Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

That was painful, but...

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

You have to admit that our offensive output has looked much better in recent weeks. At the very least, it's average instead of below average as it was before. Now imagine if we can shore up the offensive line, is it really that wild to speculate that our offense might actually look pretty good next year?

I'm not one of those that think the O-line is in direr straights. Mike Williams looks good as an OG. Maybe look for a couple of mid-round tackles and we should be set. To my understanding, the key to a good O-line is working together for a long time.

I can't believe that I am saying this, but I voted for both. Maybe we are finally hitting on something with campbell. I am worried that if Zorn goes, maybe Jason regresses. At this point we have to keep them both and draft a qb in round 1 or 2. (i.e. Chargers getting Rivers when they already had Brees) If JC doesn't take it to the next step next year we move on with what we have.

I can't believe that I am saying this, but I voted for both. Maybe we are finally hitting on something with campbell. I am worried that if Zorn goes, maybe Jason regresses. At this point we have to keep them both and draft a qb in round 1 or 2. (i.e. Chargers getting Rivers when they already had Brees) If JC doesn't take it to the next step next year we move on with what we have.

This might be the best option...I just want to have gaurantees that Sherm Lewis will be brought on as a full time coach

If we can average 24 pts a game for the rest of the season I think it's best to bring back both. We haven't done that here for awhile and if we keep progressing every game the way we are now it only makes sense to keep both instead of installing a new system yet again so we can regress andaverage 10 points again next season.

First, Zorn has been the benefit of some plain bad luck. And, he has kept this team together and playing hard every week. He gets credit for that.

But, you have to win in this league. Under the right circumstances I think he can win as a HC, just not a play caller.

Reference JC, he has to come back. No QB in FA and really no great QB's coming out of college that can start right away or even make an impact. I am not saying don't draft a future QB, but JC needs to come back by default.

Lastly, I am getting tired of people hammering JC for the wrong problems.

JC has character, leadership, toughness and can manage the offense.

Though the last couple of weeks he has gotten better, he still cannot read NFL defenses as well as a number of NFL QB's. He also does not have that IT factor that makes some great to pull games out on the final drives.

I thought he played great today. The INT was partially his fault. He was about to get sacked because of a bad Oline and couldn't even plant his feet.

no...

to put it in perspective...

imagine if we had been starting tryon, westbrook, and barnes at CB today

thats pretty much what the Saints were doing....

even if they improve sometimes people that shouldnt lose do because they have become, well, losers...and that is what has happened to this team...the whole 4th quarter you could see them waiting for the other foot to drop...and sure enough it did...and when it did the look on their faces said "well, here we go again..."

JC 30/42 367 yds (career high) 3 tds 1int?

455 yards of total offense?

Is this thing working enough for you to bring JC and Zorn back next year?

Saints were without three CB's, and yes Jason played well but in crunch time he makes HORRIBLE, DREADFUL decisions with the ball not to mention misses open receivers.

As for Zorn/Lewis, I'd consider bringing back Lewis in some capacity but Zorn needs to go, period. Conservative philosophy THREE straight games with records of 3-6, 3-7, and entering today 3-8. He's been playing not to lose rather than playing to WIN. Inexcusable.

Ladies and gents, we may have found us a starting O-Line today!! Mike and Levi played great!! This was by far the least amount of pressure put on JC, and I felt ALOT of that is credited to the play of those two. The good O-Line played = Good JC play, weird how that works. JC had time for once, and he made completions.

Lastly, I am getting tired of people hammering JC for the wrong problems.

JC has character, leadership, toughness and can manage the offense.

I'll give ya that he's tough, but are you seriously gonna say he's a "leader"?? He looks lost 90% of the games he's played in! And managing an offense is a stretch as well, seeing as how we have the worst offense in the league.. He had a good game today, but still threw a int when we needed him to sustain us a drive, and the outcome was the same (L).. Be realistic, he's a "great guy" who's tough, but that's about it.. If he can put together a sting of games like today, and get us some wins, I'd consider bringing him back as a backup.. But more likely, he'll be back to missing passes and looking lost next week.. (I hope Im wrong) well see..

Time to get rid of both.

JC is not a franchise QB. 5 years and he has yet to prove he belongs. He played well today, but was aided by New Orleans -- penalties, and starting DBs not playing.

He had an opportunity to lead us to victory. And, he throws an ill-affordable interceptions. He has yet to lead the Skins on a 4th quarter victory drive.

Compare him to Vince Young who has done it 4 times this season.

JC finally has one good game out of 12 and everyone wants to keep him. How precious. Maybe next year, he'll have 2 out 12! OOh! Let's give him Manning money. I mean hey, he did have ONE FREAKING GOOD GAME IN 12 TRIES! WOW!

The fan base of this team is the problem. We've lowered our standards to where we are happy we lost to the freaking NEW ORLEANS SAINTS! This franchise, it's players, and the fans are so delusional that it's not even funny. We are prepared to suck for decades with this attitude.

3 weeks ago, we score 6 points on the cowboys. Now, everyone's ready to keep these clowns.

Let me spell it out for those who have forgotten.

THREE AND NINE. 3-9. Think about tat for a second. We're probably facing a 3-13 season and people want more? Get real.

I want watch one snap of a JC led team. Not one. I refuse to watch a horrible NFL and mediocre college QB ruin our franchise any longer.

Some QBs are clutch...Peyton Manning is clutch...Jason Campbell is NOT clutch.

Manning early in his career was the Marino style QB, he put up great stats, but he was not clutch by any means, in fact Peyton and the Colts were notorious chokers in the play-offs until 2006. Campbell has been in the league five years he has played for three years, look at Ryan and Flacco they have regressed this season in a big way.

You want to replace him with Clausen, Clausen is the opposite of clutch, Bradford is soft and Tebow and McCoy are career back ups at best. As far as coaching goes, it is true that sherm was never interviewed because of his skin color, in fact that was one of the reasons for the Rooney Rule

one of the reasons for anew Gm and a change is the culture of losing as well as this paturn of losing where each week someone new steps up and makes a mistake..get rid of the Center and rg, and rt .the lg a is up to the Gm as is all of them but the Lt is also open and the most important.Samuels may come back but how much time does he really have.probably be better in the long run for him to reitire.i know thats alot of positions to fill but with a no cap year and a Great Gm it's not impossible.He just keeps this oline together until he finds the better player and then they are gone.this game today is hard to squarre away.they deserved to win and yet the whole team right down to the coaching staff lost the game.but they played their best game and yet still found away to lose a game that was theirs.they have done that more than a few times this year.

Considering the QB's coming out of college and the FA pool, it almost seems to make a case to keep JC, develop some young guy and have a real HC like Shanny. Ideally I won't both gone, and I chose that...but realistically it will probably be keep Jason and send Zorn packing.

Archived