Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is it such a bad idea to fire Zorn mid season?

BleedinBurgNGold

You think this is bad?? it would be a lot worse if we fire our coach midway through the season.... the locker room would be split as well and .. yeah .. it would be worse... like ... 2 years from now we could talk about how we just won are firsat game after 19 loses.. also Danny knows hes going to go get a coach in the offseason.. so he has to look like hes changed and be respectful and allow Zorn to hang himself.. After what he did to Marty .. a lot of nfl coaches looked very negative on Dan boy since then.. he's trying to fix his image ... ofcourse this team has been ruined... SCRAP EM ALL but keep COOLEY, FLETCHER and Hunter the punter strictly because I like to say Hunter the punter!

Like they said, JZ has 3 jobs. And regardless if you fire him, you're not gonna be able to do much thats gonna help. Whoever you get to take over all 3 spots aren't gonna be able to do much better now that the season has started. ...I wouldn't care if they fired him really, but it won't help.

First off, Take a breath and step back from the ledge

ok, now take a second and really think about what you just said......

Starting to get a bit clearer now?!?

As bad as this seems at the moment it could be much, much worse if the front office braintrust starts pulling the plug on head coaches without having a viable option to replace him.

Now dont get me wrong, I'm not sold on Zorn being the right guy but at the moment he's the best option (yes, that hurt to type).

There is nothing to gain from firing the guy now other than making us look even more bush league than we do already.

Unfortunately we just need to wait until after week 17 to see who our new coach is. I hope Snyder has a deal in place by then since I'm pretty sure we'll be competing with Jerry Jones for the same coaches.

There is nothing to gain from firing the guy now other than making us look even more bush league than we do already.

Unfortunately we just need to wait until after week 17 to see who our new coach is. I hope Snyder has a deal in place by then since I'm pretty sure we'll be competing with Jerry Jones for the same coaches.

Really? So you think most of the other NFL teams are thinking 'Geeze, The skins just lost to the LIons and that Coach Zorn really sucks! But at least they plan on sticking with him till the end''

Doubtful.

Simply by default. Who ya going to name interim coach that's not gonna make matters worse?

Someone who the players have more respect for and hasn't seemingly lost the locker room...either Buges or Blache. Shoot, Sherman Smith was an assistant HC. The players need to respond to someone. They aren't responding to Zorn.

Because there are unexplored avenues of increasing offensive production that are much less invasive than tossing out the entire offensive scheme mid-season.

But if he's too stubborn to make the moves that may need to be made, it will be at his own peril.

Simply by default. Who ya going to name interim coach that's not gonna make matters worse?

Its hard to get any worse dude. We just lost to the 0-19 Detroit Lions! I look at it like this season is a crap shoot with or without Zorn at this point, So why not name Buges the interim since we know what Zorn is all about?

Edit: The season would be a crap shoot with Buges but we KNOW what we get with Zorn. I'd hate to see you in Vegas

I'm sorry, but if Shanahan comes in, I think he can call plays. Give him this season, let him clear out the guys and get a head start on next year.

A guy like Shanahan would never come in in the middle of the season -- it is a set-up to fail. I can't recall a team replacing a fired coach with an outside coach in the middle of the season in the last ten years.

A guy like Shanahan would never come in in the middle of the season -- it is a set-up to fail. I can't recall a team replacing a fired coach with an outside coach in the middle of the season in the last ten years.

It hasn't happened I don't think. You can't do that right now. Again, it's really not Zorn, it starts at the top, then it rolls down. It'll be dumb and idiotic to fire Zorn right now.

"Absolutely, we could cave Zorn's skull in here. Yes, we could take the wife down to the basement and have a frenzied free-for-all with her. We could tie the kids up in their little rooms upstairs so they wouldn't hear any of it."

"We'd have to kill the kids, because they would have seen our faces."

"Okay! We could smear the walls with their blood. Guys, there are any number of twisted scenarios that could play out here, but I think the easiest thing -- really -- is to just start Collins."

"Right. Why get weird?"

"Let's just keep it simple."

Archived