Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical...Cutler as 2010 starting QB

RWJ

Now, this is merely conjecture but let's say that Cutler finishes the season as poorly as it is right now. Let's say with 22TDs and 27INTs. Is it possible or it is possible that the Bears feel like they made a mistake in trading the house for him. Now, let's say that Shanahan is hired as our next GM/HC and wants to make a trade for him. Skins trade our 1st this year and next year for Cutler. He becomes the starting QB under a HC that he played for in 2006, 2007 and 2008 and knows his OF scheme.

How do you ESer's feel about this scenerio playing out.

Two firsts for Cutler? I'd rather move up in the draft and get Claussen or McCoy or Bradford.

Now, this is merely conjecture but let's say that Cutler finishes the season as poorly as it is right now. Let's say with 22TDs and 27INTs. Is it possible or it is possible that the Bears feel like they made a mistake in trading the house for him. Now, let's say that Shanahan is hired as our next GM/HC and wants to make a trade for him. Skins trade our 1st this year and next year for Cutler. He becomes the starting QB under a HC that he played for in 2006, 2007 and 2008 and knows his OF scheme.

No thanks. I'd rather use the picks to trade up in the draft if they insist on giving away picks.

You aren't put off by Cutler's performance with the Bears thus far but you are put off by Campbell's performance here?

-Its very hard to compare the two... Neither has a great supporting cast; Cutler seems to try and make a play with the scrubs surrounding him (basically choosing to sink or swim), while Campbell concentrates more and not making mistakes (it seems that way to me at least).

-It's also to early to tell with Cutler.. Campbell's had years here, Cutler hasn't had a season in CHI yet, if next year he has a complete turnaround and remains a franchise QB for CHI for the next 10 years, it will have been a great move. Not that I'm saying this situation is very likely, but it isn't that fat-fetched after what we've seen from Cutler in the past.

Hell, when Cutler had Brandon Marshall the last 2 years, he went a combined 15-17. And that includes the epic collapse last season where they lost their last 3 to miss the playoffs.

I'm not saying Cutler doesn't have talent, I'm saying Cutler doesn't have enough talent to give up 2 1st round picks for.

Hey I am no fan of Cutler, but look at the defense that they had last year. The were a sieve. Why do you think that they cleaned house and got veteran talent. They couldn't stop old folks at the early bird special at a Florida Restaurant. He made the pro bowl last year.

While he had a good season last year, Philip Rivers was the best QB in his division and certainly should have made it over Cutler to the Pro Bowl. I don't know why that happened, unless of course Rivers was hurt or something like that.

Hell, when Cutler had Brandon Marshall the last 2 years, he went a combined 15-17. And that includes the epic collapse last season where they lost their last 3 to miss the playoffs.

I'm not saying Cutler doesn't have talent, I'm saying Cutler doesn't have enough talent to give up 2 1st round picks for.

In fairness to Cutler, the Doncs defense the last few years had been atrocious. McDaniels came in and changed personnel and hired Mike Nolan as D-coord which has made a huge difference.

That said, Cutler sucks and I'm glad they didn't bring him here. At least Jason doesn't turn the ball over very much and doesn't overthrow receivers by a mile every single time.

If we had traded JC for Cutler, every JC hater on here would be begging to have him back after being witness to Cutler's act.

Oh no doubt, but then again, people on this forum won't be satisfied until we have an elite QB on our team... which probably won't happen for another 20-30 years... so buckle up and get used to this :cool2:

Oh no doubt, but then again, people on this forum won't be satisfied until we have an elite QB on our team... which probably won't happen for another 20-30 years... so buckle up and get used to this :cool2:

I'd rather have an elite OL, competent GM, and good coach at this point than an elite QB.

I acutally don't think it's as hard to find a good QB as it used to be. I think there are 20 guys who are anywhere from very solid-great QB's in the league right now, and there's a pretty good draft class coming out this year.

Hypothetical:

Colt Brennan as 2010 starting QB.

This is more likely than Cutler.

True as to which scenario is more likely, but it depends who the next coach is as to whether or not Colt plays or is even here next year. Colt is essentially Zorn's guy and was drafted for Zorn to develop in his system. The next coach might not be a Colt fan.

Archived