Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proud of my team...

Renegade7

Same here, and I'm glad you made this thread.

I'm disappointed, but still proud. We fought hard.

I agree... and it took me a while to reach this decision, but overall i commend this team for the effort they displayed. Somehow i knew the redskins would lose this game in a heartbreaking effort, but they battled. As many people have alluded too on this message board, this team is not very good, but its time we realize this and start cheering like true fans should. Yes, maybe Zorn isn't ready to coach, and maybe Vinny blows at being a GM, but at some point us fans have to comprehend the fact that our job is to root for the team no matter what. And thats exactly what im going to do the rest of the season. **** everyone on this board who continue to scream the same exact things. Yeah this team has problems, but its not going to be taken care of till the end of the season. for now, relax and cheers for the underdog... Hail

Hear hear. Excellent thread, brother. I couldn't agree more, and if I may briefly cross-link in the interests of time and thread space, my initial thoughts on today's game can be found here, post #28.

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=309195

No one wearing B&B (still think that's a hideous combo but who am I anyhow?) tonight should hang his head. No one.

They played hard. But I stopped being proud of effort long ago. You don't play to be competitive, you play to win. Screw being proud of this team. Moral victories are for losers.

Very true. Moral victories may mean something in college but not in the pros. At least they are not a complete embarassment and can give us some hope that a new coach will have something to work with next year. But ever since Norv Turner we have led the league in close calls and moral victories and I'm sick of it. On good teams, different players step up to find a way to win. On bad teams, players step up (Suisham today) to find a way to lose. Something has to change with the fiber of this organization.

Very true. Moral victories may mean something in college but not in the pros. At least they are not a complete embarassment and can give us some hope that a new coach will have something to work with next year. But ever since Norv Turner we have led the league in close calls and moral victories and I'm sick of it. On good teams, different players step up to find a way to win. On bad teams, players step up (Suisham today) to find a way to lose. Something has to change with the fiber of this organization.

moral victories at this point mean a lot. Believe it or not, football is a game, that has no life altering affects on the participants. But you can sit there and pout, and complain about how incompetent the team is and more power to you. But forgive me on Sundays if i cheer for this team no matter what the outcome is. As spectators, not players, thats all we can do

Did Joey T have an affair with Cathy Lee Crosby??

I've got this girl so flustered this is the best she can come up with? LOL.

I pointed out that we have beat them 5 out of 9 times. She starts spouting off with this "America's Team" b.s. and I responded

I can proclaim myself King of England also, but that doesn't make it so. lol

Only losers make excuses ...

- Oh! But, we played tough

- We hung in there

- We shoulda coulda won

- We played well despite injuries ... etc.

GOOD TEAMS always find a way to WIN!

Yeah, you can tell it's bad when people are proud of a team that scores 6 points.

As longs as some of the players put up some decent stats, Redskins fans get all warm inside.

I'm proud of of our defense, they were good today. Our offense was putrid, again.

To be fair, the defense made a play. I was pretty happy with Campbell's performance overall and thought he did a good job in keeping the chains moving. Most of the time, it was other aspects of our team that stopped us.

Really, we had the misfortune to have our normally reliable kicker miss a couple of kicks and the OL play was up and down. Now we've lost our second back and third OL. Tough all around.

I agree champ.

What a douche bag thread. "I'm proud of my team". Yeah, I'm proud that they couldn't score a touchdown. Thanks Coach Zorn, for calling a timeout on a first down. Thanks Greg Blache for zero pressure in the 4th quarter. You guys are all winners. :doh:

What do you want a tissue or something, man? My team partially validated my fandom by overcomming an unbelieveable amount of BS and not bending over to pull their pants down in Dallas (who was favored to win by 12 points today). No one here is satisfied with this loss, so quite pissing in our cherrios already. Go take a Yaz pill or something.

Originally Posted by Metskins

What a douche bag thread. "I'm proud of my team". Yeah, I'm proud that they couldn't score a touchdown. Thanks Coach Zorn, for calling a timeout on a first down. Thanks Greg Blache for zero pressure in the 4th quarter. You guys are all winners.

Sounds like someone needs a hug!!!

I'm in the same boat as the folks in this thread. I can't remember the last team to have this many starters on IRs, and to our star players at that. The guys fought hard. It was hard hitting, old school Dal vs. Wash game, it was FUN TO WATCH.

Heal up guys!

I'm in the same boat as the folks in this thread. I can't remember the last team to have this many starters on IRs, and to our star players at that. The guys fought hard. It was hard hitting, old school Dal vs. Wash game, it was FUN TO WATCH.

Heal up guys!

It was fun to watch and I watched it with a pukes fan roommate.

It was a great game, we just weren't the better team.

Archived