Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Change to FedEx Field banner policy,(No paper bags allowed either).

mtyquinn

There is no conspiracy to ban paper bags. All bags (except small purses) have been banned since the stadium opened. Read the stadium policy on what is allowed in at Redskins.com:

As a guest of FedExField, your safety and enjoyment of the game day experience is our primary concern. Please note that everyone entering FedExField is subject to search by our security staff. This requires fans to enter through predetermined screening locations, which sometimes results in crowding. We apologize for this necessary inconvenience.

Please be aware that the following items are prohibited inside FedExField:

Bags, including: backpacks, gym bags, duffel bags, packages, briefcases, large purses, etc.

Food and beverages of any kind

Umbrellas (plastic ponchos are available for sale at select merchandise areas)

Bottles, jugs, thermoses, cans, coolers, or any other container

Animals (except for certified guide dogs assisting disabled guests)

Whistles, horns and other noise makers

Weapons, firearms

Illegal drugs

Folding chairs

Leafletting or distribution of any literature

Small purses are permitted. However, any purse and its contents must fit into a stadium measuring box, which measures under 4 inches in width, under 12 inches in length, and under 10 inches in height.

There is no conspiracy to ban paper bags. All bags (except small purses) have been banned since the stadium opened. Read the stadium policy on what is allowed in at Redskins.com:

Please. That is clearly intended to ban big bags that are probably easy to hide stuff in and difficult to search. They were CLEARLY targeting these paper bags criticizing the owner and promoting a radio station he doesn't own.

I don't even know where to begin, but just want to say it's just sad that the experience, the team, the ownership has gone downhill so much. Use to be a historic franchise with proud owners and fans.

We are the new bungholes of the NFC..

Agreed.

But this shouldn't be a new revelation. Each year since Snyder took over, this thing has deteriorated further and further. Finally, we've hit the bottom. Losing to an 0-19 team has opened a lot of peoples eyes (i.e., Skins Fans) about this organization. Each year, there has been something removed from the fans: parking, in game scores, tailgate, and on and on and on.

For me, the bottom fell out last year. It was just one more year of mediocrity combined with a horrible game day experience.

Banning signs! Yeah, now that's how you score points with your fans.

Someone should start a poll to see what's next on his list of things to ruin the day!

The paper bags were going to be used as masks and there is no ban on masks. As people have stated in this thread, there were some that got the bags past the Gate Nazis, they were told by security to take them off when they were inside. The fans were making Danny Boy's vagina hurt. The little baby got his way as usual.

Are they this stupid? Now this is going to be a topic during the week. It was lose/lose.

Back in '04, there were "Gibbs/Portis '04" signs all over the place. Signs everywhere.

Now all the sudden you're going to ban them? It shows how scared you really are.

QFT!!

so.... instead of bringing signs and bags

just start a 'snyder sucks' chant

whats he going to do, make you throw out your vocal cords going into the game? have the staff kick out 2/3 of the stadium?

judging by the way everyone said they could clearly hear the cheers and boos, they'd hear that chant too. And snyder would be embarassed.

Just do it at the eagles game, on monday night, in primetime, infront of the entire nation.

Obviously there are other ways to express discontent. This is clearly a good idea. I'd also suggest "Snyder Sucks" type t-shirts underneath a jacket or jersey that could then be taken off after entering the stadium. I suppose you could also paint your face with makeup too but that limits the size a lot.

This seems like a chicken**** move on Snyder's part. Which is to say it's not at all surprising. The guy has skin as thin as rice paper.

As others have said, Lord Farquaad is a gutless chump that has no idea that he's actually cutting his own throat on this issue. I agree that he's certainly within his rights to ban pretty much anything he wants in the stadium. Of course the fans are equally within their rights to simply not show up too. If it gets to the point that anything negative about Snyder is banned from the stadium, I think a boycott of home games would definitely be in order. Try fixing that Danny.

Can I come to your house and put up a banner that says that your house is nice but you suck? Because if you won't let me, you're infringing on my 1st Amendment rights. ;)
If you pay me $3000 dollers a year I'll let you come to my house 8 times and post whatever you want for 4 hours!!

