Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sporting News: It Is Time To Fire Cerrato And Zorn Now

Gibbsisgod2006

I'm sorry but I can't romanticize the Schottenheimer era. That offense was even more maddening than this one. Jimmy Raye was perhaps the worst offensive coordinator I've ever seen. That 2001 draft produced nothing outside of Fred Smoot. The FA acquisitions were horrendous. And we got swept by Dallas.

You're joking, right?

Schotferbrains was PUTRID at personnel here. The '01 draft was the worst post-Casserly draft yet, far worse than Cerrato, and he gave big contracts to no-talent yes-men like Lockett and Donnell Bennett. He cut Larry Centers, who then went to the pro-bowl with Buffalo. He turned down Dilfer at QB to go with Tony Banks. :chair::chair::chair:

How pathetic are we that people are so nostalgic for a guy who went 8-8, despite having the easiest schedule in the NFL that year.:doh:

Well he was here for only one year. You can't look at everything in hindsight. By the way, we started out 0-5 under him, and then we went on to win 8 of the next 11. He turned it around. I don't care who he cut. Plus, he certainly turned the Chargers around.

I'm sorry but I can't romanticize the Schottenheimer era. That offense was even more maddening than this one. Jimmy Raye was perhaps the worst offensive coordinator I've ever seen. That 2001 draft produced nothing outside of Fred Smoot. The FA acquisitions were horrendous. And we got swept by Dallas.

This is exactly how I view that season as well :yes:...

Jimmy Clausen? no thanks lol, until this year he couldn't beat mediocre college teams, this year he is able to beat mediocre college teams

His surrounding talent isn't exactly what Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, or Tim Tebow have to work with. Michael Floyd and Golden Tate are great, but not much else. The offense has to carry the defense. ND is still not quite up there with the top guys. They are a mediocre team with, in my opinion, a great quarterback who is being held back a little. If only he was on Oklahoma. Speaking of OU, Bradford would also be awesome.

Liked the article until he used the term "effeminate" like any schoolyard bully. He might as well have used the rude form of "homosexual."

Really, leave the perjoratives out of your writing. You lost me then, guy, and I will probably read anything else by you with a grain of salt.

BTW, I referring to the author of the posted article, and not any poster here.

He lost me when his first two sentences were badly constructed.

Well he was here for only one year. You can't look at everything in hindsight. By the way, we started out 0-5 under him, and then we went on to win 8 of the next 11. He turned it around. I don't care who he cut. Plus, he certainly turned the Chargers around.

He wasn't GM in SD, and if he could have just gotten in line with the GM there, he might still be their coach.

at least the media is starting to write more and more about Vinny's ineptness ... that's a start.

That just means that Danny Boy will start buying up all of those media outlets to shut them up.

I agree with Buford, fire Lapdog NOW. Bring in a real GM and let him evaluate coaches and players through the rest of the season so we can move forward.

Hey, this blog "article" is recommending that we rehire the guy who gave us Heath Shuler and Michael Westbrook lol...

In fairness to Charley, those were both Norv guys. Charley went on record as saying he wanted to Trent Dilfer, but Norv wanted Heath. And Norv thought Westbrook would become his next Michael Irvin.

At that point Norv was still the golden boy, and his influence was eclipsing Charley's.

Charley was a mixed bag...plenty of bad, but some pretty good stuff mixed in too. His fleecing of the Saints that year Ricky Williams was drafted was legendary. He traded down with the Saints, then traded back up and secured Champ Bailey and Jon Jansen, and left the Saints holding the bag with Ricky.

And he selected Andre Johnson in Houston...plus Mario Williams over Reggie Bush.

Although Charley wouldn't be my first choice, I'd bring him back in a second if it meant parting ways with Vinny. If nothing else, he probably wouldn't give away draft picks like they were candy apples.

Actually why did Vinnie come here in the first place.

He was hired by the Milstein group that was rejected and then Dan brought along. Why.

Milstein and Snyder were partners in that bid. The NFL owners rejected Milstein, but welcomed Snyder into the club. So Snyder was already linked to Vinnie from his involvement with Milstein.

You're joking, right?

Schotferbrains was PUTRID at personnel here. The '01 draft was the worst post-Casserly draft yet, far worse than Cerrato, and he gave big contracts to no-talent yes-men like Lockett and Donnell Bennett. He cut Larry Centers, who then went to the pro-bowl with Buffalo. He turned down Dilfer at QB to go with Tony Banks. :chair::chair::chair:

How pathetic are we that people are so nostalgic for a guy who went 8-8, despite having the easiest schedule in the NFL that year.:doh:

Okay, let's say Schotty was a terrible personnel guy. He got us out of Cerrato-made cap hell in one year, but he missed on picks, something Cerrato never ever did. LMAO.

Seriously, let's say that Schotty was a bad GM. Fine, okay. The problem wasn't Snyder replacing Marty -- it was him saying he was going to hire a respected personnel guy -- something he actually promised Spurrier when he was courting him -- and then hiring Vinny, a guy who didn't even sniff another job interview after Marty canned him.

Snyder didn't want a good personnel guy. He wanted a guy he was comfortable with and who would let him play fantasy football with the Redskins.

And everyone in the league knows it. I've been to the NFL rookie symposium a few times -- my buddy runs it -- and never heard Vinny's name brought up without someone bursting out laughing afterwards. As a Skins fan, it wasn't funny at all.

Snyder didn't want a good personnel guy. He wanted a guy he was comfortable with and who would let him play fantasy football with the Redskins.

And everyone in the league knows it. I've been to the NFL rookie symposium a few times -- my buddy runs it -- and never heard Vinny's name brought up without someone bursting out laughing afterwards. As a Skins fan, it wasn't funny at all.

This is exactly why all the talk about who our next coach will be is moot at this point. Without a solid front office behind him, the next coach is set up to fail. Hiring a good coach to work for a bad front office is like making sure you put your seat belt on as you drive your car off a cliff.

Sitting on the draft board was a huge defensive end named Calais Campbell for a team starving for defensive end depth. Cerrato blew off this, something he has consistently done when it comes to the Redskins needs in his time back in Washington. Campbell is now a regular contributor on the Arizona Cardinals, and helped them to a win recently by blocking a game winning field goal attempt.

Calais Campbell has a total of 1/2 sack since he's come to the league. We already have guys on this team with those types of stats. I think they could've come up with a better example.

This is exactly how I view that season as well :yes:...

Exactly. It's amazing how much better that season has gotten in some people's eyes the farther away from it we get. It was a mess from beginning to end. We played 11 teams with losing records. I danced a jig the day he was canned. I would love to see our team get better but I want Marty Schottenheimer to have no part in it.

This is exactly why all the talk about who our next coach will be is moot at this point. Without a solid front office behind him, the next coach is set up to fail. Hiring a good coach to work for a bad front office is like making sure you put your seat belt on as you drive your car off a cliff.

Yep. And it's why the Skins ended up with Zorn last time around. No coach in demand wanted anything to do with the Skins. They'd rather coach in St. Louis or Detroit for Godsakes.

Calais Campbell has a total of 1/2 sack since he's come to the league. We already have guys on this team with those types of stats. I they could've come up with a better example.

Yeah but we wasted a pick on TE that hasn't done that much either. Atleast Calais was NFC special teams player of the week a couple of weeks ago more then what I could say about Sleepy Davis.

Archived