Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Positive Thread: Sacks (Orakpo, Carter, Haynesworth)

Soup

Sacks and overall pressure on the QB has changed since last season. Carter has 6 sacks more than any DE in the NFC east and the over hyped and over paided Peppers in carolina.

Orakpo also leads the rookies with 4 sacks

Two factors that are attributing to these stats, Haynesworth and the weak schedule. But, just because the skins have had a weak schedule doesn't mean the Oline players they have faced are not quality players.

I'd also like to point out the playing of Golston and wonder why they don't leave him in more. The fact that both Griff and Daniels are over the hill makes you wonder how many sacks this team could have had if they put in orkapo, golston, and jarmon in more.

I really loved the way they were playing the first half against the Chiefs.....then it seemed like they got tired as the game went on.

The offense really needs to help out our defense and keep them fresh. When/if that happens, this unit is going to be special.

Good post

Jarmon,Wilson,Rakpo should all be starting !

I don't know about wilson, he is just a pure rusher IMO. I like seeing him in 3rd downs and passing plays but not as a starter. The defense is improving week by week and its a shame they are overshadowed by the offense. Again, the redskins are wasting a playoff caliver defense on dumb team managing and poor play on offense

Golston looked like he got a lot of snaps to me. I do think Jarmon will play more and more as the season goes on and I think he will be the starter next year. He's the real.

All this being said, Griff has still got it IMO, as long as he stays healthy. He should remain the starter.

Yes -- the D-line is better which has resulted in more pressure and sacks.

I love Orakpo -- that guy is a football player through and through. Great attitude, works hard, talented, etc, etc. The kind of guy that can develop into a leader at some point. Wilson and Jarmon are coming along, and Golston is playing well too.

However,......

I realize Haynesworth, overall, has played well and helped to facilitate the improvement,....but,......I don't like the guy. He's not a "football player",....actually, he seems like he doesn't even like playing football. He's huge, and naturally talented, etc, etc, but the dude has layed out in almost every game I've watched so far. He's the only guy I've ever seen get carted off the field ON A CART and come back in the game later. WTF! He doesn't seem to have any intensity and I never see him interacting with any of the other guys on the defense after big plays or even on the sideline. Maybe I'm off with my assessment -- but he just seems like another "me only" guy. Danny has seemed to attracted a lot of these types of players during his tenure. He was obviously out of shape coming into the season and I think just now is starting to get to where he needs to be.

Anyway -- I'm sure he'll continue to make some good plays throughout the season, but I also expect him to continue with his "laying out" at certain times during games. That's ****ing embarrassing IMO. Also, as things get progressively worse this season he'll end up missing some games,....he will not start all 16.

Sorry,....end of rant.

Orakpo only has 3.5 sacks...just saying

Some stats have him at 3.5 others have him at 4...just saying, but he still leads the rookies either way. Carter, on some sites also has 5.5 but other have him at 6, so I took the higher. Still, the fact that he leads the NFC east in sacks in a division that has Ware, and the Dline with the giants its pretty cool to have that talking point.

I don't know about wilson, he is just a pure rusher IMO. I like seeing him in 3rd downs and passing plays but not as a starter. The defense is improving week by week and its a shame they are overshadowed by the offense. Again, the redskins are wasting a playoff caliver defense on dumb team managing and poor play on offense

It's a shame, because we've been a top 10 defense for 5 of the last 7 years and have only made the playoffs two times. Wasting a top tier defense is nothing new to this franchise.

You do have to factor in the competition, but also have to look at the circumstances. Could you imagine if we were up enough to force teams into passing situations??? We would lead the league in sacks. We're doing this now in very close games or behind.

You do have to factor in the competition, but also have to look at the circumstances. Could you imagine if we were up enough to force teams into passing situations??? We would lead the league in sacks. We're doing this now in very close games or behind.

Good point. Also imagine if we didnt go three and out almost every time and have only 20 mins of time of possesion every week. Our defense would be fresh and even better. I also think guys like Landry have been stalling thus far but could reemerge as the season goes on. Our defense really could be sick, if we were, you know, a good team.

Archived