Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proposed Rule: no HTTR band if we're down by 8 or more.

MTechnik

I don't mind them playing it when we're down.

But stop playing in at random times in a middle of a quarter when we haven't scored. Its insulting

I really dont see a point in them playing HTTR at random points but dont disagree with it. Would you also be for the cheerleaders to be ushered into the locker room or secluded on the side line until they seem to have some sort of meaning there on the sideline? Essentially they serve the same purpose. The main difference is they look good out there while the band only sounds good.

I would really like to know who feels insulted by the sound of HTTR at random times. I just dont see how anybody could interpret that as an insult. If anything is insulting it would be the way Cerratto questions every single fans intelligence by keeping on throwing b.s. excuses out there. Thats insulting, not the band.

My first reaction was "Thank God!" It is hard to hear HTTR when we are getting crushed and score some meaningless points late. That said, a moment's consideration and some reflection on the opinion of others leads me to be part of the "you can't mess with tradition" club. Rather then dumping the traditions we still have we should seek to reclaim some of the traditions we've lost. I'd like to see us start with the tradition of winning.

I don't know. Maybe my memory is a bit off,but I seem to remember the band playing HTTR at different times other than the team scoring for a very long time now. Would swear that more than once the station carrying the game would come out of commercial and I heard HTTR in the background at times. Could be wrong though.

Oh. And they can play it whenever as far as I'm concerned. It's one of the few constants the team has left.

Archived