Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DC Sports Bog: Redskins Appoint New Leader

MattFancy

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/region/dc/washington_redskins.html

"We're thrilled with the way Audi has integrated its product and brand into a signature presence at the stadium," said Washington Redskins Chief Operating Officer, Mitch Gershman. "The exposure of Audi and its world-class automobiles to our fans is particularly appropriate in the FedExField setting.

The Audi Club at FedExField will have a soaring window wall and a design in keeping with the Audi terminal architectural style found in Audi dealerships and corporate facilities worldwide. The Audi attention to detail is also on display in this partnership through measures like newly routed power supplies that enable the four Audi vehicles displayed around the stadium to show off their signature LED lights.

Other highlights of the partnership include:

-VIP Platinum Audi parking lots where Audi owners with game tickets and a Platinum parking pass provided by local Audi dealerships can park for free.

-Audi banners ringing the perimeter of the stadium and one 50-by-50-foot Audi entrance-gate banner.

-Audi branding on the backdrop for team press conferences at FedExField, away games and the Redskins training facility in nearby Ashburn, Va.

-In-stadium rotating ads

-Online banners and video on Redskins.com

-Opportunities for Audi customers to get exclusive access to Redskins events.

I thought all of those Audi "perks" were a joke...Holy CRAP!

OH MY LORD HE REALLY HAS TURNED THIS FRANCHISE INTO NOTHING MORE THAN A MARKETING TOOL FOR HIS BANK ACCOUNT!

:doh: I never felt more embarssed as a fan of this team than I do right now! This is making the Norv years feel almost like the good old days (emphasis on the word "almost" I am not at that point...yet!)

What exactly does this quote mean...particularly the bolded part?

"We're thrilled with the way Audi has integrated its product and brand into a signature presence at the stadium," said Washington Redskins Chief Operating Officer, Mitch Gershman. "The exposure of Audi and its world-class automobiles to our fans is particularly appropriate in the FedExField setting."

It's just marketing mumbo-jumbo that means absolutely nothing. Particularly appropriate?!?!? How so? Fans go to football games to be exposed to automobile marketing?

How about, it's particulary INAPPROPRIATE to shove this garbage down our throats? Particularly appropriate my ***.

Archived