward the end of the game, the Pats D (Teddy Bruschi I think) picked off Fiedler and returned it for a TD. Everyone started throwing snow straight up in the air (it looked like fireworks under the lights). It was the most amazing and fun game I have ever attended, despite the bitter cold. In short, don't miss out on the opportunity to attend Monday night's game......it could be an historic event.

Except that game meant something (ie postseason) to the Pats. Unfortunately, we are done. :(

This reporter from Russia will explain the snow removal procedure...

I'd assume the Packers would be the authority on snow removal from an NFL stadium (maybe the Bills, too). I remember seeing something like this before with local Green Bay folks coming in to shovel. Here are two clips...

Archived