Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was I right or just a jerk during the MNF Eagles game

Ned Flanders

I don't see a problem at all. I'm sick of Redskins' fans giving other teams' fans a "warm welcome." Even on this board. They're the enemy. I have nothing but contempt for other NFC East teams. I mean, don't be abusive and keep it clean, but other than that, everything's game.

Against other NFC East teams and fans, I think we should have the attitude that Joey Porter has at the beginning of this video, where he gets pissed cause Mike Nugent is practicing on his side of the field.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80a9ecc9/NFL-GameDay-Jets-vs-Dolphins-highlights

I don't see a problem at all. I'm sick of Redskins' fans giving other teams' fans a "warm welcome." Even on this board. They're the enemy. I have nothing but contempt for other NFC East teams. I mean, don't be abusive and keep it clean, but other than that, everything's game.

Against other NFC East teams and fans, I think we should have the attitude that Joey Porter has at the beginning of this video, where he gets pissed cause Mike Nugent is practicing on his side of the field.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80a9ecc9/NFL-GameDay-Jets-vs-Dolphins-highlights

Being a jerk is being a jerk... no matter who you root for.

...are you saying we should beat up one of our left tackles?

I don't want people to fear for their safety if they come to FedEx to root for the visiting team. However, I'd like for them to think twice about whether or not they want to deal with three hours of being told their team sucks. Nevertheless, I think that the original poster did a huge service to his fellow Skins fans, and I applaud him for it. I only have two seats so odds would be against me being able to do something like that, but I would have done the same thing. Part of the problem is that we're so accomodating to away fans; why wouldn't they want to continue coming? I'd never threaten someone rooting for the other team, but I certainly don't treat them with dignity and respect either. Basically, I just remove the human element from the entire argument when it comes to visiting fans...if you're rooting for the opponent, you're a worthless piece of trash and should be treated as such. And I've been to a game in Philly, so anyone that thinks our fans aren't treated in a worse manner up there is just wrong.

Sounds like a couple of jerks found each other. Philly fans for sneaking around trying to get more than they paid for, and the seat owner for making something out of nothing. I guess that's the reason us Redskins fans are earining the reputation we're getting.

Never in my life have I seen as many people jumping seats in a Redskins game as I did on Monday. It was unreal. Every time I left my seat, someone would be there when I got back, and there must have been 25 different people throughout the game sitting by us in the surrounding area, coming and going.

If you buy a ticket, sit in your damn seat.

Am I an ******* for doing this? I have 6 seats on section 402, and I was only occupying 4 because 2 other people I was with snuck down closer to the field. So that left two empty seats. Well sitting next to those two were a skins fan with a philly fan - they had someone join them, and they moved into my empty seats. I didn't realize it for about 5 minutes, but once I did, I looked at the philly fan and said "Since you are a philly fan you can't sit in my seat!" He looked at me like I was crazy, so I pulled out the ticket stub with the seat number he was sitting in. He moved, and then his skins buddy stayed. I then looked at the skins fan, and told him, "Since you brought an eagles fan with you to the game, you can't sit in my seats either" and made him move. My wife thought it was funny, but someone sitting behind me said it wasn't cool, which I disagreed with. Your thoughts?

do you plan on keeping your season tix for next year? how do you feel about that money going to snyder?

Here's the thing: How are we, as Redskins fans, any different than other dirtbag fans from other teams if we do stuff like that? Took my brother and Dad with me to the game-6 of us altogether, brother and dad are Eagles fans. My dad never said a word to anyone, my brother cheered for his team, but didn't antagonize or "flaunt" anyone, not saying a word to any Skins fans (other than me, of course). He caught heck the whole game from multiple crappy Skins fans behind us. By the 4th quarter, after listening to a persistent guy name calling, etc., when he called him a "ugly word for homo" Eagles fan, I was done. I turned around and told him that it would be wise to keep his mouth shut. (Don't mess with my family, especially when you don't know me.) At the end of the game, when he told my brother to, "Go stick your **Richard** in your mother", they had to pull me back from whipping the poop out of him. So, you hear all sorts of stuff about what "mean", "rude", fans other teams have, but it's pretty sad when our team is 2-5, and people are talking trash like we're undefeated. Makes me embarassed to be a fan with idiots like that behind me.

So, as I climb off my :soapbox:, yeah OP, I think that making them move was kind of a douchebag move, if they weren't doing anything other than watching the game.

i think you were well within your right to tell them to move , however i think it was a bit of a jerk move.....

i would like to think that if i was to attend a skins titans game in nashville that people wouldnt treat me that way.....

but to each their own.....

Am I an ******* for doing this? I have 6 seats on section 402, and I was only occupying 4 because 2 other people I was with snuck down closer to the field. So that left two empty seats. Well sitting next to those two were a skins fan with a philly fan - they had someone join them, and they moved into my empty seats. I didn't realize it for about 5 minutes, but once I did, I looked at the philly fan and said "Since you are a philly fan you can't sit in my seat!" He looked at me like I was crazy, so I pulled out the ticket stub with the seat number he was sitting in. He moved, and then his skins buddy stayed. I then looked at the skins fan, and told him, "Since you brought an eagles fan with you to the game, you can't sit in my seats either" and made him move. My wife thought it was funny, but someone sitting behind me said it wasn't cool, which I disagreed with. Your thoughts?

lol, props to you!

Your seat, your call.

Not really the same, but I used to work at an auto parts store and if it was a cowboy fan I was helping I would always sell them the most expensive part. Oh the fun. :)

Here's the thing: How are we, as Redskins fans, any different than other dirtbag fans from other teams if we do stuff like that?...

Isn't it sad that as a fan base we feel we need to get at other peoples fans to show we are somehow superior? We are a laughing stock on the field, bullying the opposition fans, who probably paid for tickets somewhere else is just kind of silly. What ever happened to the Golden Rule anyways?

Archived