Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Go on record now - a more constructive way to express your views on the season

ceviker

With everyone ****ing and moaning (including myself and rightfully so, in my opinion) I thought I'd make a thread where everyone can chime in on their thoughts on the season and can look back at it to see what happens. So here we go:

1a) Will Zorn be fired during the season?

1b) If yes, who will be the interim coach?

2a) Will Zorn be our head coach come next season?

2b) If no, who will be our head coach?

3a) Will Jason Campbell be our starting QB come next season?

3b) If no, who will be our starting QB?

4a) What will the Skins record be this year?

4b) Will the Skins make the playoffs?

4c) If yes, how far will they go?

5) The Washington Redskins will make the 2009 playoffs if...

6) Will there be a complete rebuild next year (i.e., new coach, new qb, new coaching staff, new rb/wrs, etc)

7) Rank these QBs in terms of their career when its all said and done: Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez

8) Name one BOLD prediction that will happen either during this season or during the off-season.

With everyone ****ing and moaning (including myself and rightfully so, in my opinion) I thought I'd make a thread where everyone can chime in on their thoughts on the season and can look back at it to see what happens. So here we go:

No, he will last the whole season..

Yes, I believe so..Snyder will give him another year..

No. Snyder and Vinny will try to move up in the draft to take one of the top tier QBs coming out of the draft.

8-8 Again, yes, 8-8. But they will not make the playoffs.

Other teams around the league are plagued with some injuries, and we can finally bring it together and get this thing back on track.

6) Will there be a complete rebuild next year (i.e., new coach, new qb, new coaching staff, new rb/wrs, etc)

I don't think a "complete" rebuild. But we will see some new faces at a few key positions, mainly QB and OL.

7) Rank these QBs in terms of their career when its all said and done: Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez

Mark Sanchez, Jay Cutler, Jason Campbell.

8) Name one BOLD prediction that will happen either during this season or during the off-season.

We will end this year on a GOOD note, playing good football, and beating a couple of good football teams at the end of the year.

1a) Will Zorn be fired during the season? No

2a) Will Zorn be our head coach come next season?No

2b) If no, who will be our head coach? Shanahan or Gruden

3a) Will Jason Campbell be our starting QB come next season?Yes

4a) What will the Skins record be this year?10-6 (Hey I still have faith!)

4b) Will the Skins make the playoffs?Yes

4c) If yes, how far will they go?Second round

5) The Washington Redskins will make the 2009 playoffs if... Zorn and Blache can swallow their pride and start exposing other teams weaknesses as they present themselves

6) Will there be a complete rebuild next year (i.e., new coach, new qb, new coaching staff, new rb/wrs, etc) New coach, GM, coaching staff and possibly a young RB to start to fill in for Portis

7) Rank these QBs in terms of their career when its all said and done: Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez Sanchez, Campbell, Cutler

8) Name one BOLD prediction that will happen either during this season or during the off-season. Skins offense will drop 40+ on a division opponent (hopefully the Cowboys in their new stadium!)

1. Zorn won't be fired this season

2. Zorn won't be our coach next season. I'm guessing Mike Holmgren is going to wind up in D.C. I think Shanahan will opt for a place like Jacksonville, where Jack Del Rio is on his last legs. Shanahan has Florida ties and is more likely to gain control of the front office there than he is in D.C.

3. Campbell will be gone. I think he's playing marginally better than he did last season when Snyder decided he wasn't convinced Campbell was a star. He won't do enough to convince Snyder to re-sign him.

4. Skins will go 6-10.

5. Skins will only make the playoffs this year if something bizarre happens like a combination season-ending injuries to star players on other NFC teams and some sort of change in Redskin philosophy where they either commit fully to being a running team that ekes out 9-7 wins or their defense somehow starts creating more turnovers.

6. New coach, new QB -- I think some of the younger players will be retained, as will Haynesworth and Deangelo Hall because of their brand new contracts.

