Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

That was painful, but...

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Campbell once again had a chance to lead the Redskins to a game winning drive. Once again he couldn't do that.

So the Sellars fumble(it wasn't a fumble,the refs blew the play dead) was his fault?

I'm not a Campbell fan but you can't blame him for anything today.

Go ask that bag of hammers Landry if he knows what a double move looks like.

I voted no as well, why couldn't he do this earlier with this team, I thought it was the oline, the WR's or everyone else under the sun, this is the type of game we fans expect from JC on a consistent basis. I don't mean 300 yard games every game, just playing at a high competitve level, not when the season is in the ****ter and there is no pressure to perform, then he steps up...just like Suisham, kick easy FG's, but when there is pressure melts...sorry, he has to go

He couldnt do it earlier b/c Zorn was calling the plays and the O in no way shape or form resembled the one we are running right now...

Unfortunately for Jason, in the end, the result was the same.. He's either the most unlucky QB in history, or he chokes real bad at the most unopportune time.. Either way, he's gotta go.. I dont think you can "learn" how to win games when given the chance.. Zorn cant do anything right as HC.. IMO, his best move would of been to run on the field and punch one of the refs after that etrocious job of officiating.. (not sure how a nfl referee cant see a forearm on the ground before the ball is loose, or just ignore it and overturn what was already called in favor of a home team, in their house, on there end of the field?) Whoever missed that should be fired from the league.. But back to Zorn, he's gone and I'd also punch the kicker in the mouth before I left as well.. Shuisham has cost us numberous wins in his time here.. He's another Redskin "star".. He's golden when it dont matter, but put some pressure on him and he's worthless.. (Same as our secondary in the last 2 minutes of a game) Rant over.. :(

So the Sellars fumble(it wasn't a fumble,the refs blew the play dead) was his fault?

I'm not a Campbell fan but you can't blame him for anything today.

Go ask that bag of hammers Landry if he knows what a double move looks like.

I'm not talking about that drive. I'm talking about the one late in the 4th quarter when he was picked off. All he needed to do was get them into field goal range. Not that that matters much anyway because the kicker is just as bad.

The INT was all Campbell's fault. You can't blame the O-line for anything today.

Yes, the INT was bad...just as bad as Brees throwing into double coverage on the Moore pick.

But he did get us in range for the fg that Swishy blew and the fact that Zorn went ultra conservative before hand,after JC drove us down there, didn't help matters any.

Believe me, I'm no Campbell fan,but he didn't cost us THIS game.

??? Why? Please refute because I thought I made a valid statement.

First, skin color? Really? Second, I don't think anybody wanted him for anything more than a OC job. When he was at Green Bay, Mike Holmgren called all the plays. At Minnesota, they lost a game 41-0. And Detroit also sucked back when he was there. Third, why would we give the OC job to Zorn when he didn't do a good job at play-calling? Only use him for game prep? He might take that role...I doubt any other NFL team would ask him to be OC.

Keep JC since you can do better through FA, and you we need to use the draft to save our o-line. Fix O-line first, then talk about really replacing Campbell.

Zorn is a different story. He has his players playing hard, but they would do that anyway. Good character. But that Sellers fumble, do something man. No one said anything to hurry up or anything. Lot of other reasons, but we can do better.

Some QBs are clutch...Peyton Manning is clutch...Jason Campbell is NOT clutch.

Exactly. The blind JC lovers can bash everyone they want like little kids on the internets, however it basically comes down to one thing.

This guy and Zorn as well are basically not winners, they are losers. I'm pretty sure no one can refute that statement.

I could care less about who JC is or whatever makes people support him. The bottom line is he blows and I am wasting/losing money currently supporting this team. A simple business decision says cut your losses and move on. Have the past few years taught us nothing?

First, skin color? Really? Second, I don't think anybody wanted him for anything more than a OC job. When he was at Green Bay, Mike Holmgren called all the plays. At Minnesota, they lost a game 41-0. And Detroit also sucked back when he was there. Third, why would we give the OC job to Zorn when he didn't do a good job at play-calling? Only use him for game prep? He might take that role...I doubt any other NFL team would ask him to be OC.

As for skin color, they are just rumors that he is one of the prime examples of a head coach candidate passed over due to race, before the Rooney Rule was made in 2003.

As for the OC job to Zorn... That is Sherman Lewis' call. Jim Zorn claims to be part of putting together the offensive packages and gameplan, so if he really is contributing to our sudden offensive surge, then there is a chance that yes, he might be beneficial to the team in terms of production and continuity. Of course, if Jim Zorn is just bull****ting everyone, then Sherman Lewis should know better and fire him.

You have to admit that our offensive output has looked much better in recent weeks. At the very least, it's average instead of below average as it was before. Now imagine if we can shore up the offensive line, is it really that wild to speculate that our offense might actually look pretty good next year?

Yes, lets compare Jason Campbell to the best QB of this decade.

That's realistic.

Yea lets settle for mediocrity. Why is everyone here ok with being only 8-8? Find a franchise qb and become a winner or face eternal mediocrity.

Every qb should be compared to Manning and Brees because they are playing the SAME POSITION.

This is team and this fanbase need to demand more of their players, because currently being an "ok guy" gives you a free pass. Well not in my book. Demand success and you will either get it, or you will find it.

But he did get us in range for the fg that Swishy blew and the fact that Zorn went ultra conservative before hand,after JC drove us down there, didn't help matters any.

The running plays were the smart move to run down the clock and use up the Saints timeouts. Suisham had a chip shot 23-yard FG attempt that should have iced the game with 1:52 left in the game; unless they're lucky enough to be in the 10% that get an onside kick. Maybe they could have mixed it up with something like a bootleg or a reverse, but keeping the clock running was the smart move.

Yea lets settle for mediocrity. Why is everyone here ok with being only 8-8? Find a franchise qb and become a winner or face eternal mediocrity.

Every qb should be compared to Manning and Brees because they are playing the SAME POSITION.

This is team and this fanbase need to demand more of their players, because currently being an "ok guy" gives you a free pass. Well not in my book. Demand success and you will either get it, or you will find it.

What's funnier is that it's these Campbell apologists who originally always brought up the comparisons first... They try to compare him to Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning (Look at their first year! Nevermind they started as rookies.), Matt Hasselbeck and Donovan McNabb and Drew Brees (It took them time! Nevermind it took them much less time.), and most recently to Tom Brady just this past Monday...

And now they want to cry about comparing Jason Campbell to other quarterbacks. Bunch of losers.

Archived