Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sack Leaders (re Orakpo #4 & Carter #5) going into Sunday Night (Merged x2, MET)

Farbod21

if Rack had his hands in the dirt all season rather then playing LB, he might be leading the NFL in sacks.

Or he could be swallowed by OT's on running downs, wear down over the course of the game, and not make as many plays rushing the passer... like last week for example. I think the way the coaching staff is using him is yielding good results.

orakpo DEFINITELY D Rookie player of the year.. Hed and Carter may get a sub nod on the probowl roster

Brian Cushing 112 tackles 2.5 sacks 1 safety 12 pd 3 int 2 ff

Clay Matthews 40 tackles 8 sacks 1 ff

Jairus Byrd 45 tackles 9 int 20 pd

These are just the 3 that pops into my head when thinking DROTY.

I would say it will be a race between Cushing, Orakpo, and Byrd.

Orakpo may get it if he breaks the 14.5 Rookie Sack Record, otherwise I dont see it happening

They are the number one tandem in the league now! They are a sack ahead of Freeney/Mathis. And Haynesworth wasn't even playing. Give credit to the offense for building a lead and letting those guys get after them. Think about what Carter and Orakpo could do if Haynesworth gets back out there and our offense goes up multiple scores in the next few games. Orakpo's got a shot at the rookie sack record!

After today's ridiculousness, it would be a travesty if Carter didn't get to the pro-bowl and Orakpo didn't receive serious consideration for DROY. Man that was an exciting game.

Although both had a great game today without him, this is really all thanks to Haynesworth. He's had such a huge impact on their game, and their early success that stemmed from his attention is now turning into confidence and swagger, which keeps them playing premiere without him.

While I'd love for Orakpo to get 4 sacks the last 3 games, the chances of that happening are pretty low. The next three games are against teams that have surrendered 6th (NYG), 7th (SD), and 14th (DAL) fewest sacks in the league. If Orakpo got 15 sacks, that'd be great, but him merely getting 11 at this point is still phenomenal. When's the last time a rookie DE got this many sacks? Peppers?

Archived