7. Cutler, Sanchez, Campbell

8. Clinton Portis will be released in the offseason.

2a) Will Zorn be our head coach come next season? No

2b) If no, who will be our head coach? Mike Shanahan

3a) Will Jason Campbell be our starting QB come next season? No

3b) If no, who will be our starting QB? Javaris Sneed, Ole Miss

4a) What will the Skins record be this year? 7-9

4b) Will the Skins make the playoffs? No

5) The Washington Redskins will make the 2009 playoffs if... they beat TB convingly, beat Phi on MNF, and they go into the bye week 6-2 or 5-3

6) Will there be a complete rebuild next year (i.e., new coach, new qb, new coaching staff, new rb/wrs, etc) New coach, new staff, new qb, new starting rb :(

7) Rank these QBs in terms of their career when its all said and done: Sanchez, Cutler, Campbell

8) Name one BOLD prediction that will happen either during this season or during the off-season. The Skins will have RB by committe next year - Marcus Mason and Alridge. CP is gone in the off-season

Yes he will be. IF we lose either of the next two games. At that point we'll hire Mike Shanahan.

No he will not be. Mike Shanahan will be.

No he will not be. No idea who the replacement will be however.

5-11. No.

We get every possible break for the rest of the season AND all other Wild Card teams get none.

No coach and staff yes. WR's are good although Moss will be gone. I believe we'll draft a RB in the first 3 rounds for the future.

Rate them on what exactly? Championships? Numbers? I think Sanchez has the most potential for winning. Cutler has the most potential for big numbers.

Zorn being fired before the bye week isn't bold enough I suppose. Both Moss and Portis will be gone before June 1st.

Can't see that happening. I'd say maybe, but it would have to be due to total anarchy in the locker room or an absolute melt down during the next few games. Even then, mid-season moves are just tough and I don't think Snyder will do that, even though the exaggerations about his "impatience" towards coaches that we haven't seen in years continue to be widespread.

If he does get fired, I'd expect an outside coach to come in and begin the rebuilding early on. I just don't see anyone on this coaching staff who can lead this team other than him right now.

Too early to tell. Zorn can do three things, two of which will most likely have him looking for a new job next season, one of which will keep him here. He can continue to work on things with the team, but continue to show little to no improvements as the season goes on; he can continue to work on things with the team, but have it only end up making things worse as we head under a downward spiral; or he can continue to work on things with the team, and turn this team INTO A TEAM, showing obvious improvements that lead to wins and a team that the league fears week in and week out. The first two means we'll have a new head coach next season, the latter means he's still our man.

If we go on a head coaching search, I'd say Mike Shanahan would be the most likely candidate simply because he runs a WCO and we've been putting the pieces in place for such an offense for the last two years.

This question ties into the previous one about Zorn, really. If he's here, Zorn most likely is as well.

If he continues to play the way he's playing, I'd say yes, however, he may find himself only as a RFA with a franchise tag who ends up in an open competition with another guy (either through the draft or FA) we bring in to compete. If he continues to improve this season and ends up being an obvious bright spot on the team, we'll make him our guy, period.

If he regresses in anyway, whether it's his fault or not, we'll be looking for a replacement most likely through the draft. Tying into the Zorn question; it'll most likely be a new head coach looking for his franchise QB.

4a) Predictions are useless. The choice is in the coaching staff's and player's hands. They can choose to be champions, or choose to be failures.

4b) Same as above.

4c) If they make the playoffs, I'd imagine it was because of their choice to be more than what they have been, so I'd be inclined to believe they will make quite the push to, at the very least, an NFC Championship game.

...they choose to do so, and they choose to do it together. Both coaches and players come together and figure everything out, where the coaches explain their weaknesses and mistakes as well as the players, and both push each other to do everything they can to fix them and to fix them NOW. If they can't do it, admit it, and move on. Accountability, responsibility, and focus. No one is allowed to be sensitive, or above being told or admitting themselves the problems they need to fix asap.

