Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fred Davis Dance...or Gang Sign?

superozman

Why on earth would you even think it was anywhere near a gang sign?!? He was raised in Toledo, OH then went to school at USC. Where on earth would he get a gang affiliation from?

Well, you do realize USC is in south central LA, right? :)

Having said that, no, it was not a gang sign. Great game by Davis and our offense will be scary next season with he and Cooley playing in two-TE sets.

Why on earth would you even think it was anywhere near a gang sign?!? He was raised in Toledo, OH then went to school at USC. Where on earth would he get a gang affiliation from?

USC is situated in the worst neighborhoods in LA with huge gang populations.

The dance and hand gestures were not gang related. The guy was having fun and entertaining the crowd. I have definitely warmed up to Davis. I liked the dance. Maybe he should name it the Boozie Shuffle.

It was not a gang sign or the finger!! It was a dance he got from the rapper 50 cent's friend and fellow rapper Tony Yayo. He flashes his hand in his face while bopping his head from side to side. It means: "You can't see me" which is slang for "You can't compete with me" in the hip hop community. Tony Yayo does this dance in his rap videos and concerts... No penalty was needed, but I understand why the ref had no idea what he was doing (as most of you obviously don't either)... Lol!!

Thank you! We FINALLY HAVE A REAL ANSWER (and Bang). Instead of all of you people adding nothing to the thread.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nflsigns16-2008jul16,0,1332501.story

And to all those people who didn't crap to the thread - thanks!

On to more important things, WELCOME ROY HALLADAY!

He did the "rock-on" hand sign. Jesus Christ.

Actually Fizz, it was part of the dance:

It was not a gang sign or the finger!! It was a dance he got from the rapper 50 cent's friend and fellow rapper Tony Yayo. He flashes his hand in his face while bopping his head from side to side. It means: "You can't see me" which is slang for "You can't compete with me" in the hip hop community. Tony Yayo does this dance in his rap videos and concerts... No penalty was needed, but I understand why the ref had no idea what he was doing (as most of you obviously don't either)... Lol!!

Why not? No white people in gangs?

Hmmmm.

Actually, I think >50% of the posts here are having fun with the silly notion that anyone would think it was a gang sign.

I was just asking - because there should have been NO REASON there was a penalty, and it's true, there is no reason.

CRAP NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Getting Halladay means Lee is gone :(

You know what would have been effing hilarious? If the Refs all got together and talked right after the penalty and then came out and announced "There is no penalty on the play. The Redskins player was simply doing the Tony Yayo dance, letting the other players know that they cannot see him and that they shouldn't even front."

Wu Tang!!

I have no idea what is going on.

Wu Tang!!!

Actually, niether do I. My question turned into a laughable thread. At least it's not on Malcomb Kelly's level yet...

Although holding up your two hands together, palms towards your face, with your 8 fingers (thumbs tucked in your palm) slightly separated is the gang sign Malcomb Kelly should hold up after a TD, because it resembles a comb.

You know what would have been effing hilarious? If the Refs all got together and talked right after the penalty and then came out and announced "There is no penalty on the play. The Redskins player was simply doing the Tony Yayo dance, letting the other players know that they cannot see him and that they shouldn't even front."

I'm hearing that in the most accent-neutered corporate weatherman voice, and it is cracking me up, especially the last bit... Thanks!

Actually, niether do I. My question turned into a laughable thread. At least it's not on Malcomb Kelly's level yet...

Although holding up your two hands together, palms towards your face, with your 8 fingers (thumbs tucked in your palm) slightly separated is the gang sign Malcomb Kelly should hold up after a TD, because it resembles a comb.

He should do that one but with fingers pointed to the ground and the hands in front of his face directly below his nose, like a mustache. :silly:

:hysterical:

um, that wasn't a gang sign. He put up two fingers and waved as he danced. It was part of his goofy move.

(fwiw I was a a gang enforcement officer for years- and that was absolutely not a gang sign imo)

^^^^^Thank U.....it looked like he was saying you cant see me........been onthe streets for years...neer seen anything like that

He should do that one but with fingers pointed to the ground and the hands in front of his face directly below his nose, like a mustache. :silly:

Hahaha that would be hysterical, but look so stupid. It would be cool if he could use a comb as a prop – but then again, he would get a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty and then some MORON would post that the comb is a gang sign and turn it into the fact that he’s an IDIOT from PHILLY and doesn’t know gang signs.

Hahahahaha.

:hysterical:

Archived