Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Positive Thread: Sacks (Orakpo, Carter, Haynesworth)

Soup

Some stats have him at 3.5 others have him at 4...just saying, but he still leads the rookies either way. Carter, on some sites also has 5.5 but other have him at 6, so I took the higher. Still, the fact that he leads the NFC east in sacks in a division that has Ware, and the Dline with the giants its pretty cool to have that talking point.

I don't understand what "some" sites have anything to do say. There is only one site as far as historical stats are concerned, and thats NFL.com. I'm not trying to knitpick, but how would you even look anywhere else but there?

Haynesworth does plenty enough that doesnt show up on the stat sheets. Im a fan. Id rather have a DT that blows up plays, commands double teams, and gets winded more than usual than one that doesnt command anything and gets beat one on one any day of the week.

i was skeptical when they signed Haynesworth because so many times in the past, the Danny has signed a big name star for big bucks, just to see him fizzle out, but Haynesworth has made the overall play of this D a whole lot better. I like what I see. it's just a shame that it's wasted because the O can't capitalize

i was skeptical when they signed Haynesworth because so many times in the past, the Danny has signed a big name star for big bucks, just to see him fizzle out, but Haynesworth has made the overall play of this D a whole lot better. I like what I see. it's just a shame that it's wasted because the O can't capitalize

Its sad. The team as whole won't be competetive for at least 2-3 years IMO when Haynesworth will be in his decline.

The defense as a whole has played pretty well I think with the exception of the secondary. Our LB's have been playing pretty well, and our defensive line has been solid all year. Haynesworth is definitely freeing up Carter, Orakpo, etc. to get to the QB. Not to mention, Orakpo is a monster at defensive end.

As others have said I would expect to see Jarmon, Wilson, and Golston get more playing time as the season progresses on as they have all made an impact so far this season.

:logo:

I don't understand what "some" sites have anything to do say. There is only one site as far as historical stats are concerned, and thats NFL.com. I'm not trying to knitpick, but how would you even look anywhere else but there?

Both are NFL.com

Scroll down to defensive stats and look at carter's 6 sacks

http://www.nfl.com/teams/washingtonredskins/statistics?team=WAS

Same website has carter at 5.5 sacks too

http://www.nfl.com/players/andrecarter/profile?id=CAR609667

....Just saying

I agree with most everything that's already been said. Very happy with the way that Orakpo and Jarmon are playing. I wish we'd like Orakpo at DE more. I also think that Haynesworth has had a big impact. Rogers has also been playing better than many people think. If only he could hold onto the darn ball. Teams rarely target him.

It was awesome last week.. Orakpo got his sack early on in the game, and every time he lined up at DE after that, he was getting double teamed. That's pretty special for a rookie.

(Ok, he didn't get double teamed EVERY time, but I was keeping up with the theme of the positive thread)

Some stats have him at 3.5 others have him at 4...just saying, but he still leads the rookies either way. Carter, on some sites also has 5.5 but other have him at 6, so I took the higher. Still, the fact that he leads the NFC east in sacks in a division that has Ware, and the Dline with the giants its pretty cool to have that talking point.

Orakpo and Carter ar listed at 3.5 sacks and 5.5 sacks respectively on ESPN.com and redskins.com. Not that it should matter, but you got my hopes up that Orakpo had been credited back that half sack he should have been awarded last Sunday.

Nice thread. I am very pleased with what I am seing out of Orakpo. Hopefully, it continues and I wouldn't mind it at all if next year they put him at DE full time. He might make an excellent hybrid, but I think close to the line of scrimmage will be where he always excels.

Orakpo is a great pass rusher, but I don't trust him against the run. I've seen TEs take him on and block him out of the play far too often. Granted, he's just a rookie and I really like his pass rushing skills, but he doesn't look effective against the run.

That's the very reason he's not playing with his hand in dirt every down. At his size, he's a liability against the run right now.

I think the most impressive part about these guys getting so many sacks is that they are getting such few attempts to rush the passer.

If you look at the other sack leaders you have Freeney, Allen, Dumervil, and Harrison. All of these guys play for elite teams with great offenses that are either blowing teams away or are involved in a shootout. Because of this, their getting alot more chances to rush the passer. Our guys are playing from behind most of the time and still putting up great numbers.

However,......

I realize Haynesworth, overall, has played well and helped to facilitate the improvement,....but,......I don't like the guy. He's not a "football player",....actually, he seems like he doesn't even like playing football. He's huge, and naturally talented, etc, etc, but the dude has layed out in almost every game I've watched so far. He's the only guy I've ever seen get carted off the field ON A CART and come back in the game later. WTF! He doesn't seem to have any intensity and I never see him interacting with any of the other guys on the defense after big plays or even on the sideline. Maybe I'm off with my assessment -- but he just seems like another "me only" guy. Danny has seemed to attracted a lot of these types of players during his tenure. He was obviously out of shape coming into the season and I think just now is starting to get to where he needs to be.

I am with you... I see the same thing with Big Al. I want to think I am wrong and hope he is a great team-mate but I do not sense that. I guess really, all that matters is he is stuffing the line and others are getting to the QB now.

Archived