Again, too early to tell.

I don't think Sanchez should even be considered at this point.

As for the other two, again, I think it's too early to tell along with the factors involved in QB'ing. The story for Campbell could easily end up being he found himself in a very dysfunctional organization and he couldn't overcome it, but that he's as capable or more capable than Cutler is/will be. It could also be the opposite, that Campbell is holding everyone back, though I find that highly unlikely. What's likelier is that it could simply be that Campbell is just an average QB, and that could even be the same for Cutler! Remember, they're both young in terms of starts in the NFL.

I got two:

1) The team, with Zorn at the helm, turn it all around. They fix the secondary issues on defense, the red zone woes on offense, and make bigger plays on both defense and offense more often. They, together, make this team one of the most feared and respected teams in the league. The media feel stupid, but admits nothing. The negative among us do as well, but also admit nothing, but instead focus on any negative aspects during our games that occur, even if the games were blow outs, as an indication of awful things to come.

2) The team, with Zorn at the helm, become one of the worst teams in the league. They get exposed week in and week out as schematically weak along with being weak in talent. This leads to Snyder firing both Vinny and Zorn, and doing the only thing he can do to save face with the league and fans: he brings in a legitimate GM to run all football operations, someone like a Holmgren who leads the search for a new coach. A lot of players who have had long-tenures here get the axe, and we enter a total rebuilding mode beginning with the 2010 season.

Great idea OP:

1a) Will Zorn be fired during the season? NO

2a) Will Zorn be our head coach come next season? NO

2b) If no, who will be our head coach? Jon Gruden

3a) Will Jason Campbell be our starting QB come next season? NO

3b) If no, who will be our starting QB? QB by committee, Colt or Tebow

4b) Will the Skins make the playoffs? NO

5) The Washington Redskins will make the 2009 playoffs if...they can shut-up and play like a team

6) Will there be a complete rebuild next year (i.e., new coach, new qb, new coaching staff, new rb/wrs, etc) Yes but not WR's

7) Rank these QBs in terms of their career when its all said and done: Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez Sanchez, Cutler, Campbell

8) Name one BOLD prediction that will happen either during this season or during the off-season Bruce Allen comes in as our GM and Vinny heads the scouting department

I got two:

1) The team, with Zorn at the helm, turn it all around. They fix the secondary issues on defense, the red zone woes on offense, and make bigger plays on both defense and offense more often. They, together, make this team one of the most feared and respected teams in the league. The media feel stupid, but admits nothing. The negative nancies do as well, but also admit nothing.

2) The team, with Zorn at the helm, become one of the worst teams in the league. They get exposed week in and week out as schematically weak along with being weak in talent. This leads to Snyder firing both Vinny and Zorn, and doing the only thing he can do to save face with the league and fans: he brings in a legitimate GM to run all football operations, someone like a Holmgren who leads the search for a new coach. A lot of players who have had long-tenures here get the axe, and we enter a total rebuilding mode beginning with the 2010 season.

Obviously, I hope number 1 is true. But in the case that it is not, I really hope number 2 is true. I just can't stand being stuck in purgatory anymore.

Obviously, I hope number 1 is true. But in the case that it is not, I really hope number 2 is true. I just can't stand being stuck in purgatory anymore.

I've always been one to keep an even keel, or stay "medium" if I may, and I absolutely hate to turn into more of an "extremist" in my thoughts as I view that as intellectually lazy... but I must acknowledge we are in as extreme a situation as I've seen in a long time.

I think for the first time during Snyder's tenure, we are at a real tipping point. We've been close before, but this time, it feels different in that all the previous experiences are coming to the forefront. There can be little to no "few missing pieces" anymore, or just "we got to keep working on the little things", or "guys will improve or are improving"... it would have to be changes in the organizational structure of the franchise and, if not, and those ideas and thoughts are allowed to be continued, they'd have to be absolutely sure they have a good thing going here because nothing but the strongest of convictions can get you through the negativity that is swarming right now and will only magnify.

