Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical...Cutler as 2010 starting QB

RWJ

No way in hell. I didn't think Cutler was worth nearly what the Bears paid for him and that his play would go downhill fast once he started in Chicago since they weren't loaded with talent like the Broncos...and whaddya know? I wouldn't even give up one 1st rounder for him right now. We need OL, plain and simple. I said it in another thread, but hopefully the way Cutler has turned out so far for Chicago might actually send a message to Dan and Vinny (please fire him) that we are NOT one shiny big name QB away from being great.

What if we could trade for Cutler, and then, since Tom Brady is still coming off a knee injury and will be 33 at the start of next season, convince New England to trade us Brady and Randy Moss as a package deal for Cutler. There you go, offense fixed!

Hell, I probably should have just made a thread for that idea instead of wasting it in here.

Don't go and bring facts to a purely speculative and hypothetical thread.

In fact just imagine no cap hit. Speculate that we can dump all our high priced players at the end of the season by cutting, trading or restructuring and suffer no cap ramifications.

This is a speculative thread after all.

In that case, I want Batman for quarterback and wolves for linebackers.

Sorry to cause such an uproar. I've seen crazier threads than this be posted. Mods, please delete this thread when you get the chance. Thanks......RWJ.

Dont worry about it. It probably wasnt thread worthy but most of these threads around here arent. I thought this was a much better thread and more realistic of actually happening than most of the "should we sign" threads. This thread was no worse than the "fire jim zorn, hire shanny and trade for cutler" threads that were made last year.

You watch, if shanny does come here i bet you he does go after cutler thinking he will be able to get him for less than the bears got him for. I will be happy to bump this thread if he is hired and the rumors start flying.

Dont worry about it. It probably wasnt thread worthy but most of these threads around here arent. I thought this was a much better thread and more realistic of actually happening than most of the "should we sign" threads. This thread was no worse than the "fire jim zorn, hire shanny and trade for cutler" threads that were made last year.

You watch, if shanny does come here i bet you he does go after cutler thinking he will be able to get him for less than the bears got him for. I will be happy to bump this thread if he is hired and the rumors start flying.

Just because people made poorly thought out threads before, doesn't mean we need more threads like that now. I'm sure the people that started a lot of the Shanahan/Cutler/etc. threads last spring got blasted pretty often too.

It's just better for everyone if threads are only created with well thought out ideas and food for serious thought.

And I'd also bet that if Shanahan does come here, he'd rather keep his first couple of first round picks to draft his own guys, not use them to chase after a QB he already drafted a few years ago for another team who just signed a ridiculously large contract extension.

how about Shanahan to Chicago instead???
Now there's a good thought.

Sign Shanahan, then trade him to Denver for two first round picks. Now we're cooking ;)

Just because people made poorly thought out threads before, doesn't mean we need more threads like that now.

It's just better for everyone if threads are only created with well thought out ideas and food for serious thought.

Can't be done. Well regarded posters over the years have pleaded for the masses to change their ways, but they don't.

Just read my drueling sarcastic posts in this thread and the responses to them.

And reference the OP and the others that start threads, if you can't stand the heat don't start the thread in the first place.

Dude is this generation's Jeff George. He thinks that he can make any and every throw which in certain situations is good and in others not so good. I am really glad that we didn't make that trade. In his defense, Cutler doesn't exactly have Brandon Marshall out there. They have a really good TE, A converted DB as their #1, and bunch of no names. All things considered for the Bears, they could be less than the 4 wins that they have now.

In his defense, Cutler doesn't exactly have Brandon Marshall out there.

Hell, when Cutler had Brandon Marshall the last 2 years, he went a combined 15-17. And that includes the epic collapse last season where they lost their last 3 to miss the playoffs.

I'm not saying Cutler doesn't have talent, I'm saying Cutler doesn't have enough talent to give up 2 1st round picks for.

Cutler is horrible! He and Campbell are equally bad for different reasons. I wouldn't want Cutler for a 3rd rounder much less a first. His stock is nowhere near worthy of a first right now.

Agree and our incredible FO wanted to give away not 1 but 2 first rounders for him plus JC who we gave up a 1st and 3rd I believe to draft just a few years ago. What a ****ing brilliant FO organization with long range vision:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Archived