Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best "Supergroup" ever ?

Mickalino

Grohl said that Jones would play stuff during rehearsals and he would be like, I can't do that or keep up with that **** on drums. Considering Grohl's a decent drummer...

I don't think he posted it on youtube, but was it you I was telling about my friends going back stage to see them? My friend was on a few of the Queens songs on their album, so he got back stage passes.

They were hanging in the back and in the dressing room, there was a ****ty old piano and Jones was just rocking the thing to death. It was an awesome video he took. They got to watch the whole show on the side of the stage with nobody around.

I don't think he posted it on youtube, but was it you I was telling about my friends going back stage to see them? My friend was on a few of the Queens songs on their album, so he got back stage passes.

They were hanging in the back and in the dressing room, there was a ****ty old piano and Jones was just rocking the thing to death. It was an awesome video he took. They got to watch the whole show on the side of the stage with nobody around.

Nice - hoping to catch them if they come out this way.

Well there's the Finnish Metal supergroup called Guitar Heroes that got together to put an album together. 11 Finnish Metal Guitarists

Timo Tolkki, Stratovarius

Alexi Laiho, Children of Bodom

Roope Latvala, Children of Bodom

Emppu Vuorinen, Nightwish

Esa Holopainen, Amorphis

Nino Laurenne, Thunderstone

Mr Crab, Bleak

Mikko Salovaara, Kiuas

Tuomo Louhio, Impaled Nazarene

Sakari Hietala, Tarot

Euge Valovirta, Godsplague

And then there's Tobias Sammet's Avantasia, which has had different members throughout the years/albums. They even nabbed

Vocalists:

Tobias Sammet (Edguy)

Michael Kiske (Helloween)

David DeFeis (Virgin Steele)

Ralf Zdiarstek

Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation)

Rob Rock (Impellitteri)

Oliver Hartmann (At Vance)

Andre Matos (Shaman, Angra, Viper)

Kai Hansen (Gamma Ray, Helloween)

Timo Tolkki (Stratovarius)

Bob Catley (Magnum)

Jørn Lande (Masterplan, ARK)

Amanda Somerville (Aina)

Roy Khan (Kamelot)

Alice Cooper

Eric Singer (KISS, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper)

Musicians:

Tobias Sammet (Edguy)

Henjo Richter (Gamma Ray)

Markus Grosskopf (Helloween)

Alex Holzwarth (Rhapsody of Fire, Angra)

Jens Ludwig (Edguy)

Norman Meiritz

Frank Tischer

Timo Tolkki (Stratovarius)

Sascha Paeth (Aina, Heaven's Gate, Kamelot)

Eric Singer (KISS, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper)

Michael "Miro" Rodenberg (Aina, Kamelot)

Kai Hansen (Gamma Ray, Helloween)

Rudolph Schenker (Scorpions)

Blind Faith

CSN&Y

my favorite was Al Kooper, Mike Bloomfield and stephen Stills one album called Super Sessions

Armageddon-drummer Bobby Caldwell (Captain Beyond),vocals, Keith Relf (Yardbirds &co-founder of Renaissance), guitarist Martin Pugh (from Steamhammer), and bassist Louis Cennamo (Renaissance and Steamhammer)

The Traveling Wilburys

I'd go with this one as well. How can you top George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynne, and Tom Petty?

I think honorable mention should be given to The Yardbirds, kind of a reverse award, for spawning so many great bands. I mean come on, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page? That's ridiculous.

I wonder how "Working Man" would have sounded with Peart on drums.

Has anyone seen Rush play it live with Peart ?

Yep, he tries to mimic Rutsey with a few more fills here and there. Methodical rolls around the tom toms are sometimes a detriment when it comes to playing for a song. Peart is a phenom, but the first Rush album wasn't made for a phenomenal drummer. Just a guy that could lay down some bad ass blues numbers.

I Youtubed it, and found a really old version from 1974 and compared it to a 2002 live version, and the 1974 version was very Peartish, whereas in 2002 he played much more conservative, like Rutsey did.....perhaps because of Peart's age ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH1sAbaAyO4

The three best ones I have seen here so far:

The Firm

The Highwaymen

The Travelling Wilburys.

The Travelling Wilburys were getting ready to go out on tour even after Roy Orbison died...they were going to have Del Shannon replace him but after he died they scrapped the plans.

I completely forgotten about HSAS...Neil Schoen is a seriously under-rated guitarist.

I know this band only really fits a narrow spectrum of music listeners, but Bloodbath are damn good. Quite a few big metal names in BB:

Mikael Åkerfeldt (Opeth)

Anders Nyström (Katatonia)

Per Eriksson (21 Lucifers)

Jonas Renkse (Katatonia)

Martin "Axe" Axenrot (Witchery)

Former members;

Dan Swano (he's in/was in so many bands I cannot even name them all)

Peter Tägtgren (Hypocrisy)

Archived