Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Change to FedEx Field banner policy,(No paper bags allowed either).

mtyquinn

I pay 900 mil for something... I make the rules. You don't like it stay home.

Don't worry I soon will be....I waited my whole life for tickets, my father hands them over and this is what I get!!!!!!!!!! It has been 10 years of junk, 5 of paying for it. I just hope I can wait him out, Danny please sell our team.

:doh: :chair:

It occurs to me that the FedexField Stadium Guide clearly states:

Please be aware that the following items are prohibited inside FedExField:

* Bags, including: backpacks, gym bags, duffel bags, packages, briefcases, large purses, etc.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Stadium_Guide_1621.jsp

This may explain why paper bags were not permitted.

The day I see ES posters like Pez and Huly say they aren't going to the game in protest of the owner is the day this team begins its journey to freedom and recovery. Until then, the team will continue in mediocrity.

Not sure quite how to take that....

The first amendment only protects you from government censure.

Snyder is not the government. :)

I was just gonna post something similiar, glad you did. Now if FedEx Field was public property then it would different. On another similiar note does anyone know if tax payer money went into financing the stadium?

• 3 weeks later...
there was somebody in the lower bowl yesterday that held up a huge white sign. i couldnt read it, and they didnt hold it up again (couldnt tell if they were forced to take it down).

did anybody see this and if so, what did it say?

"Unconditional Love" ............. no joke

I started cussing and almost threw up when they showed it on TV.

Vicous found it.

This might not be the one you were talking about, but it was in the lower level.

wasnt that one, it had more writing on it.

LOL, it was definitely this one.

The redskins changed their policy on fan signage as of this morning and banned all signs.

I checked the FedEx Field policies last night and it said that banners were permitted but they could not be attached to the stadium itself or be mounted on poles.

Today when we went through security they told us all signs are banned and made us throw them out.

I had a sign that said "Love the Redskins, Hate the owner" and I also handed out over 100 small signs with Snyders picture with a circle and red slash through it out in the Green Lot F41.

It seems to me that they changed this policy in order to avoid bad PR.

The 1st step of any dictatorship when it feels threatened is to restrict free speech

Congress shall pass no law abridging free speech. It has nothing to do with private property. If you own a company and you don't like what people are saying you have a right to tell the people in your company to stop talking about it and you can have them fired if they are talking bad about your company on your property and on your time. The Government can't infringe on free speech.

Even though I hate Dan Snyder, he has a right as a property owner and owner of the Redskins to not allow those things. Is it a bit childish? Yeah, he is not really able to deal with criticism that much and that is why people do it more. If he ignored it, it would probably go away. Fans don't have the right on private property to say or do what they want.

I'm not sure the team can afford to cancel paying season ticket holders at this point.

If they ever have.

We've never read of ticket revocation happening to anyone directly on ES or in the local rags.

Yet we've long read of 'someone who knows of somebody' who lost their tix due to fan conduct, unauthorized resale, etc. Andy Pollen says he heard of it happening to someone he knew of when the ticket occupant ran out onto the field.

I call BS

If they ever have.

We've never read of ticket revocation happening to anyone directly on ES or in the local rags.

Yet we've long read of 'someone who knows of somebody' who lost their tix due to fan conduct, unauthorized resale, etc. Andy Pollen says he heard of it happening to someone he knew of when the ticket occupant ran out onto the field.

I call BS

Two fraternity brothers of mine ran onto the field about an hour after the game back when it was JKC. They got charged with trespassing and were told never to come back to the stadium again but the one guy's father did not lose his season tickets. I bet he wish he did.

It would have saved him 20 or 30 grand over the years, He wouldn't have missed anything and he probably could have gotten season tickets this year or next year anyway.

there was somebody in the lower bowl yesterday that held up a huge white sign. i couldnt read it, and they didnt hold it up again (couldnt tell if they were forced to take it down).

did anybody see this and if so, what did it say?

There was a whole bedsheet held up in the lower bowl late in the 3rd quarter that read something like "Hey Danny, I can't even give my tickets away"

I was about 5 rows long and about 8 or 9 seats wide. I could clearly read it across the field.

More on signs, here:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/10/signs_banned_at_fedex_field.html

Including:

Now it's Liz Angevine, who brought a "LET OVECHKIN CALL THE PLAYS" sign, e-mailing me this story about how a security guard snatched the sign out of her hands and threw it on the ground. Liz writes:

"When I told her that I wanted to keep my sign and run it back to my car, she stepped on my sign and ripped it apart!!! I could NOT believe it. I'm still in shock."

Archived