Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moral Victory, literally

adamyesme1111

I am happy with this, I have never ever been happy with a loss before ever. We are going to get a higher draft pick, and we all know that we COULD have won if the Redskins' really wanted to and we didn't get ripped off by the refs.

I know there are no excuses blahblahblah, but I also believe that when we were in position to win the game with just more then an extra point...the whole team realized we pretty much won the game, and stopped caring. After they realized they COULD win, they realized there was no point to ACTUALLY win, but that's just me.

Not to mention we got cheated out of two really bad calls...This is the best possible way I could see us lose, in a game we could have easily won...and in a game where two blatantly bad calls went against us...

It isn't as much of a longshot as you guys think, we showed we could have won...and that is on top of us getting ripped off...

I have never been happy with a loss before...but this seemed to work out for the best...

In response to your point about the ref calls...

I don't think either call was that bad in isolation. I can see the refs not having conclusive evidence on the Moore play, and I can see the refs thinking the ball was coming out before Sellers' left elbow was down.

What bugs me is a lack of consistency. If the Moore play was too close to call, how the heck is the Sellers play conclusive? The conclusive evidence thread is right on.

You say moral victory, I say major let down.

Nothing is gained from this, We want Cerrato out remember?? A win could = him staying.

Also remember losing to SF last year allowed us to get Orakpo at 13th vs being 17th. So losing this one game that is MEANINGLESS could end up in a better pick, that would could trade for more picks etc.

"Moral Victories" are what losers call a loss. Did we win the game? No? Then we LOST! There is no victory, moral or otherwise. Saying "Well, we lost, but we sure played great even though we're losers!" just makes it even worse.

It's every bit as bad as the old "Our guys really played their guts out there today." It SUCKS! Now please stop.

Nothing is gained from this, We want Cerrato out remember?? A win could = him staying.

Also remember losing to SF last year allowed us to get Orakpo at 13th vs being 17th. So losing this one game that is MEANINGLESS could end up in a better pick, that would could trade for more picks etc.

No I want to win the ****ing game. If we were 11-0 people would be saying "Oh golly gee I'm so glad we have Vinny". Winning is what matters. And if we are concerned about draft position, then why not just forfeit the rest of the games?

The game was certainly exciting wasn't it. I was pleased as well. Not so much with the end result, but then again.. higher draft pick, and we were not going to the playoffs anyway. Would have been nice to be a spoiler but you know, stuff happens. At least we didn't go 52-7.

For the OP - I know what you are trying to say and while I am still mad, it is hard to deny that there were some positive things today. The saints never led in regulation and our 3-9 team took it to that 12-0 team. If our team was 12-0 and trailed to a 3-9 team for the entire game, we would be even madder than what we're seeing now. So yeah, there are some positives.

I like seeing the younger players who are rapidly improving. With a good free agency, a good draft, and casting off some dead weight, this team can have some significant improvements on the horizon.

I am happy with this, I have never ever been happy with a loss before ever. We are going to get a higher draft pick, and we all know that we COULD have won if the Redskins' really wanted to and we didn't get ripped off by the refs.

There are no moral victories.....never never never. 99% of this team needs to be 86'ed and it starts with Vinny. I hope to God Danny has learned after this season and hands the keys to a qualified coach and tells them to run with it.

Anyway....it's been awhile since I've logged on, I hope everyone is doing well. Nice to be back. :cheers:

For the OP - I know what you are trying to say and while I am still mad, it is hard to deny that there were some positive things today. The saints never led in regulation and our 3-9 team took it to that 12-0 team. If our team was 12-0 and trailed to a 3-9 team for the entire game, we would be even madder than what we're seeing now. So yeah, there are some positives.

I like seeing the younger players who are rapidly improving. With a good free agency, a good draft, and casting off some dead weight, this team can have some significant improvements on the horizon.

Thanks , I probably worded what I was trying to say WAY wrong...

This is basically all I was saying, we lost...I realize that, but if we were playing for somthing...there is no doubt in my mind we would have won.

I was impressed with this whole team besides Landry...and with a higher draft pick I really do think that this team showed me that it is alot closer to being a good team then I thought

A+ for effort, but this is the 3rd week in the row we've been leading in the fourth quarter and lost. A lot of players earned mucho respecto today, like Devin Thomas, but we still lost. All that effort, all that money spent, all the improving, and we still lost.

This is unexceptable. JC may be safe because the early draft picks need to get spent on o-line, but Zorn is hanging on a fence with water rot. Eventually, but not yet, we need to replace JC, too. The oline is playing great and giving him the time, but he still isn't winning games. It's one thing when he was getting punched around all day with inept playcalling. That's not the case now. He didn't get sacked at all today.

Coaching has been a problem, too. In specific, I'm looking at Landry still being overaggressive and it costing us over and over and over again. This is getting old.

Archived