NO, Jim Zorn will not be fired.

Yes, He will still be our coach next year. Don't ask me why, cuz I have no idea whay I am saying yes.

No, I just don't think so. I have no idea who will be, because the potential free agent market for QB's is yuck. Campbell is probably the best option. So we will probably draft or try and trade for one.

7-9, will not make the playoffs. I was on record as thinking 9 or 10 wins this year, but drank too much kool-aid.

We win 5 of our next 6 games.

I just can't believe "another" new coach will be here, man that's tough. But an overhaul will be done.

Cutler, Campbell, Sanchez. Just remind me to bump this thread when all three are retired. LOL.

8) Name one BOLD prediction that will happen either during this season or during the off-season

I am not a hater, but CP26 will not be on this team if there's no cap next year.

I really don't think so. There's no one on staff now that could be a long term replacement, so essentially it's forfeiting the rest of the season and sending a bad message to the rest of the league for no real reason. No matter how much we may suck, firing a coach after a year and half doesn't look good.

I'd say Bugel or Blache as they seem to be next in line. I don't see anyone from outside of the organization stepping in midseason.

I really doubt it at this rate. Unless he can pull off some magic and turn things around and we 'end on a high'. I know there's a long way to go, so I don't even really like saying that. I guess if he adapts his playcalling and gets this team to play up to its potential somewhat.

I have no idea. I'd like a hard nosed coach like Singletary or Rex Ryan, though.

Unless he starts throwing TDs, no. No matter what else he does, that's all people will look at. If we do turn things around, and he still has low TD numbers people will have reason after reason as to why we won despite him and not because of him.

Whoever we can get in the draft.

7-9, optimistically. I think I orginally picked 9-7.

No.

They begin to play with more fire. I think people realize what's wrong with the team, but casually going through the motions never yields results.

No, but I really wouldn't mind seeing one. I don't think this roster, as it is built, can do anything with out a major overhaul. I wouldn't mind it either if we knew we had a similiar plan to what Parcells had in Miami.

Sanchez, Cutler, Campbell.

Yeah, I've got nothing. I see another free agent splash, potentially, but that's not really bold.

i'm ignoring the rest, but here's my bold prediction.

Redskins make the playoffs.

I recognize that this team has not played well enough through 3 games to even get the slightest chance from anyone - fan or not - to make the playoffs. That being said, momentum is key in the NFL. If they come out with a few good games, build confidence etc, I can see it happening. Especially witht he way dallas and philly can blow up internally every year.

So slander me all you want, but its my bold prediction.

2b) If no, who will be our head coach? Bill Cowher

3a) Will Jason Campbell be our starting QB come next season? No

3b) If no, who will be our starting QB? Sam Bradford?

4a) What will the Skins record be this year? 5-11

5) The Washington Redskins will make the 2009 playoffs if... Zorn finally figures out playcalling by letting JC step back and throw more in the redzone, and is less predictable about run vs pass plays.

6) Will there be a complete rebuild next year (i.e., new coach, new qb, new coaching staff, new rb/wrs, etc) Yes, new coach, staff, QB, and probably RB. WR's will largely remain the same.

7) Rank these QBs in terms of their career when its all said and done: Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez Sanchez, Cutler, Campbell

8) Name one BOLD prediction that will happen either during this season or during the off-season. Portis will be gone this offseason.

1a) Will Zorn be fired during the season? Yes

1b) If yes, who will be the interim coach? Bugel

2b) If no, who will be our head coach? Shannahan or Grimm

3a) Will Jason Campbell be our starting QB come next season? Maybe

3b) If no, who will be our starting QB? Jevan Snead

5) The Washington Redskins will make the 2009 playoffs if... They learn how to get into the endzone and make stops on 3rd down

6) Will there be a complete rebuild next year (i.e., new coach, new qb, new coaching staff, new rb/wrs, etc) Should be, but probably won't be

7) Rank these QBs in terms of their career when its all said and done: Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez. Cutler, Sanchez, Campbell

8) Name one BOLD prediction that will happen either during this season or during the off-season. Samuels will retire

No. Maybe Danny learned his lesson with Norv Turner. 0-3 under interim.

