Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proposed Rule: no HTTR band if we're down by 8 or more.

MTechnik

Whatever!!! The band is a tradition of this team. Win or lose they still show up every week and play for the fans. You all talk about fairweather fans and all the b.s. (like half of you even know the meaning) but you only want the band to play when the weather is fair. Go on man, let them play. If anything I think you should be for the front office fining the players for B.S. celebrations when losing by 8 or more.

Whatever!!! The band is a tradition of this team. Win or lose they still show up every week and play for the fans. You all talk about fairweather fans and all the b.s. (like half of you even know the meaning) but you only want the band to play when the weather is fair. Go on man, let them play. If anything I think you should be for the front office fining the players for B.S. celebrations when losing by 8 or more.

Noone is saying ditch the band. Just don't go and play HTTR when we're getting spanked, down by more than a score even AFTER the TD we just got.

It's like celebration dances for garbage time TDs when your team is the one getting spanked.

Noone is saying ditch the band. Just don't go and play HTTR when we're getting spanked, down by more than a score even AFTER the TD we just got.

It's like celebration dances for garbage time TDs when your team is the one getting spanked.

Celebrating in garbage time is nothing but showboating and I absolutely hate it. As a matter of fact I could do without most of the celebrations at any point in the game. Some celebrations are funny and well thought out, others are just stupid.

I know you werent saying ditch the band. I dont think there is a fan out there that would say that. I just think they shouldnt be criticized for playing when we are down. You ever see the movie titanic? That band played all the way till their lips were at water level. They band plays no matter how bad the team is. They should be commended for even showing up. Its almost like youre saying that fans should pack up and leave after 3 quarters of ****ty play and no chance of coming back. I dont think that the one who do are less of a fan but I stay the entire game and still cheer the team on, though it is a little less illustrated when we are stinking it up like this season. My point is this, the cheerleaders are out there dancing away, the fans are in the stands cheering and booing, and the band is playing regardless of what the score is. And I dont have a problem with any of it.

I heard them blasting it at the end of the game.

WTF man

When I heard this I almost teared up a little last night. The straight incompetence of this organization is monumental.

I LOVE THE BAND not trashing on them just that fact that the snyderatto would order them to play after a lame loss. You know that is where it is coming from.

I dont care about the band playing. I agree that it is tradition. But I do care about the announcer yelling FIRST DOOOOOOOOOWN REDSKINS when we are down by a lot. Even though at the game yesterday, he did tone it down some near the end of the 3rd QTR.

like a college band, you play the fight song at the end of the game, win or lose. I don't see the problem, it's just a song and no matter what, I like hearing it. This is part of fan spirit, at least show that we're sticking through this. All of us are tired as hell as fans, but whatever, I'm sure everyone posting in this thread, including myself, is not jumping ship anytime soon.

HTTR should be played after a TG, FG, or at end of game. As far as I know, that's been the tradition and shouldn't be changed.

What I HATE is when they play a pre-recorded version randomly during the first half, showing black and white pictures of the glory days. No one is ever into it, and I'm tired of the organization trying to go back to their connection of the glory days in an effort to sustain fan goodwill.

WTF? Are you guys serious?

The band should always play HTTR after EVERY score. No matter what the score. You guys need to realize this is a rich and proud franchise. It's an old tradition. It's a Redskins tradition. It's bigger than our current situation. It's bigger than Coach Zorn. It's bigger than Dan Snyder (actually, anything is bigger than Dan, he's a short dude :hysterical:).

So what you guys are suggesting is we should all shut up until we are within 8 points? Give me a break.:doh:

It used to be that they would play HTTR prior to the game, every time we scored (including field goals and safeties), occasionally in a special half-time show, and at the end of a game.

I guess we are not scoring enough because yesterday it seemed like they were playing it every five minutes. Perhaps they wanted to give of the illusion that we were scoring more.:chair:

THE CONSTANT

Hogetts - Unchanged

Band & HTTR - Unchanged

Redskin Cheer Leaders - Unchanged

Chief Zee - Unchanged

-------------------

THE TURMOIL

Stadium - Griffith Stadium, RFK Stadium, FedEx Field - changed

Owners - George Preston Marshall, Jack Kent Cook, John Kent Cook (Interim), Dan Snyder - changed

GM - Bobby Bethard, Charlie Casserly, [Marty Schottenheimer], Vinnie Carretto - changed

Coach - Joe Gibbs I, Richie Petibtbon, Norv Turner, Terry Robiskie, Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier, Joe Gibbs II, Jim Zorn - changed

QBs - Mark Rypien, Gus Frerotte, John Friesz, Heath Shuler, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Green, Brad Johnson, Jeff George, Tony Banks, Shane Matthews, Patrick Ramsey, Danny Wuerffel, Tim Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell, Jason Campbell & Todd Collins - constant change

Defense - Pettibone, Mike Nolan, Marvin Lewis, Kurt Schottenheimer, Gregg Williams, Greg Blache - changed, but pretty much the same

Offense - HOGS, DirtBags, dust, mudpuddles - change for the worst

Archived