Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was I right or just a jerk during the MNF Eagles game

Ned Flanders

I pretty much do.

I do hate the people you're describing. Those type of patrons are definitely the kind you notice who have no clue or consideration for others.

Where do you normally sit at games?

I'm gonna assume it's somewhere desirable if squatters are that big of a problem. Obviously not the outfield in Nats park or the corners of the 400 level at FedEx.

Take it for what it's worth, but I wouldn't get into a whizzing match with the mods over the profanity filters.

I did that on an Oriole board upon which I used to post. I got a nasty email one day from the MOD regarding my use of a profanity filter. It kind of had a passive aggressive feel to it in that I hadn't broken the rules, but I had the nerve to come up to the line and thumb my nose at him. I emailed him back and told him where he could shove his profanity filter, and was promptly banned from the board. Keep in mind, I didn't post any of this on the board itself, it was just in an email back and forth. I re-registered using my work email address, sent the MOD a message to the effect that I had gotten back on whether he liked it or not, and then canceled the account before I got thrown off again. I'm not saying that I think it's okay for every word out of your mouth to be a swear word, but I was raised under the presumtption that if you go into public, you deal with public language. And the internet is a public place. If you politely ask me to tone my language down I'll probably do it, but this guy came across as a jerk, so I was an even bigger jerk back to him. Ultimately I got banned, but so what?! If he's that offended by profanity (or even just the filters) at least I got to his goat a bit.

I do hate the people you're describing. Those type of patrons are definitely the kind you notice who have no clue or consideration for others.

Where do you normally sit at games?

I'm gonna assume it's somewhere desirable if squatters are that big of a problem. Obviously not the outfield in Nats park or the corners of the 400 level at FedEx.

I have a friend who sells me 2 seats for 2 games a year. Not sure of the section, but they are endzone, 3 rows above the dream seats. Don't get me wrong, I know that I am very lucky to have access to these seats and I don't complain when people come down, pre-game, to take photos or just look at the field. Small price to pay for being fortunate enough to be able to use these seats.

I hate that our fanbase thinks that we shouldn't harrass people rooting for the other team. Sure we shouldn't threaten them or anything, but if they're going to come to OUR STADIUM, they should have to hear how bad their team and their city sucks (regardless of what our record is or anything like that). If someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night and you have a means to defend yourself, do you sit there wondering what the act of you striking a burglar "says about our society" or anything like that? Hopefully not.

What gives us the right to harass people for any reason? Seriously, are you there to watch the game, and root for your team, or to be a pain in the behind to everyone around you? I just don't understand this mentality, now if it was a full game, and you had people sitting in those seats then sure ask them politely to go find their correct seats, but I don't see how we can pride ourselves as having better fan behavior than philly or new york, and then do this kind of thing in our own house, it just sounds hypocritical to me.

I'm sorry but you came off as a bit of an ass. I can understand you being upset with dude for bringing a Philly fan to the game, but they were just doing the same thing that your buds did. oh well, all fair in love and Skins fandom.

What gives us the right to harass people for any reason? Seriously, are you there to watch the game, and root for your team, or to be a pain in the behind to everyone around you? I just don't understand this mentality, now if it was a full game, and you had people sitting in those seats then sure ask them politely to go find their correct seats, but I don't see how we can pride ourselves as having better fan behavior than philly or new york, and then do this kind of thing in our own house, it just sounds hypocritical to me.

I've said this before, but I don't want a visiting fan to fear for his safety when he comes to FedEx Field. Under no circumstances should anyone ever be threatened, regardless of who he's rooting for. But harrassment is another story...if you come to FedEx Field and root for the other team, I'm going to harrass you. And if you want to be a sissy and hide behind the coat tails of the event staff by complaining, then you're a fainthearted ninny in my opinion. That's what I don't get about a lot of these visiting fans...they have this sense of entitlement and they feel that Redskin fans have no business talking to them. The difference between us and Philly is that people are threatened there; we've all heard the stories, so there's no need to recount any of that. If you go to a road game with your team you should expect to be harrassed, and if you're stunned that's the case, you have no business being a sportsfan.

I've said this before, but I don't want a visiting fan to fear for his safety when he comes to FedEx Field. Under no circumstances should anyone ever be threatened, regardless of who he's rooting for. But harrassment is another story...if you come to FedEx Field and root for the other team, I'm going to harrass you. And if you want to be a sissy and hide behind the coat tails of the event staff by complaining, then you're a fainthearted ninny in my opinion. ....
I normally go to 1-2 away games per season. And more than half the time, I'm alerting event security because of idiots harassing me. I can take some regular smack, that's fine, but throwing stuff at me, taking my hat, stuff like that, I go to security. No hesitation.

I normally go to 1-2 away games per season. And more than half the time, I'm alerting event security because of idiots harassing me. I can take some regular smack, that's fine, but throwing stuff at me, taking my hat, stuff like that, I go to security. No hesitation.

I would agree...anyone that's throwing things at other people or interfering with their person (ie-taking their hat) should be reported.

Archived