Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Change to FedEx Field banner policy,(No paper bags allowed either).

mtyquinn

The redskins changed their policy on fan signage as of this morning and banned all signs.

I checked the FedEx Field policies last night and it said that banners were permitted but they could not be attached to the stadium itself or be mounted on poles.

Today when we went through security they told us all signs are banned and made us throw them out.

I had a sign that said "Love the Redskins, Hate the owner" and I also handed out over 100 small signs with Snyders picture with a circle and red slash through it out in the Green Lot F41.

It seems to me that they changed this policy in order to avoid bad PR.

The 1st step of any dictatorship when it feels threatened is to restrict free speech

The 1st step of any dictatorship when it feels threatened is to restrict free speech

You are on private property man, its like going to someones house and saying you have free speech in his living room. If you wanna hold a sign, sit on the sidewalk.

The redskins changed their policy on fan signage as of this morning and banned all signs.

I checked the FedEx Field policies last night and it said that banners were permitted but they could not be attached to the stadium itself or be mounted on poles.

Today when we went through security they told us all signs are banned and made us throw them out.

I had a sign that said "Love the Redskins, Hate the owner" and I also handed out over 100 small signs with Snyders picture with a circle and red slash through out in the Green Lot F41.

It seems to me that they changed this policy in order to avoid bad PR.

How does a Fed Ex banning policy have anything to do with the first amendment?

Can I come to your house and put up a banner that says that your house is nice but you suck? Because if you won't let me, you're infringing on my 1st Amendment rights. ;)

If you pay me $150 to get in my front door, and give me $10 for a beer and $13 for a sandwich you can call me anything you like. Oh, and you have to park a mile from my house as well.

Let's see, first amendment, first amendment.....ah, here it is.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So I know I've lived in PA for the last year or so, but when did Dan Snyder join Congress? Otherwise it's not a first amendment violation, it's just an somebody doing what anybody who has private property has the right to do.

ROFL, did you honestly believe Danny boy was going to let the fans rank on him?

If fans start wearing Dan Snyder Sucks t-shirts to games, they undoubtedly will make you buy a shirt to cover it up.

Heck, he will probably over-ride any negative chanting directed towards him with enough stadium sound to draw a penalty if it comes to that as well.

If you pay me $150 to get in my front door, and give me $10 for a beer and $13 for a sandwich you can call me anything you like. Oh, and you have to park a mile from my house as well.

Sounds like a bad deal, I'd rather just watch your house from the TV in my living room for much cheaper. :evilg:

Archived