Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fred Davis Dance...or Gang Sign?

superozman

Also - what really makes me mad is no commentator (Fox, Redskisn Radio, nor Oakland) realized what he did, and kept calling it excessive dancing. He didnt dance any more than D-Jax last night, but he got the flag for the gang sign, and no one on commentary knew the rule.

I'm sorry that not everyone knows what gang signs look like. I don't think most of us would recognize one compared to something like the "Northside" finger formation that is usually done as a joke.

I thought that he must have said something because it looked like a run of the mill td celebration to me. No props. No coordinated moves with another player. No vulgarity. It didn't take forever. No running up and down the field or mooning the fans.

I still don't really know what he did?

I thought that he must have said something because it looked like a run of the mill td celebration to me. No props. No coordinated moves with another player. No vulgarity. It didn't take forever. No running up and down the field or mooning the fans.

I still don't really know what he did?

When they interviewed Fred in the locker room he told them that the Refs said it was because he flicked off the Raiders crowd. I watched it again and didn't see that at all.

Dance, gang sign, whatever. I am so tired of the self-agrandizing athletes posing, dancing, and flexing whenever the camera is on them. Don't act so surprised and happy when you do something right. He should take a lesson from Rak, who basically goes back and gets ready for the next snap.

He's a second-year player who is getting his chance to shine. After a touchdown, there's a lot of time before the next snap, and Davis isn't in that formation.

Other athletes just strut when they haven't done crap. Rogers used to celebrate for being within ten yards of a receiver who dropped a ball. Landry flexes whenever the second hand is on an even number. I'll give you those.

Seems like you are right on that one.

The fact that people suggest that it was a "gang sign" is completely stupid.

NONE of you know Fred personally, so you should never make a judgement like that.

1. I was just asking...

2. Do you realize how often these things are thrown around as jokes and by people not understanding what they are???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKTDRqQtPO8

3. Plus, i coudln't see what he did, but just knew when the flag was thrown he was thrown up a motion with his had.

4. I still love my Malcomb Kelly gang sign

They need to issue a formal appology to both Davis and the Redskins because that was a costly penalty.

in what ways was it costly? it did not in any way change the outcome of the game or the score. we won by 21 points, so it didnt harm the redskins at all. :dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:helmet::logo::point2sky

When they interviewed Fred in the locker room he told them that the Refs said it was because he flicked off the Raiders crowd. I watched it again and didn't see that at all.

Ah, at least that's something that could potentially deserve a penalty. Thanks for the info.

Shame they got it wrong, but at least I can understand the explanation.

in what ways was it costly? it did not in any way change the outcome of the game or the score. we won by 21 points, so it didnt harm the redskins at all. :dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:helmet::logo::point2sky

Actually it was costly. That penalty ended up having us kick from the 15 and they got a good return because of it. Raiders started their drive on the 50 yard line. The nfl has been way too quick to call penalties, down balls, etc this season. They need to relax and let the game play out.

Commissioner Goodell tackles the gang sign issue

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2008/OLDFLAME.HTM

(At the end of the cartoon)

I don't think it was sign or flipping anyone off,, he kept going WAY down south with his fingers,, probably they flagged him for an assumed vulgar gesture.

~Bang

All we need now is the referees interpreting what may or may not be inappropriate. They got rid of the force out rule in football because they didn't want to make judgements on the field. What they should do is not allow celebrations that are obviously vulgar, but if there were celebrations that were determined inappropriate later then the NFL should fine and suspend or whatever. Trying to determine whether or not a celebration is a gang sign or not is way too much for some of these officials.

I don't generally complain about officiating, especially since we won the game, but if I were the Raiders I would complain loudly about the calls that they were receiving yesterday. Of course, they probably complain all the time so their complaints will fall on deaf ears.

It's the typical overreaction by a certain cross section of society that thinks certain football players are thugs thus hand gestures are gang signs.

Keep in mind that the only person around here who thinks it was a gang sign was the thread starter. Most everybody else agrees that theory is bull****.

Keep in mind that the only person around here who thinks it was a gang sign was the thread starter. Most everybody else agrees that theory is bull****.

Have you friggen READ ANY OF MY POSTS? I WAS ASKING A QUESTION. Someone clarified it, i said thank you, and moved on. I knew the gang sign thing was being cracked down on, i asked if it was. I didnt see it, but i saw a hand gesture and wasn't sure, saw a flag, discussed with my freinds and the only conclusion was it was a gang sign or somethng stupid because THAT DANCE DIDN"T WARRANT A FLAG.

Hahaha...i've never seen a simple question turn me into i'm a racist/certain cross section of society/idiot etc.

I'll stick to my gang signs thank you.geek_gang_signs.jpg

Archived