Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going Rogue- Sarah Palin's book tour

ljs

Hey ljs, I hope you get your autograph and don't get too cold.

But I will never understand your obsession with Peggy Hill.

<cartoon pic>

:evilg:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

ok, that was hilarious....

Edit: Just went by the store she will be at, and there are already about 100 people waiting to line up. They won't let people line up until 11pm (9:25p here now). I'm seriously packing up and going to head back in a few hours. Figure whoever is staying all night is prob already there, then a wave early morning. This is crazy, but wtf... It'll be fun. I'm charging my phone so I can take some photos, will post tomorrow.

It's 12 degrees, but we are all staying warm. About 200 people in line, some with tents. Most like me just bundled in a sleeping bag. Fun convo's, happen to be in line with a great group of ladies. We are a few who can't sleep, prob won't. So excited!

I've never quite gotten into the autograph seeking thing. I'm not sure if there is anybody for whom I would camp out just to meet (esp. for only thirty seconds). That's worse than a thrill ride line at Disneyland. Still, I certainly can respect the effort. I hope you have fun and do make some cool memories.

(What's even weirder is when people ask me for my autograph. It doesn't happen a lot obviously, but there have been a couple of times when people have recognized my voice or just saw me talking with someone "known" with a mic and they then want a picture with me. That's just bizzarre to me. I'll do it, but it's still odd.)

Burgold, I really couldnt care less about the autograph, I just want to meet her.

10 degrees now, about 6am and I have been awake for 24 hrs. Crowd about 300 now.

Oddly enough, this has been a very memorable night and having fun.

Burgold, I really couldnt care less about the autograph, I just want to meet her.

10 degrees now, about 6am and I have been awake for 24 hrs. Crowd about 300 now.

Best way to meet her is to throw a fundraiser for her. Wouldn't be hard to fake. Just create the illusion of a ten thousand dollar a plate deal and invite her to be the recipient of the funds or the funds on her behalf of a cause she reportedly believes in. Your military and police contacts would probably make it even easier to pull this off.

She'll show and when she gets to the deserted warehouse on Bleeker Street you can have all the time with her that you want.... standing in line for 12 hours outside a bookstore is just plain lazy and shows no true dedication to your potential stalkerage.

I really couldnt care less about the autograph, I just want to meet her.

I will never understand that type of behavior

I am glad ya are having fun though...you only live once.:cool:

although sitting out all night in 10 degree weather makes me wonder how long it will be..you're made out of tougher stuff than me.

been up 33 hours (my fault since I didn't take a nap before my all night adventure.) I gotta get some sleep. But real quick, meeting her was really cool. She did more than just shake your hand and say hi. She wanted to know our names, what we did. Todd was there and chatted with me for a sec, said Merry Christmas. I just thanked her for her public service and wished her good luck in the future. She extended her hand to me two more times after I shook Todds hand. It was almost like she wanted to say more. Both of them were so nice. And, she is tiny. Seriously, she is so little from what I expected. I know she isn't very tall and is in good shape, but she is even more beautiful in person. (and little!). I also met her aunt and Todds nephew. Every one was so nice, so personable. (not that they wouldn't be).

One lady I met in line knew Sarah from Wasilla, was in beauty pagents with her in 83/84 and hadn't seen her since. Sarah knew right away who she was, and gave her a hug. They chatted for several minutes sharing memories. Had nice convo's with that lady about Sarah during that time. I did meet a few others who have known her throughout her life, and everyone just adores Sarah, and her entire family.

Anyway, I have some pics (not of her though due to book signing rules by publisher)- will post after I get some sleep.

Archived