Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proud of my team...

Renegade7

I'm still crying at the last 3 minutes, but it was a terrific effort. Campbell played one of his best games, finding open receivers despite being under brutal pressure, and shining on 3rd downs. The young guys Davis and Thomas stepped up. The defense played balls to the wall and have nothing to feel bad about, except for Hall laying off during that final drive. The coaching wasn't terrible either, it was a field-position battle.

That said, Zorn and Campbell have to go, nothing this season will change that.

A+ for effort :helmet:

That's the problem. Somehow a win over Dallas late in the season is going to paper over this team's problems in too many people's eyes.

Time for a BIG change!

That's great for them, but for the people who actually watch the games and call it how they see it, that won't be the case.

I am proud of our team but I cant say I'm proud of Zorn and his staff. Kicking the field goal with 3rd &2 from the cowboys 20yd line with 15 seconds left in the first haldf was just plain STUPID! Calling a 2nd consecutive draw play on 3rd &2 from the cowboys 30yd line when our QB had been perfect on 3rd downs is just plain STUPID. We tried to set up Suisham for a 50yd field goal .. Just Stupid!:doh:

Zorn and his staff cost us the game. Bad game management decisions and bad run calls when it counted.

In the first half i agree with Zorn, under 40 yard fgs have to be made and we ran the risk of running out of time if we ran another play. 4th qtr i have no excuse for, but i put this on the players

London and Rocky have to make a play, and Suishiam has to do his job

As many injuries and drama as we've been through, and to not have your best offensive or defensive (Cooley and Haynesworth respectfully) on the road against Dallas, I was impressed with what I saw. You could've argued the playcalling should've been more agressing when we're that close to scoring (opting for runs or early FGs, ie 3rd down) the same way you could make a case we should've been blown out going in. Hey, hit another FG and we win this game, and I enjoyed about 56 mins of it. Made me happy.

I don't know what's going to happen with JC or Zorn, but they are helping their case for another year here more then they're hurting it now. Typical Skins-Dallas game, but we're going to blow them out when they come up to Fedex. Good stuff.

:logo:

Great post except the part about Zorn

Campbell had a pretty good game, but faltered when it mattered the most.

To be fair, the defense made a play. I was pretty happy with Campbell's performance overall and thought he did a good job in keeping the chains moving. Most of the time, it was other aspects of our team that stopped us.

Really, we had the misfortune to have our normally reliable kicker miss a couple of kicks and the OL play was up and down. Now we've lost our second back and third OL. Tough all around.

To be fair, the defense made a play. I was pretty happy with Campbell's performance overall and thought he did a good job in keeping the chains moving. Most of the time, it was other aspects of our team that stopped us.

Really, we had the misfortune to have our normally reliable kicker miss a couple of kicks and the OL play was up and down. Now we've lost our second back and third OL. Tough all around.

The intensity of it being a "Dallass" game must have gotten to his head this week. Stay calm Swishy, you've been clutch up until this point.

I am definitely torn here... I am certainly proud of our defense for the most part, although they seemed to play prevent defense there in the 4th quarter and laid the red carpet down for the 'Boys. Suisham was definitely a black eye today. Zorn, despite having most of his responsibilities taken away, still manages to have this look on his face like he doesn't know what's going on. Missed opportunities. I am proud, but this is a loss that stings even more than our previous ones this year.

Are you kidding me? They have bought their ticket out of here already. Neither one of them will be back in 2010 nor should they. The Skins will not be blowing out Dallas. If they win the rematch, if would be similiar to today's game except instead of losing 6-7, we would win 9-7.

Frankly, I expect this team to be worse the rest of the way.

I know you're pissed off, but the majority of the runs dallas had against us was right up the middle where Haynesworth is supposed to be. They won't be doing that when he comes back, and would be lucky if they got to do anything else. No Portis, Cooley, Betts, even Rhino went out too. JC threw for 256 yards today, and made enough plays with his feet to make plays others might be able to.

Unless a better option comes up at QB to ignore the o-line again, JC should be back next year. And Zorn ended up being HC because we couldn't get anyone else. If you get rid of JC or Zorn, there must be a better option because can't afford to get worse. We'd waste this defense we have and the little bit of talent we do have on offense.

The intensity of it being a "Dallass" game must have gotten to his head this week. Stay calm Swishy, you've been clutch up until this point.

I think with that first one that standing out in that field for so long waiting for the officials to get things right must have had an effect on him. I agree with others that I probably would have at least taken a low risk shot, tho I do kinda understand Zorn's reluctance to do that.

I know you're pissed off, but the majority of the runs dallas had against us was right up the middle where Haynesworth is supposed to be. They won't be doing that when he comes back, and would be lucky if they got to do anything else. No Portis, Cooley, Betts, even Rhino went out too. JC threw for 256 yards today, and made enough plays with his feet to make plays others might be able to.

Unless a better option comes up at QB to ignore the o-line again, JC should be back next year. And Zorn ended up being HC because we couldn't get anyone else. If you get rid of JC or Zorn, there must be a better option because can't afford to get worse. We'd waste this defense we have and the little bit of talent we do have on offense.

I don't what you are expecting next year. I fully expect a rebuilding year in 2010. This team needs to be blown up.

If we get lucky, maybe we can do something in 2010. The offense needs a complete overhaul. I fully expect us to draft a QB in 2010 either in the first or second round.

I don't what you are expecting next year. I fully expect a rebuilding year in 2010. This team needs to be blown up.

If we get lucky, maybe we can do something in 2010. The offense needs a complete overhaul. I fully expect us to draft a QB in 2010 either in the first or second round.

^^^ what are you talking about? we're only one player away man!!! :silly:

I'm expecting us to use our first round draft pick on an the offensive line along with several fa to overhaul the offensive line. That's our main weakness and we won't be able to do anything with anyone, HC or QB, if that part our team continues to be powerless the way it has. I do believe at some point we need a better #1 QB, RB, and WR, but we have to fix the o-line first. I've seen what we can do with what we have when we're healthy and the o-line plays above average football. We win.

So disappointing...plenty of chances to win. We did fight hard but as soon as Suisham missed that 50 yarder I had a terrible premonition.

I was ill at the end. Literally. Physically ill at how we just handed away a game to effing Dallass.

agreed, my hats off to you defense, and WRs and Cartwright.

im sorry but how cant you take your hat off for campbell today. he got his ass beat up today and stood in there and delivered some very good throws under pressure all day. without him this game wouldnt have been close.

Archived