Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fred Davis Dance...or Gang Sign?

superozman

So, does anyone else think that the 15 yard penalty was NOT for the dance, but for the gang sign?

The reasons i think, are because the dance was not excessive, did not include others, did not use a prop, and did not taunt the other team. But right at the end, he throws up his hand, with fingers in a formation of some sort. Right away i shook my head and was like "hes getting fined", but i looked up the fine to see what it was.

I can't find a solid number on Gang Sign fines for the NFL, but i did find that it will be reviewed, AFTER THE GAME BY THE NFL. There is no mention of a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty. I would suspect a fine for Davis. Did anyone else catch this? The flag came out right after he did it.

Also - what really makes me mad is no commentator (Fox, Redskisn Radio, nor Oakland) realized what he did, and kept calling it excessive dancing. He didnt dance any more than D-Jax last night, but he got the flag for the gang sign, and no one on commentary knew the rule.

So, does anyone else think that the 15 yard penalty was NOT for the dance, but for the gang sign?

The reasons i think, are because the dance was not excessive, did not include others, did not use a prop, and did not taunt the other team. But right at the end, he throws up his hand, with fingers in a formation of some sort. Right away i shook my head and was like "hes getting fined", but i looked up the fine to see what it was.

I can't find a solid number on Gang Sign fines for the NFL, but i did find that it will be reviewed, AFTER THE GAME BY THE NFL. There is no mention of a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty. I would suspect a fine for Davis. Did anyone else catch this? The flag came out right after he did it.

Also - what really makes me mad is no commentator (Fox, Redskisn Radio, nor Oakland) realized what he did, and kept calling it excessive dancing. He didnt dance any more than D-Jax last night, but he got the flag for the gang sign, and no one on commentary knew the rule.

Proof?

Gang sign? :hysterical:

I believe the ref thought he flipped off the crowd. That's all.

He looked like a moron doing that dance, btw. If you're gonna celebrate, celebrate with your team mates, chest bump, whatever. Or be creative and entertaining like Ochochinco.

I have no idea where that penalty came from and its not against the rules to throw up gang signs. I doubt an NFL official even knows what a gang sign looks like. I think he did a rock'n roll devil horns thing.

Someone in the NY/PHI game thread said he flicked off the crowd, but it wasn't shown on TV.

um, that wasn't a gang sign. He put up two fingers and waved as he danced. It was part of his goofy move.

(fwiw I was a a gang enforcement officer for years- and that was absolutely not a gang sign imo)

4183670174_64ba162d44.jpg

looks more like an "i love you" sign

Yo Ease let's do this...

I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking

King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Living life like a firecracker quick is my fuse

Then dead as a deathpack the colors I choose

Red or Blue, Cuz or Blood, it just don't matter

Sucker die for your life when my shotgun scatters

We gangs of L.A. will never die - just multiply

You see they hit us then we hit them

Then we hit them and they hit us, man

It's like a war, ya know what I'm sayin'

People dont even understand

They don't even know what they dealing with

You wanna get rid of the gangs it's gonna take a lotta work

But people don't understand the size of this

This is no joke man, this is real

I'm not saying it was a gang sign. Just like what Bang posted, I knew the NFL was cracking down on it, and i thought it was ridic becuase you can't decipher a gang sign because in different areas there can be different meanings.

But the commentators kept going off on the dance, when the people watching the game with me, along with myself, knew it wasn't for the dance but for the gesture.

Thanks for letting me know what the penalty was for...but we all thought we missed an addition to the gang sign rule.

He made some odd finger gesture in front of his face and apparently that's what drew the flag.

I would rate the dance itself a 3.5 on a scale of 10. Excessive hip action and no jazz hands hurt the routine. However, his second TD celebration, where he simply spiked the ball and stared menacingly at the stands, was faaaaabulous.

You don't know me, fool

You disown me, cool

I don't need your assistance, social persistance

Any problem I got I just put my fist in

My life is violent but violent is life

Peace is a dream, reality is a knife

My colors, my honour, my colors, my all

With my colors upon me one soldier stands tall

Tell me what have you left me, what have I got

Last night in cold blood my young brother got shot

My home got jacked

My mother's on crack

My sister can't work cause her arms show trax

Madness insanity live in profanity

Then some punk claimin' they understandin' me

Give me a break, what world do you live in

Death is my sect, guess my religion

I'm not saying it was a gang sign. Just like what Bang posted, I knew the NFL was cracking down on it, and i thought it was ridic becuase you can't decipher a gang sign because in different areas there can be different meanings.

Thanks for letting me know what the penalty was for...but we all thought we missed an addition to the gang sign rule.

You're not wrong. Its not a penalty to throw up a gang sign because, like you say, an official would have to be able to recognize one.

The NFL looks at the game tapes and sends teams warnings and/or fines.

They need to issue a formal appology to both Davis and the Redskins because that was a costly penalty.

well, they made up for it on their BS call they gave us when Randel El was immediately tackled on the one punt return he didn't fair catch this month.

They called interference, and it was a clean good play.

~Bang

How would Larry Michael know what a gang sign looks like in the first place? He's not Vic Mackey from the Shield, so I HIGHLY doubt he has a clue as to what he's talking about when discussing what an actual gang sign is....dude was just clowning around after he scored, and got flagged because the refs thought he flipped the bird. Nothing more, nothing less. We're making a mountain out of a molehill with this one.

um, that wasn't a gang sign. He put up two fingers and waved as he danced. It was part of his goofy move.

(fwiw I was a a gang enforcement officer for years- and that was absolutely not a gang sign imo)

4183670174_64ba162d44.jpg

looks more like an "i love you" sign

Is there a lot of gang activity in idaho??

Is there a lot of gang activity in idaho??

lol, don't ya know Idaho is where all the retired cops go...:)

(I was not an officer in Idaho, and yes-where i was a cop there is lots of gang activity. Our city was dubbed "lil east LA")

Archived