Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going Rogue- Sarah Palin's book tour

ljs

Wow been drinking a lot of the hater-aid have ya?

You really don't think she uses her kids as props? Sorry, but you must not have watched her campaign. BTW, I hate what she brings to politics which is populist drivel, empty headed slogans, oft repeated half truths and out right lies, and not a lick of comprehension about the way things really are.

I agree with him and have heard a lot of people on both sides of aisle say the same thing - but whatever.

I just find it interesting, whatever your views on Palin, that people have different standards for their own candidates.

Some of the arguments used against Palin are the ones that people use to support Obama. And this isn't just with this election it has happened time and time again with candidates from either side of the aisle.

I don't know 100% if Palin would be great for President but if she follows through her overall ideas of less gov't i.e. spending less and cutting then she cannot have done worse then Obama has done so far. But to each their own.

We have an unemployment rate of 10.5%, a war with a country Alexander The Great couldn't conquer, H1N1, etc. I hope Palin get's paid, and McCain is pimped out after trying to pimp her out. But if anyone feels gives her the necessary credibility to become the 45th president of the United States, stop it. Books are fine, but this is serious. If there is any indication of her fiscal policies, please share it. Other than that, she looks good with a shotgun, but not in the Oval office.

I'd take a sig bet on that one. Palin WILL NOT be the repub nomination for prez. THERE is ABSOLUTELY no way she has what it takes to be prez. No Way.

Wow we agree once again, two times in one week, that's gotta be a record or something. And while the :evilg: in me wishes she would get the GOP nomination because it would mean an easy win for Obama, I don't think that would be good for our country in the least.

You really don't think she uses her kids as props? Sorry, but you must not have watched her campaign. BTW, I hate what she brings to politics which is populist drivel, empty headed slogans, oft repeated half truths and out right lies, and not a lick of comprehension about the way things really are.

I think her family is part of who she is. If you think that is using them as props then maybe. But I find a lot of women are defined by their children they have reared. She didn't choose to stash them away but to mention them often. She seems proud of them.

As I mentioned above I find it very interesting because that is the same kind of slogans that first come to mind when I think of Obama. All speech no substance. To each their own I guess.

I'm kind of neutral on Sarah Palin. I thought her campagne speach at the GOP convention was brilliant. I thought she was a terrific VP nominee and really put some energy into the McCain Campagne. She dramatically helped that ticket.

I thought the Kaddy Curic interviews were obviously terrible for her.

I watched the Orah interviews last night. I thought she came across well. She had plausible explainations for the Kurric interview. Her statements were well thought out and I thought rang true. I thought it was bizzar her addressing the father of her grandsons actions. Didn't look good there taking a few jabs at him.

Over all a very positive interview, one which she came across well in. String a few of those together and she could be right in the mix for 2012, imo....

She's not the best credentialed candidate on the right, but she does have something the others don't.

We have an unemployment rate of 10.5%, a war with a country Alexander The Great couldn't conquer, H1N1, etc. I hope Palin get's paid, and McCain is pimped out after trying to pimp her out. But if anyone feels gives her the necessary credibility to become the 45th president of the United States, stop it. Books are fine, but this is serious. If there is any indication of her fiscal policies, please share it. Other than that, she looks good with a shotgun, but not in the Oval office.

Palin would be the ultimate Manchurian Candidate, we wouldn't be electing her instead we would be electing her handlers and that's scary.

You really don't think she uses her kids as props?

Sure she does. But is that really legitamate critism? Doesn't every politician do that?

Sorry, but you must not have watched her campaign. BTW, I hate what she brings to politics which is populist drivel, empty headed slogans, oft repeated half truths and out right lies, and not a lick of comprehension about the way things really are.

I don't like her politics either, but you have to hand it to her. She's good at it.

I'm sorry, but photos of people when they were in college do not represent what they are as adults. I'm no Palin fan, but there is nothing really wrong with that photo in the context of a dorm room, 25 years ago.

This is why I try to read all your political posts.

You show that it's possible to be staunchly on one side of the aisle without being an extremist bomb thrower.

I'm kind of neutral on Sarah Palin. I thought her campagne speach at the GOP convention was brilliant. I thought she was a terrific VP nominee and really put some energy into the McCain Campagne. She dramatically helped that ticket.

I thought the Kaddy Curic interviews were obviously terrible for her.

I watched the Orah interviews last night. I thought she came across well. She had plausible explainations for the Kurric interview. Her statements were well thought out and I thought rang true. I thought it was bizzar her addressing the father of her grandsons actions. Didn't look good there taking a few jabs at him.

Over all a very positive interview, one which she came across well in. String a few of those together and she could be right in the mix for 2012, imo....

