Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Change to FedEx Field banner policy,(No paper bags allowed either).

mtyquinn

I think it's a little too early for the paperbags. It was only 3 games into the season and we were 1-2. And the end result of today wouldve made those who wore the bags look foolish. I can see the temptation of wearing them at halftime, cause that 1st half was the worst half of football that I've ever seen the Skins play.

At the Morgan Blvd. metro stop they were handing out the 106.7 paper bags that said "Hate the owner, love the team". I took one and it was confiscated and thrown in the garbage at the entrance gates lol.

hilarious :hysterical:

My opinion is if you want to wear a bag when the team is .500 then you were never a true fan anyway regardless of your thoughts of Snyder considering he gets your money when you guys buy tickets to the game.

speak with your money buy not buying tickets and merchandise instead of looking like a yokel with a paper bag on your head.

Going into the game we weren't .500, pal. And since when did someone appoint you the true fan coordinator? If someone has season tickets then they're not going to waste the money they spent already. I personally will not go to a game or buy any Redskins' gear. Just because you've got years on me doesn't make you more of a fan then I am or the right to judge someone else's decision about wearing a paper over their heads. Get over yourself.

Going into the game we weren't .500, pal. And since when did someone appoint you the true fan coordinator? If someone has season tickets then they're not going to waste the money they spent already. I personally will not go to a game or buy any Redskins' gear. Just because you've got years on me doesn't make you more of a fan then I am or the right to judge someone else's decision about wearing a paper over their heads. Get over yourself.

There is no one in the organization named Synder, only Snyder. :P

My opinion is if you want to wear a bag when the team is .500 then you were never a true fan anyway regardless of your thoughts of Snyder considering he gets your money when you guys buy tickets to the game.

speak with your money buy not buying tickets and merchandise instead of looking like a yokel with a paper bag on your head.

I think the bag on the head is hilarious...Yes, they were only 1-2 going into this game but they just lost to one of the worst teams in the history of the league. The one game they won was a dud. They've had a pathetic record since last year's 6-2 start. There hasn't been a playoff game in Washington in 10 years. They have been incredibly boring and its clear that this team is going nowhere. Its easy to say "don't give Snyder money," but some people already paid for the tickets and have been season ticket holders for decades. If those people want to show their displeasure by putting a bag on their head, I think its perfectly fine.

Paper bag method < Sell you tickets on Ebay, save money on gasoline, food, and merchandise by staying home.

Stay home then. Don't come to a game with paper bags to prove a point by hoping you'll [in general "you"] get on television by reenacting some Detroit fan's stunt. Attention whores trying to make a spectacle of themselves are not "true" Redskins fans. They call those people unoriginal attention whores. No judgement, just fact.

BTW, the Skins are 2-2 in case you forgot to cut holes in the bag. :silly:

I'm not certain how far Freedom of Expression goes in FedEx. After all, streakers get arrested.

Still, a blanket policy-driven confiscation of bags might be stepping over the line. Wonder if the bags had been pink and said something about Survivors -- would an exception have been made then? I'm just not sure how this shakes out. No doubt we'll hear more, as the civil libertarians weigh in.

But frankly, isn't it a little early for this? Essentially the team has been playing around .500 ball under Zorn. That's better than a lot of other teams, whose fans aren't 'baggin' it.

Let's see, first amendment, first amendment.....ah, here it is.

So I know I've lived in PA for the last year or so, but when did Dan Snyder join Congress? Otherwise it's not a first amendment violation, it's just an somebody doing what anybody who has private property has the right to do.

You guys are jumping all over the OP because he doesn't literally have a freedom of speech right inside the stadium? Really?

I think you can see his point though right? I mean I don't think Snyder is a textbook defiition of a dictator either. The point is the we are the fans of the Redskins and we can't voice our opinion in the seats. He asked a terrific question - how is booing any different? What if they started throwing people out for booing. It was totally be his "right" to do so but should we as fans think that is cool?

The overall point (I think) is that Snyder is a sniveling little coward who destroyed thsi franchise and not wants a bunch of labaotmized Larry Michael clones clapping at this horrific product he has put on the field. I think its garbage. I won't pull out the constitution to start showing the OP what the bill of rights say but I will agree with him that it sucks.

You guys are jumping all over the OP because he doesn't literally have a freedom of speech right inside the stadium? Really?

I think you can see his point though right? I mean I don't think Snyder is a textbook defiition of a dictator either. The point is the we are the fans of the Redskins and we can't voice our opinion in the seats. He asked a terrific question - how is booing any different? What if they started throwing people out for booing. It was totally be his "right" to do so but should we as fans think that is cool?

The overall point (I think) is that Snyder is a sniveling little coward who destroyed thsi franchise and not wants a bunch of labaotmized Larry Michael clones clapping at this horrific product he has put on the field. I think its garbage. I won't pull out the constitution to start showing the OP what the bill of rights say but I will agree with him that it sucks.

I pay 900 mil for something... I make the rules. You don't like it stay home.

Yeah I don't know Bret is saying there. Actually I am suprised he doesn't defend this board being the blind homer that him and EB are.

I know how to solve this problem, lets put his cell phone number on the board. That will take care of anyone who isn't a blind Kool-Aid drinker in DC :doh:

Are they this stupid? Now this is going to be a topic during the week. It was lose/lose.

Back in '04, there were "Gibbs/Portis '04" signs all over the place. Signs everywhere.

Now all the sudden you're going to ban them? It shows how scared you really are.

Agreed. Hopefully the press kills Danny on it. He has no idea how much damage he does to the fanbase when he does this stuff.

Amen

Archived