Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going Rogue- Sarah Palin's book tour

ljs

Yes, I know that there is about to be a flood of negative Sarah Palin posts in here, but I don't care. I know some of you, even those that disagree may be interested to see her interviews coming up this week.

She has already interviewed with Oprah and Barbara Walters. Tonight Hannity will be airing his interview with her.

Tomorrow 11/19 and Friday 11/20, Bill OReilly will air his interview with Sarah. He said it is along the lines of his interview with Barrack last year, its about policy not personal issues (he left that crap for Oprah, my words, not Bill's).

This morning I open the news paper to find out Sarah will be in my town December 3rd signing books. :) I have the day off- I will be there. Its no secret I'm a fan of hers. I don't think she will run for Pres in 2012, and I don't think she needs too.

ok guys, have at it.

She's just too homespun to make me comfortable with her in a position like president. She has no accomplishments that mark her as special, either intellectually or common sensically. Say what you want about the O man but Harvard Law is Harvard Law. I've been to Wasilla and it ain't much and her partial term as Gov was filled with controversy and apparent ineptitude. Even if she wasn't at fault in some of them, you have to be careful when you work in public service not to have the image of impropriety.

I don't hate the lady and I'm not scared of her as the pundits are saying- I don't think she has much of a chance of being elected. I'm scared of that small chance of her as president though.

She definitely is running for President in 2012, or at least making an effort. Politicians don't just-so-happen to schedule Iowa for their book tours.

And I think she will win the GOP nomination because she is the epitome of Republicanism/conservatism.

I'm torn on that one. I have a gut feeling she won't run for Pres. I could very well be wrong.

Either way I'm darn excited to meet her:laugh:

She's just too homespun to make me comfortable with her in a position like president. She has no accomplishments that mark her as special, either intellectually or common sensically. Say what you want about the O man but Harvard Law is Harvard Law. I've been to Wasilla and it ain't much and her partial term as Gov was filled with controversy and apparent ineptitude. Even if she wasn't at fault in some of them, you have to be careful when you work in public service not to have the image of impropriety.

I don't hate the lady and I'm not scared of her as the pundits are saying. I'm scared of the idea of her as president though.

I see your point, I guess my issue is that just b/c you go to an ivy league school, doesn't mean you are qualified for President.(See GWB) a couple years as community organizer, state senator, then couple years as Senator and most of that time was campaigning. I have issues with the "Obama was qualified and Sarah wasn't." IF he is, then so is she. Barrack had just as much foreign policy experience as Palin.

I'm really curious though to see her interviews, and compare them to last year. I hope that the more liberal people on this board would watch too. I'm very curious to hear your thoughts after. I watched OReilly's interview with Barrack last year, and I think that will be the litmus for me with the Palin interview.

She definitely is running for President in 2012, or at least making an effort. Politicians don't just-so-happen to schedule Iowa for their book tours.

And I think she will win the GOP nomination because she is the epitome of Republicanism/conservatism.

I don't agree. The more I watch her, the more convinced I am that she doesn't really want to be the next President.

I think she wants to be the next Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck - and she is going to succeed, big time.

Palin's problem isn't her core beliefs. She had more conservative cred than anybody during the general election and the notion that the GOP needs to go more toward the moderate center is rubbish. This makes her very appealing.

Her problem, however, is the polarizing ditz persona that distracts people from her ideals. Kind of a Ron Paul-syndrome, i.e. the strict Constitutionalist with a clear vision of our Founders' intentions but talks and acts like a senile old cook that belongs in some attic. You put Paul's ideas in any other GOPer and we'd be looking at a repeat of Reagan-Mondale.

Her claim that she's not running in 2012 could very well be a ruse. Obama's numbers will plummet to 35% come 2011 and he will be running on the "I'm not the biggest charlatan in history" campaign. But his monopoly money-spending-ways might very well distract the voting public from the very polarizing ditz persona hurting her right now.

We'll see, but Obama's one term and done IMO and there are plenty of candidates that will be looking to capitalize, including Palin.

I don't agree. The more I watch her, the more convinced I am that she doesn't really want to be the next President.

I think she wants to be the next Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck - and she is going to succeed, big time.

maybe you are right, I don't think she can be as articulate as them, but she's got a nice little personality cult already, and that's probably sufficient.

With that said, I hope she runs

I'm actually looking forward to reading this book.