No. Probably Shanahan.

No. Probably a veteran until a draftee steps up. Depends on who Shanahan wants.

Their record will be 5-11, if they can manage 5 wins. They will miss the playoffs.

The players play like they did before they got huge contracts.

Probably not. Danny's got the patience of a ritalin kid that's missed his meds, but a complete rebuild would be akin to admitting that he's been wrong. He will change some coaches, get a QB, ask Vinny what the five big guys do that line up in front of the QB, get rid of good, overachieving players and hire underachieving name players to replace them. You know, business as usual.

Mark Sanchez, Jay Cutler, JC

GOOD: DeAngelo Hall is released because he's not what we thought he was. BETTER: Vinny is 86ed to give Shanahan complete control of the team. BEST: Danny suffers a nervous breakdown and is forced to sell the team from a padded cell. :evilg:

My twelve year old sons football team is 3-0. Strong Defense and Offense that moves the ball effectively. Very few mistakes overall. He is a starting TE/WR/DE, on the "A" team, in a tough league. Now that is something to be positive about....

Honestly, I know it stinks that we lost to the Lions and that are offense is offensive, but really people don't we all have more things in life to be happy for? Are you homeless, starving or destitute? Count your blessings and appreciate what you have. One day (dont know which one) things will get turned around.

Hail Skins...

1. Zorn will NOT be fire

2. Zorn will not be coach next season, gruden will be coach and bruce allen will come with him.

3. No Campbell will not be our QB, our first round draft pick will become starter.

4. record will be 3-13, no playoffs

5. The redskins MIGHT make the playoffs if zorn concentrates on becoming a leader and gives up playcalling duties.

6. Yes, complete rebuild of offense next year, defense stays mostly same but with new coordinator

7. Sanchez, Cutler, Campbell

8. Nothing bold will happen, we will continue with the same vanilla gameplan, no cuts, no benching, etc. no young players will get playing time and we will continue to be boring and the end of the season wont come soon enough In the offseason, i think portis will be gone

1a) Zorn will not be fired

2a) No

2b) Shannahan or Gruden

3a) Yes, but only because there will not be a new agreement in place

between the players association and the NFL. Carlos will be here as well

3b) We will be drafting another QB (Sam Bradford)

4a) 6-10

4b)no

5) Players learn how to tackle, get in shape, and Zorn learns how to call a

game

6) Not complete, but we will have a new QB rookie that will push JC, we will

have a new coach, Portis is staying, but there will be different backups

and I believe that a new reciever will be here

7) Sanchez, Cutler, Campbell

8) Landry will be traded (probably not, but one can hope)

No, and our options for interim head coach are terrible too.

No, he won't be. He's already lost the fanbase, and it sounds like he's lost the team listening to the postgame interviews. I hope that Mike Shanahan would like to come in and bring in a new staff.

Pretty ****ty, but I think JC is just done in Washington. He's looked good enough to stick around for another year or two to me, but I don't think the coaching situation will play to his favor.

Won't make the playoffs. 5-11 or 6-10 probably.

Zorn can just let it go and relax calling the plays. I think he just overthinks everything. We need to find ways to get our defense off the field too. Would also need a serious implosion from the Eagles, and for us to sweep Philly and Dallas at least.

Hope so. Really needs to go farther than that, with a new GM and new philosophy. There's a reason Spagnuolo turned us down, and why Jim Schwartz ended up coaching the Lions.

Hard to say, but definitely have to put Campbell behind the other two. There's no way JC gets into a functional franchise now. Maybe he ends up with the Raiders? My gut says Sanchez will be the best of the bunch.

Jason Campbell will throw for 4000+ yards and still play for another team in 2010.

Archived