Today when we went through security they told us all signs are banned and made us throw them out.

I had a sign that said "Love the Redskins, Hate the owner" and I also handed out over 100 small signs with Snyders picture with a circle and red slash through it out in the Green Lot F41.

It seems to me that they changed this policy in order to avoid bad PR.

The 1st step of any dictatorship when it feels threatened is to restrict free speech

Sorry buddy, but I'm glad this happened. I don't want people like you embarrassing us as fans. We're not the Lions, we're 0.500!!! We're not a Super Bowl team, but you want to go out and give the media more fuel to hold our team and players down.

Didn't you have any anti-Tampa signs? Just admit you're a complete idiot and apologize to everybody here please.

Sorry buddy, but I'm glad this happened. I don't want people like you embarrassing us as fans. We're not the Lions, we're 0.500!!! We're not a Super Bowl team, but you want to go out and give the media more fuel to hold our team and players down.

Didn't you have any anti-Tampa signs? Just admit you're a complete idiot and apologize to everybody here please.

They banned all signs not just signs that called danny on the carpet.

No need to be insulting and I will not apologize for my opinion on the cowardly actions of an owner who is determined to gloss over the deficiencies of his stewardship of the team

Unfortunately you've been brainwashed by danny boy into believing that this train wreck can contend. We're not 1 player away from contending we're about 40 players away. You also are probably too young to remember when this team was the class of the NFC East and the NFL.

You want to know why they were the class of the league with 3 Super Bowl victories in 4 attempts? Because they had people who excelled at evaluating talent (look at the replacement games of 87) and they had the best offensive line in football (see the Hogs 1981-1992).

They banned all signs not just signs that called danny on the carpet.

No need to be insulting and I will not apologize for my opinion on the cowardly actions of an owner who is determined to gloss over the deficiencies of his stewardship of the team

Unfortunately you've been brainwashed by danny boy into believing that this train wreck can contend. We're not 1 player away from contending we're about 40 players away. You also are probably too young to remember when this team was the class of the NFC East and the NFL.

You want to know why they were the class of the league with 3 Super Bowl victories in 4 attempts? Because they had people who excelled at evaluating talent (look at the replacement games of 87) and they had the best offensive line in football (see the Hogs 1981-1992).

All I'm saying is Snyder sucked early on because he was so impatient. Over the past couple years, he finally develops some patience, and the Skins fans have lost it. We have ZERO patience.

Look at the right side of our offensive line. In two years, I think we have dropped about 20 years of age off that side of the line alone. This team is building.

Look at our defensive line - with Jarmon, Wilson, Haynesworth, Golston, Carter, and Montgomery, we have youth on our line! This line will improve with time.

Our secondary is young. Our linebackers are young except for Fletch. This is not some over-the-hill bunch of scrubs. This is a team that will IMPROVE with the right leadership.

However, you're ready to tear down the ownership. Since we lost one game to the Lions (which is all you're mad about), we should get Snyder and Vinny out of here, or at least embarrass them on national TV. I DON'T THINK SO PAL.

We're not going to turn into the 2007-2008 Patriots overnight. Maybe QB is a weak spot - if so, we'll address it. Maybe RB is a weak spot - we are ALREADY trying to address it.

This team is headed in the right direction, just not as quickly as we all hoped. Right now, any blame should fall to the coaches.

Do you really think Snyder won't get new coaches if the coaches don't do their job? I guarantee he will.

Your hate is misguided. Support your team, don't tear it down.

Going into the game we weren't .500, pal. And since when did someone appoint you the true fan coordinator? If someone has season tickets then they're not going to waste the money they spent already. I personally will not go to a game or buy any Redskins' gear. Just because you've got years on me doesn't make you more of a fan then I am or the right to judge someone else's decision about wearing a paper over their heads. Get over yourself.

You want to wear a paper bag over your head because you feel like you are owed better performances or something? Well buddy, get over YOURself.

