Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPost: Jon Stewart Catches Sean Hannity Falsifying Footage...

AsburySkinsFan

Anybody that gets their news from CNN, MSNBC, HLnews, FOX News... or Comedy Central!!!, which is far more ignorant than the other 4... should be smacked in the face and removed from the gene pool.

That's not "NEWS" in the traditional sense. It's "News Commentary". :doh:

MSNBC is trying to do the same thing with the talking heads that Fauk News does but the fact is they are horrible at it. Olberman is just as bad but like other people have stated he has no real influence.

What always struck me as ironic was how the people watching Fox News are also probably the same people who would protest the tv shows that Fox chooses to run on their regular affiliates.

you are truly delusional...

enjoy

LOL. I had already predicted someone would roll out this one particular clip: The one clip that right-wingers always roll one for MSNBC. Meanwhile, we have 100x more clips of Fox News distortions that we can produce to counter your sole piece of "evidence."

A lame attempt to excuse away Hannity's distortion and falsification . . .

I was kinda surprised last night, at 9 pm, when I was channel surfing to find coverage on the execution. Fox news was too busy pimping their party line politics to stop and cover the execution. Unbelievable.

That is typical of Fox -- when I surf to CNN, they have some story relevant to today's news. When I surf to Fox, they have some op-ed piece on the Democrats or Obama.

CNN is certainly not perfect, but at least you can actually watch "the news" throughout most of their programming.

Okay everybody, repeat after me:

FOX news sucks. MSNBC sucks. CNN Sucks. Jon Stewart Sucks. If any of you are that juvenile to listen to anything these "news people" are trying to spew to the American public, then you all are playing right into their hands. The point of these news (no make that entertainment) organizations is to mislead you, and pit one side against the other. To repeat one more time, ALL MAJOR NEWS ORGANIZATIONS SUCK!!!! Pay them no attention, and go look up REAL news organizations that don't cater to the lowest common denominator (ie, all of you arguing and shouting for nothing in this thread).

See how simple that was? This will save a whole lot of time and pointless arguments.

So Huffington post has now passed Newsmax and is coming up on Boston Globe Status?

Though i get my news from

Fark, ES and Southpark.. i like to stay up on things without the depression aftertaste.

HuffPo is not even comparable to NewsMax, which is the Fox News of the Internet world. NewsMax has little qualms in passing along the right-wing distortions that become memes.

MSNBC is trying to do the same thing with the talking heads that Fauk News does but the fact is they are horrible at it. Olberman is just as bad but like other people have stated he has no real influence.

What always struck me as ironic was how the people watching Fox News are also probably the same people who would protest the tv shows that Fox chooses to run on their regular affiliates.

I mainly agree. Bottom line to me, Fox is generally pathetic and the worst of an unsavory group of TV media, though lately after a long time of "owning the field" they are being more challenged in that pathetic nature by MSNBC, and all for commercial purposes.

I have noted the dichotomy myself that while I have litle respect for Fox's news product, they offer some of my favorite (and of a very diverse nature) entertainment TV. :D

MSNBC is also a loser news-wise but NBC entertainment programming has some winners too. Now that we're at it, I guess I'm grateful all the networks have better heads of entertainment than news departments. It used to be in the old days that the big 3 news broadcasts were good shows to watch. Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley, Howard K. Smith etc. all had their political leanings but the overall quality of journalism, balance, and lack of "show biz" element was notably better IMO compared to today's standard fare.

BTW, Stewart absolutely does go after the right more than the left, and is great at it, and is usually on point despite the selective targeting. This is a clear "bust." Period. No big, it just is and is unfortunately typical. I'm figuring we won't see a significantly popular right-side version of this show anytime soon, any more than we will see a significantly popular left leaning talk radio host. Interesting speculation as to "why?" available in that idea.

On another matter:

While this thread got a bit contentious, there is only one poster who qualified for a ban. But I am not going to ban him. I will see if he can figure it out and will just put the posts in his user notes. That means that being given a break this time implies "the next time" the hammer will fall twice as hard, if he cares.

Okay everybody, repeat after me:

FOX news sucks. MSNBC sucks. CNN Sucks. Jon Stewart Sucks. If any of you are that juvenile to listen to anything these "news people" are trying to spew to the American public, then you all are playing right into their hands. The point of these news (no make that entertainment) organizations is to mislead you, and pit one side against the other. To repeat one more time, ALL MAJOR NEWS ORGANIZATIONS SUCK!!!! Pay them no attention, and go look up REAL news organizations that don't cater to the lowest common denominator.

See how simple that was? This will save a whole lot of time and pointless arguments.

No, we won't repeat after you, because they all aren't the same. They simply aren't. Granted, corporate-owned news have areas worthy of criticism, and we should raise our voices when these faults become apparent and evident, but this seems like excuse #4 for Fox: "All media are the same!"

I reject the idea that we should ignore Fox's distortions just because you feel there is little difference between them. Especially when Fox has an influence on millions of Americans and their opinions.

Baculus,

While I agree with you that FOX does distort the truth and causes deception, I really for the life of me can't understand why people get so worked up with news organizations like their side is being personally attacked. I see virtually no difference between the Hannity's, O'Reily's, Olbermann's and Maddow's of the world. They are all opinion shows that shouldn't be paid any attention by competent individuals. When I view programmng from FOX and MSNBC, it leaves me in awe how left out we are in terms of real news in this country.

We the people deserve better news programming.

