Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DC Sports Bog: Redskins Appoint New Leader

MattFancy

You are confusing things. The copy you are talking about is the Audi Ad itself. The content of the email however doesn't need to be in place until much later. The copy can be written much closer to the send date because often times you want them to be relevant to the time of release (in order to get more people to click it).

I have 4 friends that work in email marketing and all of them have confirmed this. You might be right but there is no reason to assume it was done months ago.

But this email copy would be relevant no matter when it was released--and in this case, it's relevant for the wrong reasons lol. Actually, it might have been even worse if it was sent during the offseason, when changes in "leadership" are usually made.

And usually the reps from companies as big as Audi do indeed want to know how their product is going to be presented in every facet of the deal, not just in the ad copy that they control...bad email copy results in far, FAR less clicks on the links contained within the emails. I spent 2 years writing email invitations as part of a side job I had...it was incredible the amount of revisions needed to simply tell people "Click on this link for more information". And this was for companies huge and small...everyone wanted their say-so in how it was presented, what was featured in the email text, what was not, whose names were included, what words were emphasized...and I went through WAY too many phone conferences trying to convince clients that what they wanted would actually result in far less clicks on the links inside the emails.

ridiculous...at times like this...you have to wonder about fandom...i grew up loving Billy and Sonny and the boys...but man Snyda makes me disgusted...what a clueless prick...if he was really a smart marketer/branding guy he would never do this...the dude got so lucky to be where he is...we need to take his ass down!

This really just shows why people hate Snyder. He is more worried about advertising and marketing than fielding a winning team. I used to defend him, but with stuff like this, its getting harder to do that.

Been saying this for a while now. Snyder cares about one thing and one thing only, his profit bottom line. I saw yesterday someone here repeat that same old lie that's been said for over a decade now...Snyder wants to win. Let me try and bust that lie once again and point out a few things. First Snyder's never done anything to show that he wants to "win". Once he took over one of his first moves was to fire the previous years Executive of the Year here and replaces him with his buddy, Vinny Ceratto. A couple of years later he fires a 1st year head coach after that coach finished the year winning 8 out of 11 games simply because he refused to not just do everything Snyder wanted. Snyder replaces him with one of the worst head coaches in NFL history. Years after he brings in the teams only HOF coach he refuses to hire the right man for the job, Greg Williams, because Greg won't show enough willingness to do what Snyder wants and instead goes with a patsy yes man in Jim Zorn who has zero experience and after two seasons looks completely over matched week after week. Snyder doesn't ever allow the right minded football people to run this show and instead runs this ship his way.

Snyder has always done the one thing that fans say is an example of "him wanting to win" and brings in high priced free agents. Snyder is a man who is willing to spend money amongst some cheap owners who aren't willing. However when did those mercenary Free Agent additions ever lead this team to another championship? The truth is that Snyder knows that the fanbase continues to buy his product every year as long as he spends a fraction of the money they give him on new players. He does think the fanbase are addicts and treats us as such. Just because he spends on guys like Hanyesworth and Hall doesn't mean he wants to win, it means he wants to put more asses in seats and sell more merchandise and believes this is the key to getting to that goal.

The sad part about this to me is how so few posters around here can actually see through the fog that is Snyder and admit the truth about the situation. Snyder still doesn't get enough blame or a high demand for him to answer to the fan base for his actions. Snyder was smart and bought out the media outlets in the town so he can control the teams message as much as possible. That act of brainwashing has helped buy him more time as the owner and continue to grant him a pass for being held accountable.

As fans we can force him to change. We can force him to answer us. We can force him to get away from decision making that is killing the franchise. The way you do that is protest. You don't wear any Redskins gear or buy any of it anymore. You stop going to football games. You turn off the TV and make the Redskins irrelevant. The more people that do that the more it will hit Snyder in his pocket and his ego. It's the only move this fan base has but the movement hasn't happened yet and I wonder if it ever will

I must admit, I don't read those e-mails either.

I used to skip these emails too. But then I realized I could hit Snyder a little harder by unsubscribing from his marketing emails.

So, next time you all get a marketing email from the Redskins (probably within the next 6 hours), don't just delete it. Take the extra 10 seconds to scroll to the bottom and unsubscribe. It would be great for the marketing department to see tens of thousands of names drop off their list.