All I'm saying is Snyder sucked early on because he was so impatient. Over the past couple years, he finally develops some patience, and the Skins fans have lost it. We have ZERO patience.

Look at the right side of our offensive line. In two years, I think we have dropped about 20 years of age off that side of the line alone. This team is building.

Look at our defensive line - with Jarmon, Wilson, Haynesworth, Golston, Carter, and Montgomery, we have youth on our line! This line will improve with time.

Our secondary is young. Our linebackers are young except for Fletch. This is not some over-the-hill bunch of scrubs. This is a team that will IMPROVE with the right leadership.

However, you're ready to tear down the ownership. Since we lost one game to the Lions (which is all you're mad about), we should get Snyder and Vinny out of here, or at least embarrass them on national TV. I DON'T THINK SO PAL.

We're not going to turn into the 2008 Patriots overnight. Maybe QB is a weak spot - if so, we'll address it. Maybe RB is a weak spot - we are ALREADY trying to address it.

This team is headed in the right direction, just not as quickly as we all hoped. Right now, any blame should fall to the coaches.

Do you really think Snyder won't get new coaches if the coaches don't do their job? I guarantee he will.

Your hate is misguided. Support your team, don't tear it down.

I disagree with you. Snyder is a poor owner because he cannot evaluate talent (neither can vinny). They repeatedly overpay for other teams free agents, (see Brandon Lloyd, Adam Archuletta, etc). I like Haynesworth but he's not worth 40 mil guaranteed, neither is DeAngelo Hall. Carter is adequate but again overpaid.

I'm not mad about a single game. I'm frustrated with the mediocrity of 17 years, especially the last 10, and the cowardly owner who changed the rules in the middle of the night because he can't take criticism.

The offensive line cannot run block and the front office has repeatedly neglected it during the draft.

What coach in his right mind would come here and work in these conditions? One who is only here for the money, at the end of their career looking for 1 last shot or someone who would never get a chance anywhere else.

As for our secondary, Carlos Rogers couldn't catch a cold, DeAngelo Hall is a zone corner, and Landry is always trying to make the blow up hit and is frequently out of position in pass coverage.

On the lines: Griffin - 9 years, Daniels - 13 years, Thomas(IR) - 10 years, Samuels - 9 years, Wynn -12 years. The only reason the line is younger is because of the injuries to other players (see Rinehart replacing Thomas)

Portis (who I love and think is a warrior and maybe the best pass blocking RB) continually runs up the back of his blockers, falls down frequently without being touched and he can't seem to make cuts anymore.

Betts had one good season and should have been traded. More often than not he is ineffective when he is on the field.

Randle El - Effective in the slot but either fair catches every punt or fields them like he's using a walker, side step, side step, fall down

Kelly (6 catches), Thomas (1 catch), Davis (3 catches) - I want to believe they will contribute, but all I see is Bust, Bust, Bust.

I have reached the point where I refuse to sit quietly, look at this disaster, nod my head, smile and say everything is alright.

I did not boo the team as they came out on the field, but once they started screwing up and shooting themselves in the foot you bet I let them know.

One of the things that most ticks me off is the way the players act incredulous, especially Mike Sellars.

Just a thought, but what if your paper bag had a pink ribbon on it instead of 106.7 stuff.

Would they still make you throw it out?

First, why are you wearing a bag when we're .500?

Second, your signature is CRAZY. Snyder wouldn't bench Campbell? Wasn't Snyder the one trying to get Sanchez and Cutler? Zorn would be the guy making the call to bench or not bench JC. Please make your signature reflect facts so that people will take you seriously.

First, why are you wearing a bag when we're .500?

Second, your signature is CRAZY. Snyder wouldn't bench Campbell? Wasn't Snyder the one trying to get Sanchez and Cutler? Zorn would be the guy making the call to bench or not bench JC. Please make your signature reflect facts so that people will take you seriously.

First, who said I was wearing a bag?

Secondly, there's no need to hijack the thread. If you want to discuss this topic more, see my post in this thread http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=302820, or else PM me.

Archived