Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sack Leaders (re Orakpo #4 & Carter #5) going into Sunday Night (Merged x2, MET)

Farbod21

While I'd love for Orakpo to get 4 sacks the last 3 games, the chances of that happening are pretty low. The next three games are against teams that have surrendered 6th (NYG), 7th (SD), and 14th (DAL) fewest sacks in the league. If Orakpo got 15 sacks, that'd be great, but him merely getting 11 at this point is still phenomenal. When's the last time a rookie DE got this many sacks? Peppers?

Mark Anderson got 12 sacks in 2006 and then fell off pretty hard. 7.5 sacks combined since then.

Mark Anderson got 12 sacks in 2006 and then fell off pretty hard. 7.5 sacks combined since then.

As a team they fell off pretty bad also. I believe Tommie Harris their former stud DT had been swallowing up linemen during that time, and his play declined as well.

Orakpo should be able to keep his production with Haynesworth eating blocks for him.

Both have 11 sacks...it has them listed as #4 & #5 but technically shouldn't they be tied for #4?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

Either way, that's one thing we've definitely improved in this year. And we got a lot of these without Big Al. Imagine the slaughter if he was in there today. It's also refreshing to have some youth in there w/ Orakpo and Jarmon (although it sucks he was injured).

An Orakpo jersey is definitely in my future. :D

If Jarius Byrd wasn't having such a monster year, Orakpo would almost be a lock for DROY. I know Cushing is having a great year too, but it's hard to argue with 11+ sacks from a rookie.

EDIT: The record is 14.5 sacks for a rookie...against the Giants, Cowboys, and Chargers it's going to be hard to get that, but it's a possibility.

Archived