You now know my "preferred source of information"? Man you are just pathetic. Believe it or not I watch more MSNBC than Fox. I watch Fox rarely. That's because when I have the time to watch TV, which is not much compared to others here, Fox never has anything of interest too me. Well there you go Einstein. Back to you leftist talking points.

Hmm, then I wonder why you are going out of your way to defend Fox. And for some reason, I find it hard to believe you watch MSNBC more than Fox. I don't know why -- maybe because half of your own talking points are straight out of Sean Hannity or Glenn Beck.

The irony is that the phrase, "leftist talking point," is a right-wing talking point, used to dismiss anyone that you feel doesn't align with your political views.

This I agree with 110%, the problem that I see is that some folks think Beck, and Hannity are quality programming and they have no issue with quoting them repeatedly even while knowing that they routinely present outright distortions and blatant falsehoods, not to mention playing shenanigans with deceitful video editing.

Baculus,

While I agree with you that FOX does distort the truth and causes deception, I really for the life of me can't understand why people get so worked up with news organizations like their sde is being personally attacked. I see virtually no difference between the Hannity's, O'Reily's, Olbermann's and Maddow's of the world. They are all opinion shows that shouldn't be paid any attention by competent individuals. When I view programmng from FOX and MSNBC, it leaves me in awe how left out we are in terms of real news in this country.

Because it is an affront to those of us who expect some sort of journalistic integrity to see Fox "get away with it." When MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS -- whoever -- makes an error, typically (not always, but often enough) heads roll (such as Dan Rather's contract not being renewed), retractions are submitted, apologies are announced, etc. In short, at least there is an attempt at responsibility with their reporting.

Compare this to Fox, which knowingly lies and distorts -- frequently. Often enough that we post about this stuff on a regular basis. And not only do they do it frequently, but they are predictable, such as labeling Marc Sanford as a "D" for Democrat when Fox reported on his situation. (This wasn't the first time they had labeled Republicans as Democrats when the individual was in some sort of trouble. None of the other media sources have ever done this.)

Do you really expect any retractions or apologies from Fox? Have you ever seen any of their correspondents punished for malformed reporting?

Olbermann and Maddow are totally different than the Fox News pundits you mentioned. Spend any amount of time watching them and you will see an immediate difference -- then tend to be reactive, more than anything else, to the stuff produced by the right-wing. Also, both of these people make no bones about their programs being opinion-based segments which discuss topical subjects.

I can agree with that statement, but ignoring Fox News Channel, instead of demanding honesty and integrity, is not a good way of going about that.

There is better news programming out there. PBS does a fantastic job. They might not get the attention of FOX, but they actually have a fairly large nightly audience. And they aren't beholden to the ratings games played by everyone else. You should give them a shot.

There is better news programming out there. PBS does a fantastic job.

Nope can't watch PBS because they are part of the liberal MSM, Fox has created a distortion where they have convinced a certain percentage of the public that they are the only news source that can be trusted because every other news organization is corrupted by the liberal elites.

There is better news programming out there. PBS does a fantastic job. They might not get the attention of FOX, but they actually have a fairly large nightly audience. And they aren't beholden to the ratings games played by everyone else. You should give them a shot.

PBS? Yeah right. That place is a liberal nut house.

I guess this is what I don't get...why people can't get over their hate for Fox News. :whoknows:

Seriously, if you think it's slanted (and don't even try to start blasting me as a naive believer because I readily admit that the editorial shows like Hannity, Huckabee, O'Reilly are slanted), DON'T WATCH THE CHANNEL.

Personally, I don't give a rip what you believe in politically, I just find this incessant whining about FoxNews to be increasingly annoying as hell. Get over it. Move on. Take your enlightened minds and watch something else. Good Lord.

I guess this is what I don't get...why people can't get over their hate for Fox News. :whoknows:

Seriously, if you think it's slanted (and don't even try to start blasting me as a naive believer because I readily admit that the editorial shows like Hannity, Huckabee, O'Reilly are slanted), DON'T WATCH THE CHANNEL.

Personally, I don't give a rip what you believe in politically, I just find this incessant whining about FoxNews to be increasingly annoying as hell. Get over it. Move on. Take your enlightened minds and watch something else. Good Lord.

Honestly, its because people are influenced by news channels. And a lot of people get some really bad info, and purposely misleading info, from FoxNews and think its accurate. Its really just a disdain for dishonesty and the affect it has on others that gets people mad.

No One?? Better check the ratings. More people watch them them the other 2 major cable outlets combined!!! And I certainly don't recall you indignation at all the deceptions of the left. You do know that's where it started right. The left the side you so hold on too with shear devotion. There's more demonstrative lying & deception and agitprop of the left than there is on the right. But alas I know your myopia will never tolerate an "objective" analysis of the situation. By the way is Pelosi your representative?

LOL. Is that your defense? That a lot of people watch FNC, so it is acceptable for Sean Hannity to falsify his programming? So you are fine with these sort of tactics because, again, "the other side does it"? You can't think of any other defense other than this cliche?

Incredible. :doh:

"Better check the ratings" isn't even a sensible retort to what I posted in the first place, either.

The rest of your post is filled with red herrings, worthy of Fox News. You can't even talk about this subject, in your rabid defense of Fox, without bringing up Nancy Pelosi, which is a rather bizarre and out-of-left field aside.

And you know what is ultimately said? You don't even try to condemn Hannity for lying. You accept it, you're fine with it, and you would rather make excuses for it. You are as credible as the network to whom you apparently owe your allegiance.

Archived