Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Started! Mike and Mike this morning predict Lions win

benskins26

Heres the deal: We have to CRUSH Detroit! No bones about that. If we want to have a chance to succeed at all this season we need to beat the Lions by a minimum of 20 points.

So to have success this season it takes 20 points? What if we won by 10 points? We are going to fail the rest of the season?

It's a toss up at this point.

Could go either way.

I'm sure there will be "fans" that hope we lose so that maybe Snyder can "blow up the team" though.

Sorry to discourage you but the Redskins will WIN this weekend. The Lions will be lucky to score 10 points. And at the 2 min. warning, the game will be over. This will be the week that the Washington Redskins show up as a team.

Offense scores 4 times. Defense gets sacks and turnovers. Lions go 0-20.

and the Redskins will be 2-1.

If Zorn can't motivate this group, hopefully this national lack of respect will. I'm really hoping this is a breakout game b/c the Skins need to get healthy against the teams "they're supposed to beat."

Agreed. Remember back in '82? The team's rallying cry that season was "no respect" and look where it got us!

Heres the deal: We have to CRUSH Detroit! No bones about that. If we want to have a chance to succeed at all this season we need to beat the Lions by a minimum of 20 points.

Great teams will more than they lose. Thats all that matters. Last year Tennessee won 13 games and very few of them were blowouts, even against bad teams with bad quarterbacks.

Once a team has won 5 in a row nobody cares what the scores were. Winners find a way to win even if they have to manufacture all the lucky breaks and just get by. Thats what Tennessee did last year. They aren't getting the breaks this year and they are 0-2.

Redskins got some lucky breaks last week. If it happens again and we're 2-1 then who cares. We keep moving onward.

It seems like a lot of media personalities are picking this way. Whiles listening to 980 Mike Sellers told the media that they were against the team and covering them in a negative light. This only furthers the point I suppose.

HTTR

ESPN980 is full of Skins-haters. I stopped listening last year because all they did was bash the Skins, particularly Zorn. Its ironic, since 106.7 prides themselves as being "independent," but they are in fact much more balanced and thoughtful in their comments.

It is almost as if the ESPN980 guys go out of their way to prove "we're not restricted."

i mean at this point how can you not agree with them. we have no running game and are predictable to say the least. o line is breaking down with samuels knee troubles getting worse each game. typical redskins football, hey i hope i am wrong but its not looking good!

Averaging 105 yards a game. Hardly "no running game".

Not as much as we are used to. But nowhere near "no running game".

Where did you hear "Samuals knee troubles are getting worse each game?

I just LOVE the "optimism".

anyone who doesnt think we will beat the lions should turn in there fan card now!

Im not sharing a playoff run with any of you fools...

There is only one thing worse than mediots and thats fans who buy into the hype...

Try watching a full game with a clear mind without bashing the team you love...

+1

Lion's will win, how long of a leash does Zorn have? this is what happens when you take a qb coach and make him a head coach all because he promised to make JC a pro bowl QB...

The fact he thought he could make JC a pro bowler is enough for me to fire him in the first place.

Flacco was a rookie last year, and while he didn't have a great game, didn't make too many crucial mistakes in leading his team to victory over the Redskins.

Stafford is still getting the hang of things. He still doesn't have much in his body of work. He's still just scary enough to cause problems.

Flacco was playing on a MUCH better team than Stafford is on now.

Yes Detroit has scored more points than we have this year. Big ****ing deal.

They are still in the bottom with passing yardage, running yardage.

They still have allowed 511 yards passing against them. They have allowed 269 yards rushing. Their rookie QB has thrown 5 Picks and only 1 TD with a 40.5 rating. Their star RB is barely over 100 yards for the year with a 2.6 yard avg. They have allowed 9 TDs this year.

The skins have allowed 229 rushing yards, 367 passing yards. Jason has thrown 1 Pick and 1 fumble, has a higher percentage completion, more yards on fewer attempts, 89 rating. Yes we need to score some TDs. We ALL know that. But hey, look Detroit has allowed an avg of 4.5 TDs per game. I think we get some this week.

Yeah, I REALLY see Detroit Winning. :doh:

Lavar said on his show yesterday that other teams (players and front office) see the Redskins as a joke and a circus act. He witnessed these opinions first hand when he went to the Giants.

I think Lions fans are probably for optomistic for this game. It is a shame what has happend to us.

That opinion has been around for a while now.

Slap them around a bit, bloody their noses and watch them wilt. Seems hard to erase that mentality sad to say.

I really hope the coaching staff and players get TICKED about all of this. I hope they are playing on a constant loop in the locker room, weight room, practice field all these predictions about the 0-18 Lions going to beat the Skins. If the Skins get ticked and execute Skins win 31-10. Go Skins!!

Archived