Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DC Sports Bog: Redskins Appoint New Leader

MattFancy

This really just shows why people hate Snyder. He is more worried about advertising and marketing than fielding a winning team. I used to defend him, but with stuff like this, its getting harder to do that.
What do you expect from the guy who made his millions calling people at dinner time and slamming their long distance phone service?

So, what's the problem with this?

Seems like a slap in the face to the fans. All season we've talked about how we need a shake-up in the front office and how we need a new GM. So what does Dan do, send an email about how there is a new leader for the Redskins. Turns out, its a commercial for Audi. Just goes to show where Dan's priorities are with this team.

Today the Washington Redskins appointed a new leader that will strengthen the team with speed, control, spirit and drive.

As a passionate fan, we invite you to experience firsthand what this means for the future of the Washington Redskins.

Click on the video or personalized link below to view this special message:

Seriously how insulting is this?

But yeah, Dannyboy is really gettin' rocked by fans turning in their cards, he's stricken to the bone by the signs at the games and he has seen the light! He is going to fire VinnyTheSockpuppet and turn over control to a real GM!

..........<sigh>...........

There are people on this board so effin' gullible that I could stick them up by telegram.

This IS another intentional slap in the fan to the fanbase. This is Danny's answer to all your little comments and shirts and signs and questions from media, etc, etc. He doesn't give a rat's ass about you buying tickets or anything else. He will be rolling in dough just from revenue sharing alone so he won't have to listen to any of you peasants, afterall, if you deserved his attention you'd be rich too. He will burn this franchise to the ground and sell the ashes on EBay before he let's anyone tell him what to do.

I've been telling people for a while now. The fans aren't getting angry because the team is bad... they are getting angry because they owner is treating them like morons or addicts. This latest ad is very openly mocking the fans.

Here's your new leader douchbags, don't forget to buy another jersey or 40 dollar beer.

Wonder what Jim Zorn thought of this ad nad yes what balls by the ownership to do something like this. I guess it just speaks to Dan Snyder and his perspective on the fans. You are right that he treats us like addicts and he thinks that he can do whatever he likes. He is going to see a serious decline in sales if he doesn't get his act together.

I've been telling people for a while now. The fans aren't getting angry because the team is bad... they are getting angry because they owner is treating them like morons or addicts. This latest ad is very openly mocking the fans.

Here's your new leader douchbags, don't forget to buy another jersey or 40 dollar beer.

Well, anybody who actually fell for this is a moron.

If ever there was a moment that I wished JKC would rise from the grave and beat the crap out of Snyder...it is this one more than any other.

Even in his current state JKC is 100times the owner Snyder will ever be! (I used to say 10 however after this crap...he just over-achieved...good job Danny :doh: )

Agreed...I spotted it as spam from a mile away, and anyone who didn't is a fool.

But it still shows where the priorities of this organization lie. And for them to use the unstable state of the organization as an opportunity to pimp a product is pretty low and pretty classless.

"Yes, we realize we're a dysfunctional mess that needs change from the top down. So...can I interest you in an Audi?"

I agree with you.... and it goes to show you how little respect this team has for it's fans. You're just a dumbass addict to them. Just keep rooting for the team and buying the merchandise crack head.

This commercial would be OK if the team weren't so effin bad.

Just bad timing. Maybe they planned this months in advance before the loss to the Lions?

These types of deals are indeed made months in advance...they probably recieved a nice payment from Audi to advertise their cars in some way, they passed along the email idea to the decision makers in Audi, who liked it and gave their approval, and now the rug gets pulled out beneath both the Skins and Audi because of how the season has unfolded. Somebody, somewhere, should have rewritten the copy for the ad, all things considered...that's probably the only mistake made, though. The rest is a non-story.

These types of deals are indeed made months in advance...they probably recieved a nice payment from Audi to advertise their cars in some way, they passed along the email idea to the decision makers in Audi, who liked it and gave their approval, and now the rug gets pulled out beneath both the Skins and Audi because of how the season has unfolded. Somebody, somewhere, should have rewritten the copy for the ad, all things considered...that's probably the only mistake made, though. The rest is a non-story.

It's an email ad. The final copy could have been completed 5 days ago or less. The deals that are made are general types of advertising like emails, banners, etc. The content of an email ad wouldn't have had to exist at the time of the agreement and most likely didn't.

It's an email ad. The final copy could have been completed 5 days ago or less. The deals that are made are general types of advertising like emails, banners, etc. The content of an email ad wouldn't have had to exist at the time of the agreement and most likely didn't.

Nobody puts off ad copy until a few days before the ads go out, regardless of the medium in which it goes out in...believe it or not, the ad copy most likely went through a multitude of revisions and had way too many unnecessary meetings about it as well lol...you'd like to think that one schlub in PR wrote the ad copy last Tuesday after eating dinner, but from my experiences with working with dozens upon dozens of multimillion dollar companies and coorporations (as well as numerous smaller ones), NOTHING is ever done so simplistically. This copy was written long before the emails went out...and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Audi wanted to read the copy before signing on the dotted line.

Nobody puts off ad copy until a few days before the ads go out, regardless of the medium in which it goes out in...believe it or not, the ad copy most likely went through a multitude of revisions and had way too many unnecessary meetings about it as well lol...you'd like to think that one schlub in PR wrote the ad copy last Tuesday after eating dinner, but from my experiences with working with dozens upon dozens of multimillion dollar companies and coorporations (as well as numerous smaller ones), NOTHING is ever done so simplistically. This copy was written long before the emails went out...and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Audi wanted to read the copy before signing on the dotted line.

You are confusing things. The copy you are talking about is the Audi Ad itself. The content of the email however doesn't need to be in place until much later. The copy can be written much closer to the send date because often times you want them to be relevant to the time of release (in order to get more people to click it).

I have 4 friends that work in email marketing and all of them have confirmed this. You might be right but there is no reason to assume it was done months ago.

Archived