She's not the best credentialed candidate on the right, but she does have something the others don't.

every once in awhile you pleasantly surprise me. (and not out of any love for Palin, just in the way you phrased your posts and the overall honest approach you just took).

I just find it interesting, whatever your views on Palin, that people have different standards for their own candidates.

Some of the arguments used against Palin are the ones that people use to support Obama. And this isn't just with this election it has happened time and time again with candidates from either side of the aisle.

I don't know 100% if Palin would be great for President but if she follows through her overall ideas of less gov't i.e. spending less and cutting then she cannot have done worse then Obama has done so far. But to each their own.

Not sure what you are saying in the first part of your post.

I can't recall Obama intentionally putting his children in the spotlight and then complaining about media bias and how they were exploiting his children.

To each his own is right - "can't do worse than Obama is doing" is entirely your opinion.

Wow we agree once again, two times in one week, that's gotta be a record or something. And while the :evilg: in me wishes she would get the GOP nomination because it would mean an easy win for Obama, I don't think that would be good for our country in the least.

Just curious as to what you mean by this line.

She wont win the primary. But if she did, she'd get slaughtered in the general.

Her negatives are eerily similar to Hillarys. She was the only person that could have lost to McCain in the general.

All of that said, it's a long way to 2011 primaries. Anything can happen. And we've all witnessed amazing reformations both positive and negative in politicians in that kind of timeframe.

Also, if Obama somehow bounces back and unemployment goes way down and wars end etc etc, alot of competetion on the GOP side may choose to sit out til 2016.

Don't know if you were planning on seeing her in Coeur d'Alene, but this particular schedule says she'll be there on Dec. 10th.

thanks, the newspaper said Dec 3rd.

Looks like her book tour is gonna tour "Real America", but not Kentucky I guess we're not "Real Americans", or maybe she doesn't like the fact that we have "Bluegrass".

She isn't going to sign books in Alaska either. Besides, aren't you glad she won't be in your state?

What specifically makes you a fan?

Not trying to be a smartarse, I am curious. I don't see a whole lot of substance to her and I am just wondering.

Putting her looks aside, cuz its no lie I think she is a good looking woman.

I'm mid level conservative- so I agree with her stance on many issues. Now I don't agree with all of her ideals, but do any of us agree 100% with any politician? I like that she is not a typical politician, that she speaks her mind and doesn't let people put her in a box.

I also like her drive. People underestimate her intelligence, but you can't be an idiot and run a state-even if it was for 18 months. Its like being a CEO of a company. I know that people laugh that she graduated from University of Idaho- like its some po-dunk no name university. That is offensive to the many who go there, including their law students. (yes, they have a law school). I hate that people think you are stupid unless you went to an ivy league school. Its surprising how many people think the things that Tina Fey said were actually things Sarah said.

That is a very small nutshell, but gives you an idea.

Sorry, I gave her a fair shot on the Opera interview.

The interview proved what I thought in the first place - the woman has no clue.

that is hilarious. You are using an Oprah as a litmus test? Might as well elect Tom Cruise.

We have an unemployment rate of 10.5%, a war with a country Alexander The Great couldn't conquer,

Alexander the Great did conquer modern day Afghanistan... He got all the way to India from Greece.

But if anyone feels gives her the necessary credibility to become the 45th president of the United States, stop it.

She's got a huge following, and puts a lot of energy into the GOP. They need that. I think she will be a player in 2012. She's just too damned popular not to be.

Sure she does. But is that really legitamate critism? Doesn't every politician do that?

No not all of them do, and most in presidential politics leave their kids out of it lest they become targets for criticism.

I don't like her politics either, but you have to hand it to her. She's good at it.

No I don't, she's a female Glenn Beck nothing more and its what the GOP base was salivating for when they could have had a legitimate shot at the White House with Kay Bailey Hutchison instead they chose Palin. :doh:

that is hilarious. You are using an Oprah as a litmus test? Might as well elect Tom Cruise.

Where did I say that?

I'd say the combination of the Couric interview, Oprah interview, and the hours and hours she spent in front of the television during the election last year gave me enough to make a judgement on the woman.

The Oprah interview just further cemented what I already thought about her. Except I was even more surprised at the jabs she took at Couric - how ridiculous.

She wont win the primary. But if she did, she'd get slaughtered in the general.

Yep, I agree; I would give her a better chance of coming out of the primary than winning the general election. Then again she's one of the few candidates on the right who keep GW's politicla machine in tact...

Bush showed you could drive to the right and still win in the general election.

She's got a huge following, and puts a lot of energy into the GOP. They need that. I think she will be a player in 2012. She's just too damned popular not to be.

How huge can the following be? I saw some stat on Fox News the other day where they said something like less than 30% of registered voters had a favorable opinion of Palin.

Archived