Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blizzard of 2009: accumulation map up; schools/fed gov't closed Monday

Sticksboi05

The 11pm weather guys are all saying it depends on if it hugs the coast after it gets to NC or goes off the coast. Said they might not know for sure until Friday night into Sat. morning. 70% chance of about 8-12 inches 30% chance of a historic storm.

I think the NAM over does the QPF. That would give central VA/MD 25" of snow with a 10 to 1 ratio and baltimore and eastern MD over 30" inches of snow.

I agree. Plus, the ZZ Top just doesn't line up with the UFL at all. And there's something screwy with the Transmogrification Index, it's up to Q%. These clowns don't know what they're talking about.

:silly:

Alright guys. The jackpot looks to be Roanoke through DC area through Philly and depending on the track we could be looking at 6-10 or 12 +. A final update for the night after the 1 AM 0Z EURO.

Looks like it will be a 75 mile (about) wide swath from southwest to northeast that will be in the "sweet" spot. We're right in the middle of it and that has never changed since these models came togther. Many of these areas could receive around 15 to 20 inches with a couple of isolated locations getting a tad more.

Agenda for the weekend:

Have Friday (technically today) off work to do chores.

Saturday: Driving to Norfolk for a wedding.

Sunday: Supposed to be driving back to Woodbridge from wedding.

Monday: Supposed to be tailgating at Fedex field for 14 hours.

Tuesday: Recovery Day

Wednesday: Back to work

I haven't read through a lot of the posts, nor do I understand even half of what Punani is saying. In simple language...are my plans from Saturday - Monday ****ed, and if so, which ones?

*Note, unlike many of the useless motorists in this area, I can actually drive in snow...it's more a question of avoiding said idiots and stores/destinations/roads being open.

Whether the NAM or GFS solution happens, the DC metro area is going to get a big hit. The question is just how big and there is still no model agreement.

The NAM, SREF, JMA and GGEM say coastal bomb...GFS/EURO say mid atlantic major snowstorm. We are in the comfort zone as of now. We will get a big snow regardless.

Archived