Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If still here VC may draft Eric Berry

EliMustDie28

This thread really speaks to the brainwashing that's been going on with Redskin fans. Despite popular realization that this organization's draft behavior is the best reason why we have an offense that can't score... the fan base still has a great deal of support for taking another DB in the first round.

If there is no QB or Tackle worthy of the spot in which we pick WE SHOULD TRADE DOWN. This team can not be throwing money and draft picks at friggin defensive backs. The OLine is a disaster and the QB is not performing. If anything the next two drafts should be almost entirely about lineman because this team has no depth and no starting talent on the offensive line.

You can draft all the DB's and WR's in the world and you won't win games without the lines.

some mock drafts have us taking tebow. i would rather have berry brainwashed or not.

I'm no draft guru but I'd really be shocked if tebow goes in the first round as a QB... I just don't see it from him.. I'd also be shocked if berry is not a top 5 pick...

since bradford is opting for surgery and committing to the draft, I heard speculation on espn that his projection would be outside of the top 10, but who knows where we will end up in the order... the way things are going, we might be looking at a top 5-7 pick...

Can't imagine this being the move. I think there's a 95% chance that Campbell is gone. Collins is not the guy you build a team around and Colt had a terrible preseason. VC would grab the most high profile qb he could get his hands on.

I'm torn between OL and QB myself. If we go OL, we have to find some above average journeyman (a Mark Brunell or Brad Johnson type) to keep everything together. I think the outside shot is more RB than DB.

I'm not opposed to trading our 2011 first-rounder to move up and take the best QB available and the best LT available especially if Chris Samuels retires, which he probably will IMO. That would leave us with a 2nd to grab a top guard with to replace Randy Thomas and we'd be in pretty good shape to sit the QB and let him study for a year under a journeyman vet QB.

You're right though, knowing Vinny he'd gamble on Tim Tebow or something high-profile like that.

In a perfect world.

The Skins draft a LT in the first round and a LG in the second.

Fix one side of the line for a decade.

Move Dockery to RG. Hope that between Heyer/Williams/Jones we have a servicable RT for 2010 and for the love of god, replace Drive Killer Rabach with anyone.

Fix the Oline. Everything else is unimportant until that is done.

You can only fix one side for a decade if they turn out to be good players. With our history we won't find those types of players.

unless the entire roster is blown up, we cannot afford to go BPA in any round other than the 1st.

The logic behind BPA applies to teams that are built the right way ... trenches first and through the draft. Unfortunately we have put so much of our stock in picking up FA's that, we can never fill the positions we need with young talent. Just an uneducated guess on my part though. I say we HAVE to go with the best OL'man we can get, even if they are ranked lower on the draft board.

Anyone that supports letting Rogers go and drafting another DB is as bad as Bug Eyes when it comes to building a team. For the team to improve we need to fill the holes we already have, not create new ones to fill while the current problems are allowed to get older and worse. DB's are to the Redskins like WR's were to Matt Millen.

Well, at least we draft good DB's.

unless the entire roster is blown up, we cannot afford to go BPA in any round other than the 1st.

The logic behind BPA applies to teams that are built the right way ... trenches first and through the draft. Unfortunately we have put so much of our stock in picking up FA's that, we can never fill the positions we need with young talent. Just an uneducated guess on my part though. I say we HAVE to go with the best OL'man we can get, even if they are ranked lower on the draft board.

Going "BPA" has put us in the position that we are currently in and the FO will sink the damn ship if it doesn't start drafting the right player at the right position in the right round.

A real GM wouldn't neglect the O and D lines for years and actually have at least a decent scouting department.

Going "BPA" has put us in the position that we are currently in and the FO will sink the damn ship if it doesn't start drafting the right player at the right position in the right round.

A real GM wouldn't neglect the O and D lines for years and actually have at least a decent scouting department.

I agree with you and thought I was implying that in my original post. Apologies if it didn't come across that way.

Guess i was trying to say that I understand not passing up a player like Orakpo, especially for where he was ranked and where we drafted. I agree that for better or worse, we need serious help on the OL and hope thais where we focus in the upcoming draft. Hail.

The only QB worth drafting in my opinion is Clausen. Runs a pro type offense, and has great skills already. Bradford I think has bust written all over him playing behind a line where he was barely ever pressured, and having recievers that he could throw to that were wide open. And Tebow, see Eric Crouch.

You can only fix one side for a decade if they turn out to be good players. With our history we won't find those types of players.

Ah yes there is the rub.

I'm working on the assumption that Vinny is gone, Danny grows a brain and hires a GM who knows what he is doing.

It's a stretch but that's all I can cling to right now. I just don't know how I'd make it through the rest of this season if I thought that the Danny and Vinny Show will be leading this team in 2010.

SKOALSKIN "There is not a QB in this draft class worth taking in the first round."

Thats what im thinking. Also IF we do pick that high will their be an OL guy there worthy of that high a pick? If not we either trade down or grab bpa which could be berry.

Sam Bradford. Which might be a good thing because you could get him mid to late 1st-round and not have to pay him an inordinate amount of bonus money.

Ah yes there is the rub.

I'm working on the assumption that Vinny is gone, Danny grows a brain and hires a GM who knows what he is doing.

It's a stretch but that's all I can cling to right now. I just don't know how I'd make it through the rest of this season if I thought that the Danny and Vinny Show will be leading this team in 2010.

That is very little hope to cling to!!!

Tebow could be a good QB with the ability to run but man that concussion has knocked it out of him. he hasn't looked the same. Maybe he will be more inclined to hone his throwing ability now. I heard the biggest thing he lacks is accuracy. I could be wrong on that though.

Note: I am not saying that we should draft him. Clausen is the closest thing to a pro right now. Jahved Best maybe.

Archived