I'm going to approach it with a semi open mind and see where it takes me. I know a lot of people are going to read it simply to attack and criticize everything said in there. Not me.

Palin always says we got the wrong impression of her from the mainstream media. So here she is with this book now. Perfect chance to see if she's any different than the "media has portrayed her".

I actually think this is her course. I don't compare her to those two, maybe more of a Hannity/OReilly type. I think she realizes she can affect more people that way vs being president. Like it or not, its true that "famous" people have a lot of influence- especially "news media" (for lack of better words)

I'd def go if she was in this area. I am a fan. I'd like to see her address the newsweek article (i think it was newsweek) that lifted the picture of her from another magazine just to slam her.

Yeah, pretty messed up to do that. She didn't pose for that photo, but so many people will believe that she really did. It dimishes respect, and its total bull**** that women are treated in a way that is degrading, Democrat or Republican (but I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing Pelosi in short shorts on the cover of newsweek anytime soon).

they don't treat the men that way. When was the last time you heard the media say how fat one of the male politicians is, or ugly, or that his suits don't match. That crap should make any woman mad, not just conservatives.

I'd def go if she was in this area. I am a fan. I'd like to see her address the newsweek article (i think it was newsweek) that lifted the picture of her from another magazine just to slam her.

You can argue whether the photo was out of context. Palin claims it was sexist.

She was featured in an article in RunnersWorld and the text of the article was about running and what it meant to her. But she chose to have a picture taken in her running gear (short shorts showing alot of leg) leaning on the US flag in her office. That was the image Newsweek used as they felt she crossed a line.

Sarah Palin with flag - OK for political magazine

Sarah Palin posing in short shorts - appropriate for running magazine

Sarah Palin posing in short shorts with flag not appropriate for political magazine?

I won't read her book, I won't watch her interviews, I won't give her any of the attention that she wants. I can't say anything more about how awful Palin is for this country that hasn't already been said a million times over.

The most glaring line in her political career will be the words, "She quit." /political career.

I actually think this is her course. I don't compare her to those two, maybe more of a Hannity/OReilly type. I think she realizes she can affect more people that way vs being president. Like it or not, its true that "famous" people have a lot of influence- especially "news media" (for lack of better words)

Yeah, pretty messed up to do that. She didn't pose for that photo, but so many people will believe that she really did. It dimishes respect, and its total bull**** that women are treated in a way that is degrading, Democrat or Republican (but I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing Pelosi in short shorts on the cover of newsweek anytime soon).

they don't treat the men that way. When was the last time you heard the media say how fat one of the male politicians is, or ugly, or that his suits don't match. That crap should make any woman mad, not just conservatives.

Agreed. I think she is just held to a different standard thus all the hate but that is probably for a different thread.

Either way let us now how it goes.

Yeah, pretty messed up to do that. She didn't pose for that photo, but so many people will believe that she really did.

Actually, she did pose for it. Just not for Newsweek. It was for a running magazine.

It dimishes respect, and its total bull**** that women are treated in a way that is degrading, Democrat or Republican (but I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing Pelosi in short shorts on the cover of newsweek anytime soon).

I have always been offended by that. This is not a problem limited to Palin. The criticism that Pelosi and Michelle Obama and (especially) Hillary get over their looks is really over the top. It happens on this very board.

I remember one thread where people were just ripping into Pelosi for being such a hag. But she's almost 70 years old for god's sake, and this is the guy she replaced as Speaker.

hastert1003.jpg

Women do not get treated fairly on this front. No doubt about it.

I won't read her book, I won't watch her interviews, I won't give her any of the attention that she wants. I can't say anything more about how awful Palin is for this country that hasn't already been said a million times over.

The most glaring line in her political career will be the words, "She quit." /political career.

ehh don't worry about helping her. Giving attention to the vain is no help, it only pushes them farther into their own delusions. Let 'em basque in their greed and vanity. And let their followers revel in their leaders' material success. They'll all be worse off for it. It's kind of fun to see the "conservatives" or whatever the hell they refer to themselves now, get mired in group think and all other manners of circle jerk mentality. The more they do so the more they marginalize themselves. Of course, their celebrities (Beck, Palin etc) will all be disgustingly rich, but their followers will be worse of for it. Simply put, feed the troll, it may be better for us in the long run.

Archived