Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: Cooley's injury news

themurf

Silver lining in this. This season is lost, let Cooley get healed up and we can see if we actually have a player in Fred Davis now.

Id rather let davis play the rest of this year then try to trade HIM for some draft picks. He's a good reciever but his blocking isn't good, which is going to be needed from tight ends on this team. Cooley is a better fit for the system, let Fred go crazy then dump him in the offseason while his stock is high.

Short term pain, long term gain hopefully for the team overall.

I'm really hoping it's an injury that heals 'solidly', and not a Lisfranc-type injury which I've heard can take multiple seasons to recover from, and possibly never heal fully.

Exactly, lets hope this is an 8-10 week thing that heals and he is ready for off season training with no long term affects.

Just get better Chris.

I just saw Cooley at Fuddrucker's for lunch. He was with his wife. I went and talked to him and said, "sorry for bothering you, but I just wanted to wish him a speedy recovery." He said thanks but things weren't looking good for coming back this year. His wife had to go up and get his meal for him. But they were both really nice and he offered me a fist pump as I was leaving the restaurant.

I haven't been able to check out the blogspot info from Liz above yet, but I've heard rumors that it was a broken bone in his leg, very close to the ankle. This is actually supposedly worse/more serious than a break further up the leg (hence the need for surgery) but actually can mend more quickly because of the surgery. Are there any doctors here that can explain it better?

I haven't been able to check out the blogspot info from Liz above yet, but I've heard rumors that it was a broken bone in his leg, very close to the ankle. This is actually supposedly worse/more serious than a break further up the leg (hence the need for surgery) but actually can mend more quickly because of the surgery. Are there any doctors here that can explain it better?

That's what it looks like in the x-ray.

Tanner (the Dr.) calls it a fractured tibia.

I made a blog entry too: http://lizkauai.blogspot.com/2009/10/chris-cooley-get-well-soon.html

HTTR!

Archived