Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tennesseean: Titans Cut QB Ramsey

Malcomb Kelly

Pick one  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Push it through with 50 votes (procedural)
    • Push it through with 60 votes (watered down)
    • Work with the Gang of 6
    • Just let it die.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091003/SPORTS01/91003022/2072/SPORTS/Titans+cut+QB+Ramsey

By Jim Wyatt • THE TENNESSEAN • October 3, 2009

The Titans on Saturday released No. 3 quarterback Patrick Ramsey and elevated cornerback Cary Williams to the 53-man roster.

Williams, a seventh-round draft pick in 2008, was signed to the practice squad earlier in the week after being released last week to make room for punter Reggie Hodges.

With injuries in the secondary, the Titans need Williams for depth and released Ramsey to create space.

It's going to kinda be funny when we're saying the same thing in five years about Campbell.

There are already posts from the last four weeks talking about Campbell going to a team that really knows what its doing and winning a Superbowl... :silly:

Campbell and Ramsey are basically black and white versions of each other. A1/M1 tools, factory-second NFL-level brain.

There are already posts from the last four weeks talking about Campbell going to a team that really knows what its doing and winning a Superbowl... :silly:

Campbell and Ramsey are basically black and white versions of each other. A1/M1 tools, factory-second NFL-level brain.

As hard as it is fathom Campbell has a big advantage in his ability to feel and avoid the rush. Ramsey throws a better deep ball but he is completely clueless avoiding oncoming defenders. I think the only time I can ever think of that he stepped in the right direction to avoid an oncoming lineman was against the Jets opening night in 2003.

I would welcome Ramsey back here as long as he understood that it would be a competition for the job....PR liked the redskins and I believe he would come back if he had a fair chance to start.

We'd have 3 QB's next year:

Who ever the Redskins sign/draft

Brennan

Ramsey

They could all compete for the job.....

Archived