Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please stop with the notion that the loss yesterday was devastating!!

jbooma

Today and yesterday caller after caller on the local sport radio shows people were all saying the loss yesterday was "devastating". Lets be all remember something we were a 3-8 team before the game even started. Not sure if a team with a 3-8 record could ever have a devastating loss, if you are that bad how is anything devastating :)

Like everyone else here I wish we could have won the past three games but right now we are just not a good team and there needs to be a lot of changes in the offseason.

So lets all promise to not say "devastating loss" the rest of the year no matter what happens in a game.

Personally, I think the positives of this game greatly outweigh the negatives.

We weren't going anywhere if we actually won and we gave an 11-0 team a run for their money. I can't really complain about that.

There is a litany of other things that I can complain about though.... :)

I'm all for a higher draft pick, but I also all for fairness in the universe. I feel like that was our game yesterday and a way to put ONE positive into this season.

Instead, we screwed ourselves, we GOT screwed, and Suisham probably forever altered history.

Now we'll probably have to hear 2 weeks of 18-0 vs. 18-0 crap in January, and if the Saints go on to win the Super Bowl undefeated, we're all going to remember this game forever.

It wasn't as devastating as it would have been if we were in the playoff hunt. But to lose an opportunity for a signature home win that you can hang your hat on and hopefully build on for next season, especially when you're beating the team for 58+ minutes? That's pretty hard to take.

And as for not using the word devastating the rest of the year, if they lose that same way to the Cowboys, at home, I have a hard time believing any true Redskins fan wouldn't describe that as devastating. Had that been the Cowboys yesterday, I'd be catatonic.

Personally, I think the positives of this game greatly outweigh the negatives.

We weren't going anywhere if we actually won and we gave an 11-0 team a run for their money. I can't really complain about that.

There is a litany of other things that I can complain about though.... :)

Agree totally. The last 3 weeks have been kind of perfect. We're showing development and even character while not costing ourselves draft position with meaningless wins.

I'm sorry but when you are 3-8 but still play well enough to potentially go up 10 and win against an undefeated NO team but instead you lose in overtime? That sounds devastating to me.

who cares??? If we were to go 8-2 in the first 10 games next year it isn't like we will remeber the Saints :silly:

a devastating loss is the body bag game, or losing by the blocked fg in the playoffs vs tampa 7-8 years ago

It's devestating that this is third week in a row we lost a game that we were leading in the fourth quarter. It's devestating that Landry is still overpursuing and biting on routes because of his over aggressiveness. It was devastating watching Zorn and the offense just stand around like they wanted that last fumble to get challenged, no urgency to spike the ball or anything.

It's devestating that we ended that game with a bomb, an int, and a fumble; but what's most devestating to me is that we wouldn't even be having this conversation save for one stupid missed chip shot FG. That game was in the books if we made that, and we've seen this over and over again for years. A broken record, all throughout our history (all DC sports, hell bunch 'em all together, too) And for some younger fans, like me, this is pretty much all I've seen. Hell ya this was f'n devastating.

I haven't gotten props from one soul save maybe two people. The rest are clowning my team and me while I walk around in my Sean Taylor jersey. It hurts like hell, like God, why do you torcher us so? I don't even pray during Redskins games anymore because it would just lead me to question my own fate when I beg for something and get the exact opposite.

So, um, ya...JC and Zorn probably don't deserve as much crap as they're getting right now, but they lost. Again. Even if they are playing and coaching to the best of their ability, the standard in DC is high enough that this is simply not good enough. I wish someone would just come and take over this team and say, "this is what we need to do" so that I don't go crazy and just kill myself with my redskin's hoodie.

Goddammit, man. Jesus Christ. Oy Vey! Banayiha!!! :cuss:

When you're consistently a mediocre team year after year, expectations are low and losses are never really that devastating. The losses are expected which is the saddest part for me. My wife and my close friend both said, "They'll find a way to lose." When two of the most diehard optimistic fans that I know say that, you know the team sucks and expectations are low. I said last year that everyone had unrealistic expectations and that this team wasn't, and still isn't, that good. Devastating? More like predictable. I'm devastated by the fact that I truly believe this franchise will never be any good under Dan Snyder. I hope I'm wrong, but he's tried everything and failed when it comes to owning a football team. A decade of failure is devastating. That's for sure :laugh:

I'm all for a higher draft pick, but I also all for fairness in the universe. I feel like that was our game yesterday and a way to put ONE positive into this season.

Instead, we screwed ourselves, we GOT screwed, and Suisham probably forever altered history.

Now we'll probably have to hear 2 weeks of 18-0 vs. 18-0 crap in January, and if the Saints go on to win the Super Bowl undefeated, we're all going to remember this game forever.

Who cares, Brees and Payton are class acts and if they do go undefeated and win the Super Bowl they deserve it. I would much rather Brees or P. Manning pull this off than Brady, Billichick and the Pats.

I'm honestly tired of hearing about the ****ing Dolphins perfect season and wouldn't mind seeing someone deserving pull it off so those ****ing old crows will shut the **** up with their toast and junk.

I'd rather get screwed or blow a game like this week 12 than blow it in the Super Bowl like we did against Miami in their perfect season. The Saints have had some close ones and come from behind victories already this season.

Who cares, Brees and Payton are class acts and if they do go undefeated and win the Super Bowl they deserve it. I would much rather Brees or P. Manning pull this off than Brady, Billichick and the Pats.

I'm honestly tired of hearing about the ****ing Dolphins perfect season and wouldn't mind seeing someone deserving pull it off so those ****ing old crows will shut the **** up with their toast and junk.

I'd rather get screwed or blow a game like this week 12 than blow it in the Super Bowl like we did against Miami in their perfect season. The Saints have had some close ones and come from behind victories already this season.

Hmm.....I'd rather BE in the Super Bowl than be a crappy regular season team...

I'm sorry but when you are 3-8 but still play well enough to potentially go up 10 and win against an undefeated NO team but instead you lose in overtime? That sounds devastating to me.

Agreed.

It truly is a shame that starting from coach Zorn to the players the magnitude of this loss is lost.

The Skins had an opportunity to do something positive for themselves and more importantly for their loyal fans. Rather that will their way to a win, they became complacent and embraced a loss ... and, that to on home turf! :mad:

The NFL is a professional league ... and, there is a clear distinction between winners and losers. Unfortunately, our team is tagged as a loser, by most.

:mad:

Agreed.

What is ever is more devasting is the complacent attitude and play by the Skins. They had an opportunity to make their fans proud. The win would have done wonders for their psyche as a team, and for their fans as well.

Good teams and determined players don't lose a game especially when you have a 10 points lead in the 4th quarter with less than 3 minutes to go.

Archived