Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No trick: 2,000 kids knocking on White House door

Switchgear

Anyone here taking their kids to the White House tonight? I imagine there was some sort of signup and background check for the parents. At least, I hope so.

http://wtopnews.com/?nid=596&sid=1800019

WASHINGTON (AP) - It's the ultimate trick-or-treating treasure, that one house on the block that offers the coolest candy and surprises galore.

This year it's the big gated place on Pennsylvania Avenue, No. 1600. Welcome to the White House, boys and girls.

President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama awaited more than 2,000 children Saturday night from the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. The Obamas themselves were to spend time handing out goodies to the trick-or-treaters on the most famous front porch in America, the North Portico.

What do you get for Halloween at the White House?

Not bad, kids: A box of White House M&Ms with the president's signature imprinted on it, a sweet dough butter cookie made by White House pastry chef Bill Yosses, a National Park Foundation Ranger activity book, and a serving of dried fruit mix made up of cherries, apricots, pears, apples and papayas.

By early afternoon, a big, stuffed, black spider was dangling in a web of string from the top of the portico, and pumpkins had sprouted up around the columns. The White House will be lit orange for the occassion, and three giants pumpkins _ about 1,000 pounds each _ will be on the grounds.

Gotta say that's a ballsy move by the Prez, which earns some respect from me.

(Though George H.W. did it, too)

To surround yourself with 2,000 kids (and their parents, perhaps ?) who are concealed with disguises.

**EDIT : Disclaimer : I'm sure the Secret Service knows a little more than I do, about this matter. :)

I think Obama should have entered the room wearing a Bush or Rush mask.

Sounds like an awesome time. How cool would it be to trick or treat at the White House and meet a President. The only President I got to meet personally so far (well, personally being within 50 feet) was Reagan. A very cool memory even as a jaded teen.

Looks like it was fun.

capt.5dde83335706464ebfec3b24076a5421.obama_halloween_whmc110.jpg

Well, mostly:

r4187047221.jpg

The caption:Members of the protest group Code Pink taunt local school children with chants about the war in Afghanistan as the children and their families arrive for a Halloween reception by U.S. President Barack Obama and his family at the White House in Washington, October 31, 2009.

Aw, that's so cool! That's such a neat opportunity for these kiddos...I'd totally do this type of stuff for kids all the time if I was the first lady.

Oh yeah, and SCREW those code pink witches for protesting during a kids' party. Let the children HAVE FUN you stupid wenches! Good Lordie, I can't stand that ridiculous group.

Damn democrats, they start them out early don't they? Going to the White House looking for handouts. Get a job and buy your own candy, freeloaders.

Lolol!

Archived