Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Change to FedEx Field banner policy,(No paper bags allowed either).

mtyquinn

You guys are jumping all over the OP because he doesn't literally have a freedom of speech right inside the stadium? Really?

I think you can see his point though right? I mean I don't think Snyder is a textbook defiition of a dictator either. The point is the we are the fans of the Redskins and we can't voice our opinion in the seats. He asked a terrific question - how is booing any different? What if they started throwing people out for booing. It was totally be his "right" to do so but should we as fans think that is cool?

The overall point (I think) is that Snyder is a sniveling little coward who destroyed thsi franchise and not wants a bunch of labaotmized Larry Michael clones clapping at this horrific product he has put on the field. I think its garbage. I won't pull out the constitution to start showing the OP what the bill of rights say but I will agree with him that it sucks.

Well said.

I pay 900 mil for something... I make the rules. You don't like it stay home.

But censoring the fans, the 90K who pay for your team?

Brotherz is right, it's just a matter of time before Snyder boots you out for booing.

Heck, you can't even stand up anymore to cheer.

I came straight from the Army Ten-Miler to the game, didn't have time to go home first, I had some sweaty clothes and other stuff (cell phone, camera, etc.) with me. As I was walking from the Metro I saw guys handing out the bag, and got offered one. I laughed and said "No thanks". I think they're funny, but don't want to wear one this early in the season. Then, as I'm walking away, he goes "Come on man, you can carry your stuff in there." Great idea! I thought about it for a second, and went back and got it, and threw my stuff in to make carrying it around a little easier.

Then, going into the gate, carrying my stuff in the paper bag (not wearing it, it didn't even have holes cut in it, it was all wrinkled up from me carrying it around all tailgate), I was told I had to throw it out, so I had to take all my stuff out (sweaty clothes and all), and haul it around all game!

I mean, are you serious? Can this guy not take any heat? I understand that my first amendment rights weren't violated (hell, I wasn't even trying to make a statement, except maybe "Carrying around stuff in a bag is easier than carrying it around by hand"), and that I was on private property, and Snyder has the right to say what you can bring on his property. BUT, this is still so petty, so small, so pathetic, and things like this are EXACTLY why the message on the bags (hate the owner, love the team) is the prevailing sentiment among Redskins fans.

If I ever see anyone selling a t-shirt about how terrible Snyder is (without cursing or anything like that), I will buy it right away and wear it to any game I happen to go to.

so.... instead of bringing signs and bags

just start a 'snyder sucks' chant

whats he going to do, make you throw out your vocal cords going into the game? have the staff kick out 2/3 of the stadium?

judging by the way everyone said they could clearly hear the cheers and boos, they'd hear that chant too. And snyder would be embarassed.

Just do it at the eagles game, on monday night, in primetime, infront of the entire nation.

whats he going to do, make you throw out your vocal cords going into the game? have the staff kick out 2/3 of the stadium?

judging by the way everyone said they could clearly hear the cheers and boos, they'd hear that chant too. And snyder would be embarassed.

Just do it at the eagles game, on monday night, in primetime, infront of the entire nation.

I certainly wouldn't put it past him to have people ejected until the chanting stops out of fear. If that didn't work, I can easily see him pumping in excess taped crowd noise to drown it out, even if the team is penalized for it. Why would he care?

There will be too many Eagles fans there to get the chant going. Although I guess they might join, as well.

I pay 900 mil for something... I make the rules. You don't like it stay home.

And when they continue to lose this will get interesting.

30K at Fedex?

When you can't show displeasure while being given a clearly inferior product while paying more than 31 other teams to go to the games then why go?

I hope everyone stays home after that BS.

And when they continue to lose this will get interesting.

30K at Fedex?

When you can't show displeasure while being given a clearly inferior product while paying more than 31 other teams to go to the games then why go?

I hope everyone stays home after that BS.

The day I see ES posters like Pez and Huly say they aren't going to the game in protest of the owner is the day this team begins its journey to freedom and recovery. Until then, the team will continue in mediocrity.

The 1st step of any dictatorship when it feels threatened is to restrict free speech

Great to see how many people are taking this way to matter of factly. This is an allusion. An Indirect Comparison. Not-to-be-taken-literally.

:doh:

I think its a low and a blatantly transparent move on the redskins part.

Whats worse is that some of you people are defending it! So, no more "We want Dallas" signs? Really? That also means no more creative display of affection for or admiration of the team to which you are unvaryingly devoted -- supposedly. Just a lonely "wooo" to show approval? I'm sorry, but that's just flat out boring.

I sure as hell hope he is recycling all of those confiscated bags.

I hope he has the numbers for how many were confiscated, and is wondering to himself why so many people are willing to try to bring in bags that say they hate him.

I sure as hell hope he is recycling all of those confiscated bags.
Yep. He is stuffing them with money and giving them to Big Al. What he doesn't use for that will be stuffed with the video from the Lions game and then placed on our doorsteps this Halloween as he lights it and then rings our doorbells.

But you gotta admit. Snyder is a weasel for making the staff and security confiscate the bags...From the ancient scoreboards to the ridiculous half-time shows, and now to the Parking NAZIs...this isn't fun anymore. Snyder has sucked the life out of the Washington Redskins fans, not to mention their money. I hope the Supreme Court rules to make the name change...this ISN'T The Washington Redskins anymore.

As long as nobody is being physically hurt I see no problem whatsoever with people holding up signs or wearing paper bags. If Danny Boy is going to get his panties in a bunch everytime someone criticizes him, he should get out of the football business since he refuses to change his ways.

Also, it gets quite nausiating seeing so many people defending Danny Boy. Mediocrity may be fine for some of you but it is not acceptable to all of us and we want to see our disappointment to be heard or seen.

Archived