Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If still here VC may draft Eric Berry

EliMustDie28

I have been watching every tennesse game this year (that has been televised). Berry is the truth. Lets just imagine that the following scenarios play out.

1. C. Rogers leaves (free agency)

2. VC is not fired (Damn it)

3. Redskins have top 5 pick

4. Berry forgoes senoir season

VC will draft Berry if he is on the board. Berry can play corner, or he could be FS and we could move LL to SS. We all know how much DS and VC love dbs. Is this smart knowing that we need OL and a fran. QB? No it's not. But Berry is special and will be too tempting for Vinny to pass on. This is just a thought I was having. I doubt it will happen. What do yall think?

:helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet:

Can't imagine this being the move. I think there's a 95% chance that Campbell is gone. Collins is not the guy you build a team around and Colt had a terrible preseason. VC would grab the most high profile qb he could get his hands on.

I'm torn between OL and QB myself. If we go OL, we have to find some above average journeyman (a Mark Brunell or Brad Johnson type) to keep everything together. I think the outside shot is more RB than DB.

Yeah im just saying i think Cerrato would be tempted. Like David and Bathsheba tempted. Im all for OL I thought we were definitley going that way last year but no. What good would Bradford, Snead, Robinson, or anyone be if they just come here a develop happy feet as a result of being behind pure **** on the OL. I don't want Ramsey Campbell part 3.

Anyone that supports letting Rogers go and drafting another DB is as bad as Bug Eyes when it comes to building a team. For the team to improve we need to fill the holes we already have, not create new ones to fill while the current problems are allowed to get older and worse. DB's are to the Redskins like WR's were to Matt Millen.

There is not a QB in this draft class worth taking in the first round. They are all fatally flawed. The spread offense is killing NFL QBs. That being said I think Eric Berry is the best player in the draft I assure you he will be picked 1 or 2. He is in that Ed Reed, Polomalu mold. The guy can play everywhere.

In a perfect world.

The Skins draft a LT in the first round and a LG in the second.

Fix one side of the line for a decade.

Move Dockery to RG. Hope that between Heyer/Williams/Jones we have a servicable RT for 2010 and for the love of god, replace Drive Killer Rabach with anyone.

Fix the Oline. Everything else is unimportant until that is done.

Monte Kiffin is on record that if he had the #1 pick in the upcoming draft, he'd take Berry, no question.

Monte also said that Berry might be the greatest player he's ever coached. Think about Monte's career and then think about that statement.

I've watched Berry a lot this year too. What the OP says is true. Berry can take over a football game.

I am a big fix the line first guy . I would like to be able to generate another 1st round pick which is why I am hoping that Campbell turns it around, there is no cap, so we can put a 2nd round tender on him and we can trade him off for a 2nd to a QB hungry team where his starting experience will be valuble...

I would not trade Rogers but I would test the market and make him either a top level RFA tender or franchise tag .. If someone makes an amazing offer then trade him otherwise look to resign long term later in the offseason when the 2011 mess gets sorted out..

Then I would be looking at moving down a few spots if possible or staying put and offering up one of the 2nds (from a Campbell trade) and the first from 2011, because if there is no cap there will unlikley be any football in 2011 and if there is then 2011 will be the first season with the rookie slotted salary scale so top talents are going to forgoe that final collage season and try and cash in while they can ... So then I would be picking twic in the top 15 picks ...

If then Berry is available and is the best player in the draft then I take him with the first pick .

The second pick goes to the best OT/QB available

The second round pick goes to the best OL/QB available

The FOrth goes on a RB ..either a power back or a scatt back - 5-10 carry a game guy

the latter picks all go on OL .

However as the OP says if Vinny stays then I can see the draft going

1>Berry

2>TE

4>WR

5>TE

6>LB

7>RB

So' date=' you don't have a QB. We may not have a LT. We may not have a LG. And it may be time to upgrade the RB spot.

And we are going to use a top ten pick on a defensive back.

Kill me.

Just ****ing kill me now.[/quote']

I think a decent QB option (none look like good bets in top ten) will be available in the 2nd round. I agree that tackle should be our first priority. Trading back always seems like a good option when we are as high as we have been recently. It be nice to add a 3rd and get a guard or center as well.

That being said, if the skins draft Berry I wouldn't be surprised. They just better address the line with all their other picks...

So' date=' you don't have a QB. We may not have a LT. We may not have a LG. And it may be time to upgrade the RB spot.

And we are going to use a top ten pick on a defensive back.

Kill me.

Just ****ing kill me now.[/quote']

lol.... hey with cerrato at the helm i wouldn't put this one past him. as much as i love E berry we do have way too many holes elsewhere. Maybe Cerrato gets shown the door. Or maybe we turn this season around and pick later in the first who knows.

Archived