Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical...Cutler as 2010 starting QB

RWJ

Now, this is merely conjecture but let's say that Cutler finishes the season as poorly as it is right now. Let's say with 22TDs and 27INTs. Is it possible or it is possible that the Bears feel like they made a mistake in trading the house for him. Now, let's say that Shanahan is hired as our next GM/HC and wants to make a trade for him. Skins trade our 1st this year and next year for Cutler. He becomes the starting QB under a HC that he played for in 2006, 2007 and 2008 and knows his OF scheme.

How do you ESer's feel about this scenerio playing out.

I am not saying that I want this to pan out like this but merely speculating. Understand.:)

Yeah, we understand. So, we now want you to create 15 more threads on 15 different positions of need for the skins for next year. Let's see how imaginative and creative you can be.

Or was that demand just speculative.

Hypothetically speaking, I'd be made as made up with that scenario as I was totally down back in the heady day's of late spring/early summer the beginning of last April when he wound up in Chicago RWJ.

Realistically speaking, sadly, the Bears aren't gona' dispense with the one key component they've been missing in years, a top level signal caller. They'll dispense with Smith and Taylor and supply him with better weapons before they'll even think of anything like that.

On the plus side, what we've lost in not being able to give Denver what they needed, a QB to their liking, we'll more than likely benefit from come the 2010 draft in a Sam Bradford or someone of his ilk.

Hail.

I am not saying that I want this to pan out like this but merely speculating. Understand.:)

He just signed a 5yr $49.77mil contract with $20mil guaranteed, and $7.5mil due next year 2010: $7.5 million, 2011: $8.1 million, 2012: $8.2 million, 2013: $8.9 million.

Who due you expect to take the cap hit for this boneheaded trade if it were to happen if there is an trade clause in his contract which I'm willing to bet there is.

Cutler was worth 2 first rounder because he just a Pro-Bowler. If he had a bad season, his value would drop. He's probably only worth 1 first rounder if that's the case. Thus, it comes down to either you draft 1st rd QB or trade for Cutler. I rather go with first.

Obviously Cutler is talented. So is JC. Cutler's crap performance this year goes to show that a QB's success is tied into the system, his team's talent level, and execution . How anyone could watch a Bears game this year and think that Cutler would be worthy of draft picks is beyond me. The morons on this board that say JC is the "worst starting QB in the league" need to watch some other games without bias and witness truly bad quarterback play. Cutler has a cannon for an arm, but is also not up to snuff "mentally." Same criticism of our guy by most on this board. We have much more pressing needs than QB, though JC will be gone because he'd be crazy not to leave this train wreck of a franchise.

He just signed a 5yr $49.77mil contract with $20mil guaranteed, and $7.5mil due next year 2010: $7.5 million, 2011: $8.1 million, 2012: $8.2 million, 2013: $8.9 million.

Who due you expect to take the cap hit for this boneheaded trade if it were to happen if there is an trade clause in his contract which I'm willing to bet there is.

Don't go and bring facts to a purely speculative and hypothetical thread.

In fact just imagine no cap hit. Speculate that we can dump all our high priced players at the end of the season by cutting, trading or restructuring and suffer no cap ramifications.

This is a speculative thread after all.

Don't go and bring facts to a purely speculative and hypothetical thread.

In fact just imagine no cap hit. Speculate that we can dump all our high priced players at the end of the season by cutting, trading or restructuring and suffer no cap ramifications.

This is a speculative thread after all.

Is there gonna be a cap next year? just askin'....

wow this is crazy you mention this. Just today i had the exact same thought and wondered how much shanny would be willing to give up to get his boy cutler back. I think he would still love to have him as his qb and i thought 2 first round picks would probably get him here. I would not by any means want it to happen but its just weird that for some reason i had the exact same thought that if shanny turned out to be our coach, i bet he somehow goes back after cutler.

wow this is crazy you mention this. Just today i had the exact same thought and wondered how much shanny would be willing to give up to get his boy cutler back. I think he would still love to have him as his qb and i thought 2 first round picks would probably get him here. I would not by any means want it to happen but its just weird that for some reason i had the exact same thought that if shanny turned out to be our coach, i bet he somehow goes back after cutler.

me three 100% ... altho I hoped the price would be lower if it happened

Now, this is merely conjecture but let's say that Cutler finishes the season as poorly as it is right now. Let's say with 22TDs and 27INTs. Is it possible or it is possible that the Bears feel like they made a mistake in trading the house for him. Now, let's say that Shanahan is hired as our next GM/HC and wants to make a trade for him. Skins trade our 1st this year and next year for Cutler. He becomes the starting QB under a HC that he played for in 2006, 2007 and 2008 and knows his OF scheme.

How do you ESer's feel about this scenerio playing out.

No, trading away draft picks have been one of the Redskins many problems. Continuing to do so just to get Cutler would makes things worst.

I guess it's time to leave this thread.

No one seems to get the mocking, sarcastic comments.

So, I will step aside and allow the continued speculation, and every random thought to become a thread or post to continue regardless of how bad it is.

I'm sorry, you must of had a gun to your head forcing to respond. It is real simple folks... if you don't like the premise of a thread, do not reply. They will die out on their own.

A few things wrong with the scenario.

1. We'd be trading away draft picks. Yeahhhhhh no. Hopefully Vinny is out.

2. Did you see how much the Bears gave up for Cutler? No WAY they get rid of him after 1 year, no matter what his numbers are.

1. yea i agree. no more trading draft picks. I would never want this to happen and i think the OP is on the same page. I stated earlier that i had the same thought. I think the better wording would be i had the same FEAR that shannahan becomes the coach and still wants cutler bad enough to give up 2 first rounders. hopefully that would never happen.

2. Part of the reason i am scared of this is because i think the bears might actually do it. Im not sure the cap hit they would have to take but if there is no cap in 2010 they might do it. I mean if they are truly unhappy and feel he isnt as good as they thought and they made a huge mistake than they might see this as a way to get a couple picks back.

I mean pretend it was the redskins who gave up all those picks and campbell for cutler. We saw how he played and we would be crying and complaining about how bad cutler is and we wasted all those picks/money. And then some team came and offered us two first round picks. I think most on this board would say definately do it. I would be amazing grateful if cutler sucked here and we got two first round picks back for him. We used him for a year, tested him out, and got two first round picks back that can help us rebuild.Just my opinion though. But i put myself in a bears fans shoes for a second, and i would want them to take that trade in a second. And that is why i am scared it could indeed happen.

Archived