I've been telling people for a while now. The fans aren't getting angry because the team is bad... they are getting angry because they owner is treating them like morons or addicts. This latest ad is very openly mocking the fans.

Here's your new leader douchbags, don't forget to buy another jersey or 40 dollar beer.

Exactly. I could live with a bad team if the ownership at least tried to put a quality product on the field and showed that it cared about the fans. Snyder does not care about winning and he does not care about the fans, he just wants to make money and be the star.

I hope this is his attempt at mocking us, and not really an ad campaign.

I can laugh, and respect him if he's just ****ing with me. That would actually be hilarious in a twisted sort of way. But if the purpose of this is to be a real advertisment, designed to get a Redskins fan to buy something, then they are further removed from reality than I previously gave them credit for.

Inside the walls of the complex at Ashburn from the football management side to the football coaching side to the football playing side to the business/marketing side there are hundreds of people. How many of them "get it?" Seriously. I see the product on the field this season and I see stuff like this, and I can only come to the conclusion that the answer is in the single digits and not a single one of them is in a position of influence.

The Redskins are losers. Snyder is a failure. I hate to even contemplate what that makes all of us.

Snyder is cancer. It's as simple as that. He has stripped the life from this organization and it is now a heartless, soulless profit machine.

Exactly.

I feel nothing for this franchise now. My only emotional link is it's past and memories of those teams I grew up watching.

The Redskins now are nothing but a revenue stream for an ******* rich jerk.

I have read through this thread and there are some tremendous posts here. It is disheartening to think of how loyal the fans are to the Redskins, only to have an owner such as Snyder running the team. One could only hope that Sndyer's tenure is cut short by the fans lack of financial support. FWIW, I will not be buying Redskins merch. until I see a change of owner or a change in the owner. I have spent too much on games, jerseys, hats and other merch. in the past, that program is discontinued.

the email coaxes you into thinking that the Redskins have hired a new coach or GM yet when you open the email it's a frickin commercial.

Well,, to be fair, who really believes the Redskins would announce something like that in a web video... before anyone else found out about it?

Whoever thought this video was actually announcing anything got the disappointment they deserve.

And I agree with Zoony.. marketing in the midst of one flop after another is tasteless and insulting and contemptuous of the fans.

~Bang

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/region/dc/washington_redskins.html

"We're thrilled with the way Audi has integrated its product and brand into a signature presence at the stadium," said Washington Redskins Chief Operating Officer, Mitch Gershman. "The exposure of Audi and its world-class automobiles to our fans is particularly appropriate in the FedExField setting.

The Audi Club at FedExField will have a soaring window wall and a design in keeping with the Audi terminal architectural style found in Audi dealerships and corporate facilities worldwide. The Audi attention to detail is also on display in this partnership through measures like newly routed power supplies that enable the four Audi vehicles displayed around the stadium to show off their signature LED lights.

Other highlights of the partnership include:

-VIP Platinum Audi parking lots where Audi owners with game tickets and a Platinum parking pass provided by local Audi dealerships can park for free.

-Audi banners ringing the perimeter of the stadium and one 50-by-50-foot Audi entrance-gate banner.

-Audi branding on the backdrop for team press conferences at FedExField, away games and the Redskins training facility in nearby Ashburn, Va.

-In-stadium rotating ads

-Online banners and video on Redskins.com

-Opportunities for Audi customers to get exclusive access to Redskins events.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/media/sample.m3u/ref=dm_sp_smpl?ie=UTF8&catalogItemType=track&ASIN=B00137V01W&qid=1260027895&sr=8-1

I've been telling people for a while now. The fans aren't getting angry because the team is bad... they are getting angry because they owner is treating them like morons or addicts. This latest ad is very openly mocking the fans.

Here's your new leader douchbags, don't forget to buy another jersey or 40 dollar beer.

^^ That's exactly what it says to me.

"Be sure to drink your ovaltine."

It's a crummy commercial!

^^^ Also well played.

It's not even that oh folks are letdown because it wasn't really about a new GM or coach, It wouldn't be announced that way, but just using that angle/line to market totally mocks the fans, what a douche.

Archived