Extremeskins

Best "Supergroup" ever ?

Mickalino

Most supergroups have been flops.

Have there been any, that you liked ?

A few from the 80's I liked :

The Firm : included Paul Rodgers and Jimmy Page

HSAS : included Sammy Hagar and Neil Schon

(the band's acronym stands for Hagar Schon Aaronson Shrieve)

GTR : included Steve Howe and Steve Hackett

The Million Dollar Quartet. Cash, Elvis, Perkins and Orbison.

I had no idea those guys formed a group. How long did it last ? Was it just a few performances ? Maybe we should define "supergroup" with a minimum amount of time staying together, so we exclude those that did it just for the fun, or for the media hype.

I had no idea those guys formed a group. How long did it last ? Was it just a few performances ? Maybe we should define "supergroup" with a minimum amount of time staying together, so we exclude those that did it just for the fun, or for the media hype.

I liked Temple of the Dog's first album. Mixed members of Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/?vid=492031EC18538E41BA4F492031EC18538E41BA4F&FORM=VIRE4

They did it just for fun. More joking around, than performing.

Rutsey was actually a sick blues drummer. Peart is just so versatile that it puts the spotlight on Rutsey being a one trick pony. However, he was definitely stout at that one trick.

I wonder how "Working Man" would have sounded with Peart on drums.

Has anyone seen Rush play it live with Peart ?

I wonder how "Working Man" would have sounded with Peart on drums.

Has anyone seen Rush play it live with Peart ?

Yep, he tries to mimic Rutsey with a few more fills here and there. Methodical rolls around the tom toms are sometimes a detriment when it comes to playing for a song. Peart is a phenom, but the first Rush album wasn't made for a phenomenal drummer. Just a guy that could lay down some bad ass blues numbers.

Archived